Why is there no organized sophisticated Somali mafia

• I don't know

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Somalis love copying Madows and their stupid gangs

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Somalis are not sophisticated enough for a real Mafia

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
Crime syndicates are often societal alternatives that operate without most of the moral or legal restraints, and while Somalis are collectivist, it's not the kind of organizational behavior that is needed to run a mafia. Somalis would rather imitate low-level criminals, usually by other Black minorities often portrayed in hip hop culture than anything structured, rooted in culture and history like the Italian mafia or the yakuza.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
So what many Somalis moved to Western countries or the States decades ago and could have formed an organization there and passed the institute on to other newly arrived Somalis. Even though Somalis have clan system. They only used Mafioso practices to destroy Somalia. Alas not to enrich themselves in foreign countries.
The vast majority of somalis who came to the west didn't speak English at first. If I'm gonna go by stats of American Somalis most of them were women and children too. Pretty much everyone who got out was looking for safety not a way to make money, they weren't Europeans migrating to the US for better opportunities.

Yet again there's a massive difference, you could spend all day talking about why this is like comparing apples and oranges.

You can look at how Albanians got their way into the UK's drug trade. It's different to how Somalis did it (surprisingly there is organised crime in the UK by Somalis I forgot about that).

ReyRey

Brummie born & bred
Were not organised enough for that. The Somalis in Africa are doing good for themselves tho, they hire locals for the manual jobs and put only somalis in managerial positions. I guess they are the closest we have to the mafia :whoo:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
The vast majority of somalis who came to the west didn't speak English at first. If I'm gonna go by stats of American Somalis most of them were women and children too. Pretty much everyone who got out was looking for safety not a way to make money, they weren't Europeans migrating to the US for better opportunities.

Yet again there's a massive difference, you could spend all day talking about why this is like comparing apples and oranges.

You can look at how Albanians got their way into the UK's drug trade. It's different to how Somalis did it (surprisingly there is organised crime in the UK by Somalis I forgot about that).
Many Somalis migrated well before the war and did not establish anything. Also many Italians escaped the poor lifestyle, that's why some chose to join the Italian Mafia in America. Migrating to the US for better opportunities and joining Madow like gangs whilte Italians joined sophisticated rings like the Mafia.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Many Somalis migrated well before the war and did not establish anything. Also many Italians escaped the poor lifestyle, that's why some chose to join the Italian Mafia in America. Migrating to the US for better opportunities and joining Madow like gangs whilte Italians joined sophisticated rings like the Mafia.

During the 1980s, a small number of Somalis settled in the United States. They were later joined by many other ethnic Somalis from different backgrounds, who sought asylum in the US after the outbreak of the civil war in Somalia or emigrated from other parts of Greater Somalia.[3]

There definitely wasn't a lot. If we're gonna go across the pond to the UK there was a small population of Somalis in Wales. The population was tiny and it was in a low crime area so yet again there was never any reason for one to appear.

The Italian mafias in the US also started out like Madow criminals, hardly unique is it?

The first published account of what became the Mafia in the United States dates to the spring of 1869. The New Orleans Times reported that the city's Second District had become overrun by "well-known and notorious Sicilian murderers, counterfeiters and burglars, who, in the last month, have formed a sort of general co-partnership or stock company for the plunder and disturbance of the city." Emigration from southern Italy to the Americas was primarily to Brazil and Argentina, and New Orleans had a heavy volume of port traffic to and from both locales.

Mafia groups in the United States first became influential in the New York City area, gradually progressing from small neighborhood operations in poor Italian ghettos to citywide and eventually national organizations.
They were about as sophisticated as your local gang when they started and they grew from there. They already had established Mafia's in Sicily but they still ended up starting as low class shit.

Yet again unless you get off on putting down Somalis you can probably see why they aren't comparable. I'd rather we get more educated somalis than wannabe Mafioso.

Last edited:
We got somali crime rings over here but idk what constitutes as a mafia

MEN IN SUITS WHO SECRETLY f*ck EACH OTHER IN UNDER GROUND BASES WHILE WORSHIPPING SATAN

THE MAFIA IS JUST ANOTHER SECT OF THE FREEMASONS
THE FOUNDER OF THE MAFIA WAS
GIUSEPPE MAZZINI

'Chi mi spiega questa storia che Cosa Nostra, la nota mafia siciliana, è stata fondata da Giuseppe Mazzini? or Who explains this story that Cosa Nostra, the famous Sicilian mafia, was founded by Giuseppe Mazzini

MEN IN SUITS WHO SECRETLY f*ck EACH OTHER IN UNDER GROUND BASES WHILE WORSHIPPING SATAN

THE MAFIA IS JUST ANOTHER SECT OF THE FREEMASONS
THE FOUNDER OF THE MAFIA WAS
GIUSEPPE MAZZINI

'Chi mi spiega questa storia che Cosa Nostra, la nota mafia siciliana, è stata fondata da Giuseppe Mazzini? or Who explains this story that Cosa Nostra, the famous Sicilian mafia, was founded by Giuseppe Mazzini
EVERY WELL ORGANIZED CRIME SYNDICATE IN THE WORLD HAS CONNECTIONS WITH FREEMASONRY DEVIL WORSHIP HENCE GOVERNMENTS SECRET SOCIETIES AND ORGANIZE CRIME HIGHER UPS ALL WASH EACH OTHERS HANDS

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
Somalis and being organised does NOT go together

1590102157939.gif

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Somalis don't realy go for the standard gangs. We tend to aim for sovereign gangs like politics.

Don't look down upon this, this is just step two. Step three is influence certain bills to further the somali community.

This doesn't happen over night it is a long game many Somalis in different nations are playing.

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
Where is the somali mafia? alshabab? pirates? magafes? moryaans? the whole of somalia is full of mafia.

Uhh... because the Somali IQ is not high enough to have knowledge about how to form an organized crime syndicate. This is why many of those s would rather join street gangs and Islamist terror groups, rather than create their own.
:reallymaury:

Sweden will probably produce a Somali maffia.

Sadly its going towards that way i have noticed that Somalis in my area invite Somalis all over Sweden to discuss shit They are slowly getting organized.
Most Young Somalis here Idolize these xoolos that are getting all the naago and newest clothes.
But one thing i like about the Somali gangs here is that they are heavily involved with familys and Take proud of their somali heritage.They also provide like some kind of "touch a somali here and your f*****" mentality that the dervisch used to have.Proud but also not if you understand..

And then we have Uk...People don`t seem ready for that convo though :kanyeshrug: