What are your main motivations in life

Status
Not open for further replies.

lush

>,,<
.... and what measures are you taking to maintain that motivation??

My main motivation in life is to age gracefully. lol I realised I was writing an essay, so I stopped. But if you interested in what measures I'm taking and prepared to read long ass essay, let me know.

In the meantime I would love to know about yours guys :obama:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Well I used to always think about getting shit ton of money when I eventually got it I wasnt happy was still feeling the same and realized the money wouldnt make me happy

But it would make others happy thats why I invested most of it back home

My main motivation in life is to be content and make a difference to the people I meet

lush

>,,<
Well I used to always think about getting shit ton of money when I eventually got it I wasnt happy was still feeling the same and realized the money wouldnt make me happy

But it would make others happy thats why I invested most of it back home

My main motivation in life is to be content and make a difference to the people I meet

I really love this comment. People don't often understand when I tell them I'm not money motivated person. And ever since I decided to become minimalist, money has been the least of my worries. I just remembered this short story..

Once a father was having a walk with his son. father was a wise man,and was very much concerned with the moral education of his son. Both of them headed towards their fields near by while walking.

As they went along,they saw a pair of old shoes lying in path, which they supposed to belong to a poor man who was employed in a field close by,and who had nearly finished his day’s work.

The son turned to the father, saying: “Dad ! how about if we play the man a trick: we will hide his shoes, and conceal ourselves behind those bushes, and wait to see his perplexity when he cannot find them.”

“My Dear Son,” answered the father, “we should never amuse ourselves at the expense of the poor. But you are rich, and may give yourself a much greater pleasure by means of this poor man. Put a coin in each shoe, and then we will hide ourselves and watch how this affects him.”

The son did so by placing coins in both shoes and they both placed themselves behind the bushes close by. The poor man soon finished his work, and came across the field to the path where he had left his coat and shoes.

While putting on his coat he slipped his foot into one of his shoes, but feeling something hard, he bent down to check what it was irritating in his shoes , and found the coin. Astonishment and wonder were seen upon his countenance. He gazed upon the coin, turned it around, and looked at it again and again.

He then looked around him on all sides, but no person was to be seen. He now put the money into his pocket, and proceeded to put on the other shoe; but his surprise was doubled on finding the other coin.

His feelings overcame him; he fell upon his knees, looked up to the sky and uttered aloud a fervent thanksgiving to ALLAH, in which he spoke of his wife who was sick and helpless, and his children without bread, whom this timely bounty, from some unknown hand by grace of ALLAH ,would save from perishing.

The boy (son) stood there deeply affected, and his eyes filled with tears. “Now,” said the father, “Are you not much better pleased than if you had played your intended trick?”

The boy replied, “Dad! You have taught me a lesson which I will never forget. I experienced now the truth of these words of Prophet Mohammad SAAS , which I never understood before: “The upper hand is better than lower hand”

ace mooha

Up and coming sniper.
I really love this comment. People don't often understand when I tell them I'm not money motivated person. And ever since I decided to become minimalist, money has been the least of my worries. I just remembered this short story..

Once a father was having a walk with his son. father was a wise man,and was very much concerned with the moral education of his son. Both of them headed towards their fields near by while walking.

As they went along,they saw a pair of old shoes lying in path, which they supposed to belong to a poor man who was employed in a field close by,and who had nearly finished his day’s work.

The son turned to the father, saying: “Dad ! how about if we play the man a trick: we will hide his shoes, and conceal ourselves behind those bushes, and wait to see his perplexity when he cannot find them.”

“My Dear Son,” answered the father, “we should never amuse ourselves at the expense of the poor. But you are rich, and may give yourself a much greater pleasure by means of this poor man. Put a coin in each shoe, and then we will hide ourselves and watch how this affects him.”

The son did so by placing coins in both shoes and they both placed themselves behind the bushes close by. The poor man soon finished his work, and came across the field to the path where he had left his coat and shoes.

While putting on his coat he slipped his foot into one of his shoes, but feeling something hard, he bent down to check what it was irritating in his shoes , and found the coin. Astonishment and wonder were seen upon his countenance. He gazed upon the coin, turned it around, and looked at it again and again.

He then looked around him on all sides, but no person was to be seen. He now put the money into his pocket, and proceeded to put on the other shoe; but his surprise was doubled on finding the other coin.

His feelings overcame him; he fell upon his knees, looked up to the sky and uttered aloud a fervent thanksgiving to ALLAH, in which he spoke of his wife who was sick and helpless, and his children without bread, whom this timely bounty, from some unknown hand by grace of ALLAH ,would save from perishing.

The boy (son) stood there deeply affected, and his eyes filled with tears. “Now,” said the father, “Are you not much better pleased than if you had played your intended trick?”

The boy replied, “Dad! You have taught me a lesson which I will never forget. I experienced now the truth of these words of Prophet Mohammad SAAS , which I never understood before: “The upper hand is better than lower hand”
Damn there she goes again.:banderas:
My ultimate goal is to get the girl.

Mercury

VIP

Exactly!!

many ppl go for the Pursuit of happiness But forget to be happy in the present

Another thing When ppl think about what they need to be happy they set emselves up for sadness because once you have that they will find that it didnt bring the happiness they wanted and it in turn makes yiu sadder than before

To me happiness is something you chose for urself u can choose to be happy with what u have here and now I guess thats the hard part happiness cant be taught its something yiu have to find for yourself

Being happy everyday thats the hard part cause shit happens, death and tragedy

ace mooha

Up and coming sniper.
Lol I already found out who my boss is :whew::whoo::win:He's the one and only boss :rejoice:. he's too rich. I can't even reach him:lawd:. Which is why I look up to him instead and hope one day I can be as rich as him:feedme:. He's someone who inspires me and it means the world to me to know that's he's got my back any day!!:friendhug::friendhug::friendhug:

You, tramo, and realwarya were trying to confuse me. :francis:

Loool but I love the conscious effort he made to cover up his tracks :ohhhdamn: what a cheeeky monkey :ohhhdamn:

My boss is tooooooo awesome mashaAllah.
OMG.
When are you ever gonna understand?
:snoop:

Mercury

VIP
@lush i want to read your essay. Soo toor

computing.gif

My main motivation in life is to have sex with as many girls as possible, get rich and maintain my fitness. I basically live for my carnal, mortal desires.

Last edited:

lush

>,,<
Exactly!!

many ppl go for the Pursuit of happiness But forget to be happy in the present

Another thing When ppl think about what they need to be happy they set emselves up for sadness because once you have that they will find that it didnt bring the happiness they wanted and it in turn makes yiu sadder than before

To me happiness is something you chose for urself u can choose to be happy with what u have here and now I guess thats the hard part happiness cant be taught its something yiu have to find for yourself

Being happy everyday thats the hard part cause shit happens, death and tragedy

I agree the first part.... I didn't quite understand the second part. What do you mean by 'they set emselves up for sadness'.. tbh sadness allows us to stretch ourselves and discover our strength. Is not ideal to be happy all the time. When we are happy, we are too comfortable to get out of our comfort zone. I think being able to communicate with all our emotions is more important than 'just happiness'.. otherwise we miss the important lessons life is handing out to us.

Not necessarily. I think happiness can be taught too. There are few things I've learnt from others that contributed to my happiness once I've inculcated em in my life.

@VixR @DiricLover I'll type it when I get on my laptop :)

Status
Not open for further replies.