What are you doing to help out back home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're not doing anything now, what do you plan to do? Also, what is your vision for Somalia in say, the next 10, 20 even 50 years? I'm very curious. Lets get a good discussion here without getting sidetracked.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Personally I want to build orphanages and schools for the poor kids back home. I want each kid to have a dream and go after their passions. I'm very passionate about helping orphans. I've heard enough horror stories about Somalis back home treating orphans poorly. I want those kids to have the best childhood any kid with two parents can. I believe it's our duty to take care of them as Somali and Muslims. If I can educate one child I believe I've done my purpose on this earth.

Bohol

VIP
Drilling water wells and teaching locals how to make bricks out of clay, sand and other earth materials (so they can build their own
homes for next to nothing).

Right today I paid my share of money My family have made this monthly payment account (we collected money in it) then send it to any of need in back home. My husband have his own group at FB of subsubclan, he helped uptill now 60 families that were affected by drought.

Build up a network of Somali engineers and open up a tech company dealing with research, design, develop, and test computer systems and components such as processors, circuit boards, memory devices, networks, and routers. Main goal is to hire and train local somalis over there of course so that they can have a well paying job inshallah.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
Build up a network of Somali engineers and open up a tech company dealing with research, design, develop, and test computer systems and components such as processors, circuit boards, memory devices, networks, and routers. Main goal is to hire and train local somalis over there of course so that they can have a well paying job inshallah.
Are you a CS/IT/IS major?

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
I was in CS then switched to Software eng, way better than that theoretical math bullshit
I see. Yeah, I'm second year CS major. Did they have a Software Eng program with a CS program at your same school or did you switch schools? We only have a CS at my Uni. I don't blame you though, if you all you want to be is a "code monkey" -- then Software eng makes more sense, since CS covers more than that and more complex.

I see. Yeah, I'm second year CS major. Did they have a Software Eng program with a CS program at your same school or did you switch schools? We only have a CS at my Uni. I don't blame you though, if you all you want to be is a "code monkey" -- then Software eng makes more sense, since CS covers more than that and more complex.

Well my school has Hardware and electrical engineering fundamentals smeared into the software engineering program as opposed to CS which is just math and programming, plus i don't want to code for the rest of my life, i want to use and design microchips and work with embedded systems so switching made sense to me. Does your cs program has streams? Like Algorithm , robotics, mobile computing, network security etc..

Inshallah take over my dad's farm, buy farming machines, drill a few wells for farming, ect. All Somalia needs is a competent and honest government that can at least provide security and water security, roads, hospitals, law/order, and securing our sea, these are basic easy and achievable goals for the federal government.

If the basics are met, then everything else is gonna be taken care of by the private sector and free market. Water security is the main #1 task that needs to get tackled because farmers can produce all types of agricultural needs in Somalia. Once we become independent on foods and stop these bogus food donations, somalias farming sector will start booming and provide tons of jobs, and it's gonna create other sectors such as processing factories, warehouses, repair shops, it's also gonna provide foods for millions of livestocks which in turn creates other sectors. I'm very optimistic about somalias future inshallah.

If this new government does it's job, you can start seeing noticeable results in just 5 yrs or less

Btw this is just the agricultural side, there will soon be oil and gas sector, mining sector, huge ports sectors, electric sector, railroad sector, telecommunications sector, ect.

I really would like to see Somalia become a free trade country, it would bring in lots of foreign investors

Last edited:
Inshallah take over my dad's farm, buy farming machines, drill a few wells for farming, ect. All Somalia needs is a competent and honest government that can at least provide security and water security, roads, hospitals, law/order, and securing our sea, these are basic easy and achievable goals for the federal government.

If the basics are met, then everything else is gonna be taken care of by the private sector and free market. Water security is the main #1 task that needs to get tackled because farmers can produce all types of agricultural needs in Somalia. Once we become independent on foods and stop these bogus food donations, somalias farming sector will start booming and provide tons of jobs, and it's gonna create other sectors such as processing factories, warehouses, repair shops, it's also gonna provide foods for millions of livestocks which in turn creates other sectors. I'm very optimistic about somalias future inshallah.

If this new government does it's job, you can start seeing noticeable results in just 5 yrs or less

You gonna be doing all that in Mogadishu?

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
Well my school has Hardware and electrical engineering fundamentals smeared into the software engineering program as opposed to CS which is just math and programming, plus i don't want to code for the rest of my life, i want to use and design microchips and work with embedded systems so switching made sense to me. Does your cs program has streams? Like Algorithm , robotics, mobile computing, network security etc..
Very interesting and good luck bro. Our undergraduate does have different courses on Algorithms, intro to AI, machine learning, but robotics are for graduate degrees. It's a quite complex degree, but it's the 7th best CS school in the U.S -- so I see why it's a complex course.

Very interesting and good luck bro. Our undergraduate does have different courses on Algorithms, intro to AI, machine learning, but robotics are for graduate degrees. It's a quite complex degree, but it's the 7th best CS school in the U.S -- so I see why it's a complex course.
Thanks you too:salute:

I'm not sure but my whole career path, life goal is dedicated to learning what exactly is wrong with my continent and how I can help other Africans.

A few suggestions I have is :
1. The idea of creating a nationalist, liberation philosophy where Somalis come to see each other as one people regardless of qabiil, or ethnicity (Somali and Somali Bantus as one).

2. Working on ending the marginalization of women, Christians, atheists, gays...every single Somali life is valuable and has the potential to transform our Somali reality, economy. Why let ignorance destroy that potential? It's time the traditional Somali men dominating politics stepped aside and let others come to the plate. They had centuries to make a difference.

3. Empowering our farmers, pastoralist and valuing the work they do but also upgrading agriculture and creating less labour intensive jobs. The rural economies need to be diversified.

4. The government will only improve if the economy is improved and the health system, education, and financial systems are improved. They are all interconnected so we need to come together as a nation, select educated experts to create a transformative, liberating, inclusive plan. At the core of every decision should be somalinimo and not a single person should be excluded.

I know it seems idealistic but without faith and hope there will only be hopelessness and corruption. Hopelessness leads to stagnation.

I did nothing but work in semiconductor industry in my entire working career. If you take a course in chip manufacturing and you have a question or two, let me know. I also work with people who wrote the book on the subject and teach graduate students.

I'm not sure but my whole career path, life goal is dedicated to learning what exactly is wrong with my continent and how I can help other Africans.

A few suggestions I have is :
1. The idea of creating a nationalist, liberation philosophy where Somalis come to see each other as one people regardless of qabiil, or ethnicity (Somali and Somali Bantus as one).

2. Working on ending the marginalization of women, Christians, atheists, gays...every single Somali life is valuable and has the potential to transform our Somali reality, economy. Why let ignorance destroy that potential? It's time the traditional Somali men dominating politics stepped aside and let others come to the plate. They had centuries to make a difference.

3. Empowering our farmers, pastoralist and valuing the work they do but also upgrading agriculture and creating less labour intensive jobs. The rural economies need to be diversified.

4. The government will only improve if the economy is improved and the health system, education, and financial systems are improved. They are all interconnected so we need to come together as a nation, select educated experts to create a transformative, liberating, inclusive plan. At the core of every decision should be somalinimo and not a single person should be excluded.

I know it seems idealistic but without faith and hope there will only be hopelessness and corruption. Hopelessness leads to stagnation.

This is very noble, i especially like you 2nd bit. I feel like so much work needs to be done to empower women back home. We'll never get anywhere with the continuous mistreatment and marginalisation of Somali women

How is a society suppose to function when half of the population is basically silenced?

This is very noble, i especially like you 2nd bit. I feel like so much work needs to be done to empower women back home. We'll never get anywhere with the continuous mistreatment and marginalisation of Somali women

How is a society suppose to function when half of the population is basically silenced?
This is where ur (SJW) blinds you, our women are more empowered then ever before and are contributing to Somalia just as much as men, You need to remember Somalia is a conservative country, and even then the women have rights to own businesses, own properties, join the military/police, and run for office. Just like any other nation around the globe theres still someway to go and I'm not turning a blind eye on that. You always make it seem as our women are oppressed and they have no rights and that's BS, subxanallah feminism is truly a cancer :faysalwtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts