Which form of government do you prefer. Presidential republic or Parliamentary democracy?

Which form of government do you prefer. Presidential republic or Parliamentary democracy?

• Presidential republic

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Parliamentary democracy

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Unlisted option (Specify in comments)

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There can't be a democracy in that place. Let everyone run their own city states with a symbolic presidency in Xamar that rotates every 2 years from each of the main and minority clans.

Let us be Switzerland,..... :hmm: but wait who will defend us from the aggression of our neighbours especially our nemesis Ethiopia.

Democracy is a sham. If u guys get the chance read the book Democracy: The God That Failed by Hans-Hermann Hoppe. Somalia needs a one party system that does not allow opposition nor elections.

Parliamentary republic is the only sensible idea. We have many people in Somalia, it's fair that they are represented.

I may be a bit biased because i'm based in the UK, but politics is more interactive with parliamentary systems

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Democracy is a sham. If u guys get the chance read the book Democracy: The God That Failed by Hans-Hermann Hoppe. Somalia needs a one party system that does not allow opposition nor elections.
We need direct democracy at the bottom though in my opinion, similar to China. I believe in the concept of subsidiarity (i.e the principle that a central authority should have a subsidiary function, performing only those tasks which cannot be performed at a more local level). Things such as defence, foreign affairs, development, planning, economic policy etc should be centralized and concentrated at the very top.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
Parliamentary republic is the only sensible idea. We have many people in Somalia, it's fair that they are represented.

I may be a bit biased because i'm based in the UK, but politics is more interactive with parliamentary systems

That's what I'm leaning to. I think the swiss system could work pretty well in Somalia.

A fusion of the Chinese governance system and Iranian system, powerful presidency kept in check by parliament and religious scholars, PM position is going to be abolished and replaced by a standing commitee with all the governmental power going to the president, the committees main goal is to stop goverment sponsored clan transgression and marginalisation, parallel to the goverment will be a head Islamic affairs but unlike Iran his power is lesser than the president and he can be ousted by an majority in parliament and an okay by the commitee, there main work is training of Somali scholars & imams, theological discussion and building of mosques and charity, the training of imams will solely be done in a shafii or Sufi way and they would have ZERO power in the law making process

Status
Not open for further replies.