What Is Your Opinion On Democracy By Shaykh Muqbil رحمه الله

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP
democracy is only good if you have an educated population, right now somalia is not ready for democracy

what are the countries with educated populations? the ones where the people are godless atheists and their schools push lgbt on their kids?

wallahi Somalia is way more successful than countries like Sweden. when we measure success- we have to look at whether people make it to jannah.

actual success is not money or what you have of this dunya. success is going to jannah.

and what these western countries offer is nonsense. you make good money but family life is largely eliminated in the west and then if you raise your kids out here they will try to brainwash them into irreligiosity, lgbt and promiscuity. what kind of life is that if you make a million dollars and your kids end up the route these western countries push for them?

there is no such thing as a successful democratic country. Canada, the US, UK- these countries are failures. the only right way is shariah.

what are the countries with educated populations? the ones where the people are godless atheists and their schools push lgbt on their kids?

wallahi Somalia is way more successful than countries like Sweden. when we measure success- we have to look at whether people make it to jannah.

actual success is not money or what you have of this dunya. success is going to jannah.

and what these western countries offer is nonsense. you make good money but family life is largely eliminated in the west and then if you raise your kids out here they will try to brainwash them into irreligiosity, lgbt and promiscuity. what kind of life is that if you make a million dollars and your kids end up the route these western countries push for them?

there is no such thing as a successful democratic country. Canada, the US, UK- these countries are failures. the only right way is shariah.
sweden is not blowing up its own schools and hospitals nor massacring their own people via civil war and tribal disputes.

while that kind of success is also good it would be preferable if we were also successful in being a peaceful and stable country. wouldnt more people make it to jannah if there is no civil war and bombings killing muslims?

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP
sweden is not blowing up its own schools and hospitals nor massacring their own people via civil war and tribal disputes.

it is true, people in Somalia do die. people in Sweden die also.

but when people in Somalia die- where do they end up? and when people in Sweden die- where do they end up?

that is the actual measurement of success. when we're facing Allah on yawm ul qiyamah, I doubt we're going to care how we died- our concern will be where we're headed.

this earthly life is like two seconds. in a blink of an eye, all of us are going to be removed from this transient life. and then the akhirah lasts eternity.

what is the significance of a few moments in comparison with eternity? a person is better off- and more successful- being the most miserable person in the dunya and then dying as a Muslim... versus being the happiest person in the dunya and dying as a kaffir.

Firaun was richer and more powerful than any of us here. Would any of us like to trade places with Firaun?

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP
while that kind of success is also good it would be preferable if we were also successful in being a peaceful and stable country. wouldnt more people make it to jannah if there is no civil war and bombings killing muslims?

actually, if there is chaos, there will probably be more people headed to jannah. look at Saudi. you give people the good things of this dunya... often they forget Allah. you give them hardship- often they turn to Allah.

but I'm not comparing a dangerous Muslim country with a less dangerous Muslim country. I compared a Muslim country with Sweden. we can compare Sweden to the most dangerous Muslim country or the safest- Sweden is less successful either way.

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP
so I asked chatgpt about the most dangerous countries. I didn't realize just how bad the violence actually is in Somalia. that is terrible. I thought they'd be on the same level as Venezuela but chatgpt tells me that Somalia is actually worse off than Venezuela as far as being dangerous. HOWEVER-

how much worse off is a country like Venezuela?? or the Congo? or for example Haiti?

in a lot of places, there is violence, chaos, all that. violence, poverty. a person is born in poverty, lives in poverty, dies in poverty, possibly dies young of a violent death. and then what? if this takes place in Haiti, Venezuela or Congo- it's pretty much guaranteed that after all that hardship in this life- then they go to hell in the akhirah. those poor ppl go from hell on earth to hell in the eternal afterlife.

but however bad things are for people in Somalia- at least after whatever hardships they endure- insha'Allah, it is only a few moments of difficulty in the grand scheme of things and then afterwards they attain paradise for eternity.

any reasonable person has to admit- that's a lot better off than something like Venezuela, Congo or Haiti, at least if things are equal in terms of poverty and danger (and then even if you factor in those aspects, I still think Somalia is better off)

venecos.jpg

edit: I don't want to come across as insensitive to what people in Somalia go through. but this hadith I believe proves that... things are not necessarily what they seem.

Anas ibn Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The most privileged people in the world among the people of Hellfire will come on the Day of Resurrection to be dipped in Hellfire, then it will be said: O son of Adam, did you see any good? Did you get any blessing? He will say: No, by Allah, my Lord! Then, the most miserable people in the world among the people of Paradise will come on the Day of Resurrection to be dipped in Paradise, then it will be said: O son of Adam, did you see any hardship? Did you have any distress? He will say: No, by Allah, my Lord! I did not once see hardship or distress.

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2807

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Muslim

عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يُؤْتَى بِأَنْعَمِ أَهْلِ الدُّنْيَا مِنْ أَهْلِ النَّارِ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ فَيُصْبَغُ فِي النَّارِ صَبْغَةً ثُمَّ يُقَالُ يَا ابْنَ آدَمَ هَلْ رَأَيْتَ خَيْرًا قَطُّ هَلْ مَرَّ بِكَ نَعِيمٌ قَطُّ فَيَقُولُ لَا وَاللَّهِ يَا رَبِّ وَيُؤْتَى بِأَشَدِّ النَّاسِ بُؤْسًا فِي الدُّنْيَا مِنْ أَهْلِ الْجَنَّةِ فَيُصْبَغُ صَبْغَةً فِي الْجَنَّةِ فَيُقَالُ لَهُ يَا ابْنَ آدَمَ هَلْ رَأَيْتَ بُؤْسًا قَطُّ هَلْ مَرَّ بِكَ شِدَّةٌ قَطُّ فَيَقُولُ لَا وَاللَّهِ يَا رَبِّ مَا مَرَّ بِي بُؤْسٌ قَطُّ وَلَا رَأَيْتُ شِدَّةً قَطُّ

2807 صحيح مسلم كتاب صفة القيامة والجنة والنار باب صبغ أنعم أهل الدنيا في النار وصبغ أشدهم بؤسا في الجنة

Last edited:
it is true, people in Somalia do die. people in Sweden die also.

but when people in Somalia die- where do they end up? and when people in Sweden die- where do they end up?

that is the actual measurement of success. when we're facing Allah on yawm ul qiyamah, I doubt we're going to care how we died- our concern will be where we're headed.

this earthly life is like two seconds. in a blink of an eye, all of us are going to be removed from this transient life. and then the akhirah lasts eternity.

what is the significance of a few moments in comparison with eternity? a person is better off- and more successful- being the most miserable person in the dunya and then dying as a Muslim... versus being the happiest person in the dunya and dying as a kaffir.

Firaun was richer and more powerful than any of us here. Would any of us like to trade places with Firaun?
its not one or the other. You CAN be STABLE and Muslim. why are you making a very reductive point bro? Somalia is in the bottom 3 out of 200 countries for corruption, instability, GDP, infrastructure. its on the level of Haiti in this day. even Afghanistan is more stable

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP
its not one or the other. You CAN be STABLE and Muslim. why are you making a very reductive point bro? Somalia is in the bottom 3 out of 200 countries for corruption, instability, GDP, infrastructure. its on the level of Haiti in this day. even Afghanistan is more stable

I didn't say it has to be one or the other. Nowhere have I said that. But even an unstable Muslim country is still better off than a country like Sweden.