We must stop the Oromo invasion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
-The Oromos are settling in Somali lands along the Shabelle river, especially North of Jigiga.

-They've Oromized Somali groups such as the Akisho, Bursuug, Garre, Jarso, Gurgura and are now claiming majority in Dire Dawa.

-East Haraghe is mostly Somalis but is part of Oromia.

-Harar was one of the largest Islamic centres when Somalis influenced or ruled it. With the Oromo invasion it made it an alcohol & khaat city, destroying the great Islamic heritage it once held.

-Most of Oromia belonged to Somalis when Ahmed Gurey conquered the Habesha kingdom, but the pagans have took all these fertile lands.

-The most endangered qabiil out of all Somalis are the Dir. Other than the Issa, the rest have become part of the Oromo sub clan known as the Afran Qollo.

Hopefully the DDSI can deal with these issues, the Issa are also expanding on the Awash river well done to them.

Akisho and Jaarso are Somalized Oromos, while the Garre, Barsuug and Gurgura are Oromized Somalis. Large segments of the Somali clan Ajuuraan in North Kenya have also under gone Oromization. I mostly agree with u on everything else.

Last edited:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
We must build boarders against Oromos and Bantus.

Too many Congolese coming to Somalia and claiming to be Somali Bantu when they don't know lick of afsomali.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
We must build boarders against Oromos and Bantus.

Too many Congolese coming to Somalia and claiming to be Somali Bantu when they don't know lick of afsomali.
Border with Oromos - yes.

Border with Bantus - no.

We need to take Tana River. 2/3rds of Kenya's electrical needs are fulfilled through this river, and Somalis settle along quite a bit of it.

For now we should focus on rebuilding & modernising Somalia. When we attain a modern economy & military, only then can we turn our attention to other Somali territories. Harar would make a great future capital for Somalia.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Akisho and Jaarso are Somalized Oromos, while the Garre and Gurgura are Oromized Somalis. I agree with u on everything else.

Akisho are actually a Somali tribe their real name is gurre. There's a very famous wadani singer who's Akisho named zainab baxsan who's been exiled out of galbeed for 30+ years for being against the ethiopian occupation.

Also @Prince of Lasanod the clans that you believe have been assimilated into oromo (I would definitely disagree) have been to a small degree assimilated hundreds of years ago. Why is it concerning all of a sudden?

Also most dir clans that you have mentioned are upset with abdi illey so make that what you will.

Akisho are actually a Somali tribe their real name is gurre. There's a very famous wadani singer who's Akisho named zainab baxsan who's been exiled out of galbeed for 30+ years for being against the ethiopian occupation.

Also @Prince of Lasanod the clans that you believe have been assimilated into oromo (I would definitely disagree) have been to a small degree assimilated hundreds of years ago. Why is it concerning all of a sudden?

Also most dir clans that you have mentioned are upset with abdi illey so make that what you will.

Sorry sxb, but ur wrong about the Akisho and also about these Somali clans being assimilated to a small degree. Akisho now identify as Somali but are originally Oromo. The same goes for the Jaarso. And as for the Gurgure of Dire Dhabe and the Garre of North Eastern Kenya and South East Ethiopia, the majority speak Oromo. Also, large segments of the Ajuuraan, if not the majority, speak Oromo.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
If they were only assimilated to a small degree then their lands wouldn't be part of Oromia, and Dire Dawa would be part of DDSI.

@John Michael When Ethiopia disintegrates, then the second largest city should be in Somali hands since they founded it and are the majority. We cannot let the Oromos take this city. At the moment since we are all part of one country, the border between Somali/Oromo may not matter much but these will eventually be different countries.

These are the sub-clans of Akisho which I got from Wikipedia. Warra means reer in Oromo.

Akichu Oromo, Also go by the name Akisho, who have been assimilated into the neighboring Somalis
  • Warra Miyyoo
  • Wara Bitto
  • Warra Daayyo
  • Warra Luujo
  • Warra Ittu
  • Warra Kiyyo
  • Warra Heebaana
  • Warra Kurto
  • Warra Obo
  • Warra Igoo
  • Warra Asaabo
  • Warra Ejjoo

-Harar was one of the largest Islamic centres when Somalis influenced or ruled it. With the Oromo invasion it made it an alcohol & khaat city, destroying the great Islamic heritage it once held.

Harar is still Islamic, i dont know where you think it is, go and visit, it still has its heritage

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Sorry sxb, but ur wrong about the Akisho and also about these Somali clans being assimilated to a small degree. Akisho now identify as Somali but are originally Oromo. The same goes for the Jaarso. And as for the Gurgure of Dire Dhabe and the Garre of North Eastern Kenya and South East Ethiopia, the majority speak Oromo. Also, large segments of the Ajuuraan, if not the majority, speak Oromo.

Are you really telling me this lady is oromo?

The majority of gurgura people do not speak oromo, not even close many live in Somaliland no where near oromos. I have family who are gurgura. Yes there are those who have assimilated and barely speak somali/intermarry but I think it's overblown.

I can't speak for Ajuuran as I've never met one but are you claiming these things from what you read online how have you decided this.

Jaarso i will agree though.

These are the sub-clans of Akisho which I got from Wikipedia. Warra means reer in Oromo.

Akichu Oromo, Also go by the name Akisho, who have been assimilated into the neighboring Somalis
  • Warra Miyyoo
  • Wara Bitto
  • Warra Daayyo
  • Warra Luujo
  • Warra Ittu
  • Warra Kiyyo
  • Warra Heebaana
  • Warra Kurto
  • Warra Obo
  • Warra Igoo
  • Warra Asaabo
  • Warra Ejjoo

Aboowe that's oromo propaganda they also claim dir dhaba is an oromo phrase and gurgura (not the ones were talking about a sopposedly different oromo version) settled there.

The tribe is gurre I'm not sure why they were nickname akisho but they do have close interaction with oromos

I agree with @Prince of Lasanod.

Oromos are expanding so much and are some are already claiming somali regions. They already took the harari region and now they will come for ogaden region. Liyuu police are already attacking oromo district and tuulo.

But ina iley is doing a good job expanding ogaden.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
If they were only assimilated to a small degree then their lands wouldn't be part of Oromia, and Dire Dawa would be part of DDSI.

@John Michael When Ethiopia disintegrates, then the second largest city should be in Somali hands since they founded it and are the majority. We cannot let the Oromos take this city. At the moment since we are all part of one country, the border between Somali/Oromo may not matter much but these will eventually be different countries.

More want to be in oromia because of bad somali governance. Maybe we should work on that, it would fix all the problems in all five somali regions. :damedamn:

Young Popeye

Call me pops
-The Oromos are settling in Somali lands along the Shabelle river, especially North of Jigiga.

-They've Oromized Somali groups such as the Akisho, Bursuug, Garre, Jarso, Gurgura and are now claiming majority in Dire Dawa.

-Most of Oromia belonged to Somalis when Ahmed Gurey conquered the Habesha kingdom, but the pagans have took all these fertile lands.

-The most endangered qabiil out of all Somalis are the Dir. Other than the Issa, the rest have become part of the Oromo sub clan known as the Afran Qollo.

Hopefully the DDSI can deal with these issues, the Issa are also expanding on the Awash river well done to them.

Oromos didnt open the beer factory, it was the communist regime that did. why dont you atleast study the history of the region before commenting? khat was being exported into yemen since the middle ages

Are you really telling me this lady is oromo?

The majority of gurgura people do not speak oromo, not even close many live in Somaliland no where near oromos. I have family who are gurgura. Yes there are those who have assimilated and barely speak somali/intermarry but I think it's overblown.

I can't speak for Ajuuran as I've never met one but are you claiming these things from what you read online how have you decided this.

Jaarso i will agree though.

Aboowe that's oromo propaganda they also claim dir dhaba is an oromo phrase and gurgura (not the ones were talking about a sopposedly different oromo version) settled there.

The tribe is gurre I'm not sure why they were nickname akisho but they do have close interaction with oromos

It really irks me when someone spreads misinformation. Luckily most people on this forum know I don't make strong assertions unless I'm sure about what I'm saying. So for the last time the Akisho are originally Oromo, I am 100% sure of this. Anyone who just takes one glance at their subclans above will see that they are clearly Oromo. Also, the majority of the Gurgura, a subclan of Dir, now speak Oromo, I am also 100% sure of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts