What if the Sahara remained green?

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP
How would this change the course of the people/regions surrounding it as well as the rest of the world?
Africans would own tbe world. Demographic giant from day 1.

Especially Egyptians, Berber & Cushites.
But these groups may as well merge to one single due to the lack of Sahara splitting the original Afro Asiatic people's.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Then Saharians will be fat and no very tall anymore.

Naaah i want the negroes to be thirsty and slender

Africans would own tbe world. Demographic giant from day 1.

Especially Egyptians, Berber & Cushites.
But these groups may as well merge to one single due to the lack of Sahara splitting the original Afro Asiatic people's.

Nah, the groups you highlighted would be no more relevant than any other group that already straddles the transition line (The Sahel). Even moreso because everything west of the horn just lands u closer to inner Africa.

Groups like Songhai,Tubu,Taureg,Fula etc have huge numbers today & historically have lived in North Africa.

U can't sleep on west or central - north Africa.
I'd love to know more about green Saharan history.
Unfortunately most of the scholarly info is hard science & theoretical tech that could map & survey large areas.

Just imagine what could be underneath all that sand
5I5s8.png

IMG_20241018_030703.jpg

Idilinaa

(Graduated)
In the last thread i posted yesterday i explained that the Sahara desert acted as a barrier that isolated west and central Africa from the rest of the world.

It limited their connectivity and it had major implications on their development: So if it remained green it would have allowed for major movements

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
Nah, the groups you highlighted would be no more relevant than any other group that already straddles the transition line (The Sahel). Even moreso because everything west of the horn just lands u closer to inner Africa.

Groups like Songhai,Tubu,Taureg,Fula etc have huge numbers today & historically have lived in North Africa.

U can't sleep on west or central - north Africa.
I'd love to know more about green Saharan history.
Unfortunately most of the scholarly info is hard science & theoretical tech that could map & survey large areas.

Just imagine what could be underneath all that sandView attachment 345855

View attachment 345856
Endless grasslands, the Afroasiatic language would have spread deeper into Africa, aswell as the technology boom would have sped up development reducing the west stranglehold after the 15th century, Africa still has very poor soil quality, but there are still ways around it by developing terra preta soil or planting specific trees for food like they did in the amazon.

1729239586834.png