What to expect in Dubai?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:snoop:
Unfortunately this is where my first trip out of the country will be and I'd like to know what to expect before I leave.
:francis:
What should I expect from this backwards "westernized" gilded city in the desert. Can you get by without speaking Arabic? Do you have to wear a hijab in public. Are there a lot of Somalis in Dubai?

If only Chris Brown didn't back out of that fight with Soulja Boy witnessing that fight would've been worth it.
:mjlol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went last October cause my parents basically forced me into it, but I was bored out of my mind.
The city itself is pretty modern, and you don't need to speak Arabic, most people don't and actually arabs are a minority. You'll see timo jileec everywhere you look though. Also you can wear whatever garments you want. Most Somalis live in the Deira area which is the old and traditional part of town.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Dubai is modern. Here's what to expect,

Go to Burj Khalifa and scam your way through the Royal Sheikhs suites. They love anything American, actually they love anything that's not Emirati women. They will dine and wine you. And one more thing you better stay away from my Emirati Royal bae.

Here's who to look for.

His name is Mansoor, he's the son of the Ruler of Dubai. He's currently screwing former strippers from Las Vegas who moved to Dubai. He's also friends with Drake, just mention East Africa and he will welcome you with open arms.

2bf2d48228ac30940a10d3c42ecf2680.jpg

His name is Nasser, he's also a prince from Bahrain living in Dubai, he's married but he's allowed 4 wives. Take your shot,

P.s

Don't associate yourself with Shia's he will torture you if mention Shia near him. Unless you're into tortuous freaky shit.

da0b5ea794732e3d4afe06c2b924a99f.jpg

Good luck girl.

CorpseBride

Pardon my enthusiasm
It's very hot. Don't let your parents lie to you you can wear whatever u want. Don't make eye contact with South Asians.

they might get their hopes up and think that you are there to free them from slavery:siilaanyolaugh:
Don't tell me they're low paid migrant workers. Basically working for next to nothing.
I don't understand these rich people why can't they just pay these people what they deserve.
Akaas how much greed do they have to pay people pennies when they have millions.
:susp:

Don't tell me they're low paid migrant workers. Basically working for next to nothing.
I don't understand these rich people why can't they just pay these people what they deserve.
Akaas how much greed do they have to pay people pennies when they have millions.
:susp:
forget about paying them fair wages, these arabs literally trap them as soon as they set foot in the country. they confiscate their passports so they are pretty much their slaves.:mjcry:

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
Everyone I've spoken too has told me Somalis are treated well in their race-based caste system. That was a surprise. It's even better for you since you have a western passport.

forget about paying them fair wages, these arabs literally trap them as soon as they set foot in the country. they confiscate their passports so they are pretty much their slaves.:mjcry:
:faysalwtf:
How is that not illegal? I feel like stepping a foot in this god forsaken country will conflict with my morals as a human being.
This would have been nice to know a month ago because unfortunately I don't have a choice but to go now.
:farole:

You're a Westerner you'll be fine.

I don't know how it's like in the winter but its probably hot as f*ck. Went there in the summer once and I'd be soaked in sweat after a couple of seconds outside.

In Deira you'll feel like you're in Mogadishu, Rinkeby, Grønland or Minneapolis. It's a market area dominated by Somalis/with alot of Somalis. It's pretty dope but expect a ton of stray cancer looking cats

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Yes the poster who said Somalis are treated well is right. I've a ghanian colleague who went to primary and secondary school in UAE, she said she was treated horrible, even though she is Muslim, the kids and some adults have been racist to her and her family but surprisingly the Somalis were treated better than the rest, infact they were treated better than foreign cadaan exchanged students. Stupid Somalis didn't help their fellow Muslim Africans though. Smh.

If you've big nose and West African feautures you will be treated badly tbh, which is sad. UAE Arabs are reer baadiye.

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
Dubai is modern. Here's what to expect,

Go to Burj Khalifa and scam your way through the Royal Sheikhs suites. They love anything American, actually they love anything that's not Emirati women. They will dine and wine you. And one more thing you better stay away from my Emirati Royal bae.

Here's who to look for.

His name is Mansoor, he's the son of the Ruler of Dubai. He's currently screwing former strippers from Las Vegas who moved to Dubai. He's also friends with Drake, just mention East Africa and he will welcome you with open arms.

2bf2d48228ac30940a10d3c42ecf2680.jpg

His name is Nasser, he's also a prince from Bahrain living in Dubai, he's married but he's allowed 4 wives. Take your shot,

P.s

Don't associate yourself with Shia's he will torture you if mention Shia near him. Unless you're into tortuous freaky shit.

da0b5ea794732e3d4afe06c2b924a99f.jpg

Good luck girl.
:whoo::whew:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending