What Books, Mangas, or Manhwas Are You Currently Reading?

What are you guys and girls reading atm? I'll be posting recommendations here every few weeks/months.

Books

Warriors: Life and Death Among the Somalis By Gerald Hanley​

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

View attachment 344025
------------------------------------------------------

Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson​

View attachment 344024

Mangas

One Piece - ODA​

View attachment 344030

Yomuin-san wa Yuusha ja Arimasen node​

View attachment 344032
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Manwhas

TOWER OF GOD - SIU​

View attachment 344028

Latna Saga: Survival of a Sword King​

View attachment 344023

Surviving the Game as a Barbarian​

View attachment 344026

The Indomitable Martial King​

View attachment 344027

The Knight Only Lives Today​

View attachment 344029

Read this web comic, had it recommended to me. Didn't like anything else i was recommended and couldn't get into them, but this one has a lot of politics in it and draws upon medieval historical tropes, with a little bit fantasy(the aura/magic power stuff they could get rid off). It's essentially about Kingdom building and 1 man's relentless ambition.

heavenly-demon-cant-live-a-normal-life-thoughts-on-this-v0-j29iqawuy4dc1.png

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
Read this web comic, had it recommended to me. Didn't like anything else i was recommended and couldn't get into them, but this one has a lot of politics in it and draws upon medieval historical tropes, with a little bit fantasy(the aura/magic power stuff they could get rid off). It's essentially about Kingdom building and 1 man's relentless ambition.

I'll add it to my list, I miss the days when I could read all winter long without worry.

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm on chapter 45, it's well-written.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm on chapter 45, it's well-written.

You are at the chapter where he starts working at his city's iron mines and tries to connect with the workers. What i like about it is that if you noticed in the story every other city/state's economy is based on agriculture which is their source of wealth, but his estate economy is based on iron ore production and metal working. So they deviate from the rest and he quickly learns how much of a resource advantage he has and finds out ways to ramp up production, improve safety practices and cut costs. Through his hard work and sacrifice he gains the trust of miners their very backbone.

But keep reading he transforms a small rag tag police unit into an elite army , starts building towers and defenses, selecting a core loyal circle, gifting his troops with armor, techniques and luxury, start winning over the towns people, and transforming the economy by circumventing the barren landscape and taking advantage of the mountain ranges. Then from there it's a lot of politics of him exploiting competing factions to position himself, especially against the puppet weak king and the country ran by unpatriotic traitors.

Every battle they take, is done with precision with 0 to minimum casualties because he values the life of everyone under his command. He kinda employs tactical raids and never sends them out to die.

Last edited:

Trending