What is love

Status
Not open for further replies.
:mjlol: :dead:

seriously though, what do Somalis even know about love. everyone just gets married and expects to develop feelings for that person but what if you don't?

that concept wasn't really well thought out.

Love ??!!! Whats that ? As long as she got the body and she's a hot xalimo we can compromise on petty things like love.. :westbrookswag:

Love ??!!! Who cares about that, as long as she got the body and she's a hot xalimo we can compromise on petty things like love.. :westbrookswag:
once the shallow things fade, you'd need something to keep you in the marriage.

I don't even mean love in the cliche sense, I mean like a genuine respect and affection to your spouse. I don't know how some people can just get married and take that risk. imagine you get bored a year into the marriage.

once the shallow things fade, you'd need something to keep you in the marriage.

I don't even mean love in the cliche sense, I mean like a genuine respect and affection to your spouse. I don't know how some people can just get married and take that risk. imagine you get bored a year into the marriage.[/QUOTE]
I was trolling there for a bit lol
But If you are referring to arranged marriage then it does work and a lot of muslims have arranged marriages and go on to raise a proper family.
Would i agree to one? No i ain't about that life, but i have seen it happen and flourish to say that it is a viable option and it works. :manny:

I was trolling there for a bit lol
But If you are referring to arranged marriage then it does work and a lot of muslims have arranged marriages and go on to raise a proper family.
Would i agree to one? No i ain't about that life, but i have seen it happen and flourish to say that it is a viable option and it works. :manny:

I guess somalis don't really do the arranged marriage per se, but i was coming from an Islamic perspective. we are technically not allowed to date and get to know the person. so i guess even if dating is haram, its really the best way to find a suitable partner

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Iove is wishing nothing but the best for someone. Love is putting someone above yourself.

In all seriousness, I am scared. I don't know if anyone will ever love me. My mother is a typical cold narcissistic habar jeclo. She's never called me hoya, she calls me eedo. Every time I talk to a girl I get them to laugh but I don't know what to do next. Never been in a relationship in my entire life and am not a wadaad. I know I can join the salafi cult and be married by weekend but I want to feel true love, true romance. I just don't want to die single

Damn who knew Habr Jeclo are the ones without love :drakelaugh:

VixR

Veritas
Love is chemical, fleeting. Keeping the high requires maintenance of dosing, ie work, or switching the substance, so to speak. On it, you experience incredible illusions to the point that as it dissipates you wonder, rationally, what the heck you actually saw in them, and you have no answer, bc, in fact, nothing about it is rational.

Like a drug, it isn't necessary, but you find it makes life more colorful; dark and light colors. And just like a drug, it has addictive properties, hence you have many ppl who chase passion all their lives, being it the most heady part of the experience, only to find that love is still more illusive.

I don't like the vulnerability. And is it worth the energy, or loss. I'd rather not.

Like is best, leave love for the rest...if you can.

I guess somalis don't really do the arranged marriage per se, but i was coming from an Islamic perspective. we are technically not allowed to date and get to know the person. so i guess even if dating is haram, its really the best way to find a suitable partner

Yeah somalis aren't really about the arranged marriage life, but yeah i agree with you, it is frustrating that you can't "Date" or even get to know the other person properly. Remember Islam also prohibits talking to the opposite gender unless if it is strictly business and if a guy is interested in you he has to go straight to your dad. Never seen a Somali follow that before :francis:.
I guess you can "date" with the girls wali around but then again Somalis don't even do that.
It really is a dilemma especially for the ones living in the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.