What is love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
Through my experiences the romantic sense of love is a sort of parasitic relationship, you cannot function without the other, pettiness ensues, bitterness, and hatred untill you cant stand each other.

Isnt love supposed to be pure. Ive felt some form of that on a high dose of ecstasy met a girl instantly connected with her. And even though i hardly knew her i genuinely wanted nothing but the best for her. I think that's what love is its pure selfless caring for another person

Obligatory video link

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Love is what you feel for your creator and sustainer unconditionally the one who gave you everything you have including your body and soul:rejoice:

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Eating Murcood iyo Canuuni back in 1980's Somali democratic republic.

Take me back

oA5jHO.gif
Democratic republican of siad barre:siilaanyolaugh:

The Philosophy of Love
In Our Time
Melvyn Bragg and guests discuss the philosophy of love. In Plato’s Symposium a character called Aristophanes tells a story about Love. He says that once, near the beginning of time, there were three types of human, one male, one female and one that was part man and part woman. Each human type had four hands and four feet and one head with two faces, and what they lacked in beauty they made up for in power and bravery - they even dared to attack the Gods. Zeus, as usual, lost his patience and resolved to split these creatures in half to diminish their strength and increase their numbers. His plan was that there would be more people to offer sacrifices but they’d be too weak to bother the Gods. However, with the split he inadvertently created us - lonely creatures forever searching for our other halves. Aristophanes explained to Socrates, “human nature was originally one and we were a whole, and the desire and pursuit of the whole is what we call love”. This is one version of love that still seems to have strange echoes in the culture of today, but how has the Western understanding of the Philosophy of Love developed since Plato? Has it always been about finding our ‘other half’? With Professor Roger Scruton, author of many books including Sexual Desire; Angie Hobbes, lecturer in philosophy at Warwick University; Thomas Docherty, Professor of English at the University of Kent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00547dh

Thank me later OP

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
In all seriousness, I am scared. I don't know if anyone will ever love me. My mother is a typical cold narcissistic habar jeclo. She's never called me hoya, she calls me eedo. Every time I talk to a girl I get them to laugh but I don't know what to do next. Never been in a relationship in my entire life and am not a wadaad. I know I can join the salafi cult and be married by weekend but I want to feel true love, true romance. I just don't want to die single

Last edited:
In all seriousness, I am scared. I don't know if anyone will ever love me. My mother is a typical cold narcissistic habar jeclo. She's never called me hoya, she calls me eedo. Every time I talk to a girl I get them to laugh but I don't know what do next. Never been in a relationship in my entire life and am not a wadaad. I know I can join the salafi cult and be married by weekend but I want to feel true love, true romance. I just don't want to die single.

:mjlol: :dead:

seriously though, what do Somalis even know about love. everyone just gets married and expects to develop feelings for that person but what if you don't?

that concept wasn't really well thought out.

In all seriousness, I am scared. I don't know if anyone will ever love me. My mother is a typical cold narcissistic habar jeclo. She's never called me hoya, she calls me eedo. Every time I talk to a girl I get them to laugh but I don't know what do next. Never been in a relationship in my entire life and am not a wadaad. I know I can join the salafi cult and be married by weekend but I want to feel true love, true romance. I just don't want to die single.

:dead::dead::dead:

Wallahi ur a strange character lmaooo ur posts always make me cackle

In all seriousness, I am scared. I don't know if anyone will ever love me. My mother is a typical cold narcissistic habar jeclo. She's never called me hoya, she calls me eedo. Every time I talk to a girl I get them to laugh but I don't know what to do next. Never been in a relationship in my entire life and am not a wadaad. I know I can join the salafi cult and be married by weekend but I want to feel true love, true romance. I just don't want to die single

You dont seem to respect Hoyo macaan. How do you expect to treat your wife well if you disrespect your mother?

Status
Not open for further replies.