White girl: "Bosaso, Qardho, Garowe, Galkacyo"

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offence, but why do certain people get excited when cadaan people speak their language or visit their land? What's so special about that nobody?

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
No offence, but why do certain people get excited when cadaan people speak their language or visit their land? What's so special about that nobody?

because of all people on planet earth, it's the cadaan folk that have found increasingly peculiar ways of butchering dialects, names, and cultural practices. so when one of them does shit right, or gets close to it, or visits a place to actually learn something, it's just... nice. they're one step closer to ridding themselves of that superiority complex once and for all.

because of all people on planet earth, it's the cadaan folk that have found increasingly peculiar ways of butchering dialects, names, and cultural practices. so when one of them does shit right, or gets close to it, or visits a place to actually learn something, it's just... nice. they're one step closer to ridding themselves of that superiority complex once and for all.
This is so true. I have no problem saying Giannopoulos, Papageorgiou etc. but they have issues saying Mohamud, Abdullah, Ahmed etc. :O27GWRK:

I really think they do this on purpose.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
white people can pretty much only pronounce names that are closer to them

like zakariya is easy as f*ck obviously, but i've seen some of them legit struggle with liban. they just shorten the a and need adequate reminders on how to get the word out properly. it's like their bodies have built-in mechanisms to reject everything from africa or the middle east. :sheed:

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP

Not cadaan specifically. But any foreigner. It's impressive to see a foreigner speak an obscure language like ours. If I started speaking Azeri Turkish I guarantee you lots of Azeris would tweet me telling me how cool I am. Because they are impressed a foreigner can speat their obscure language with their dialect.

If a Filipino or a Guatemalan sang a Somali song I'd be equally impressed.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP

Im subbed to a white Canadian dude on YouTube who's into languages. His pronunciations of foreign words are exemplary. He once analysed the Arabic language structure and he pronounced words with "cayn" and "kha" and "xa" beautifully. You can tell he's culturally astute.

Most cadaan people are lazy as f*ck to foreign non white names. If I can pronounce Jakub Blaszczykowski without an issue why are they struggling with Farhiya lol.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Im subbed to a white Canadian dude on YouTube who's into languages. His pronunciations of foreign words are exemplary. He once analysed the Arabic language structure and he pronounced words with "cayn" and "kha" and "xa" beautifully. You can tell he's culturally astute.

Most cadaan people are lazy as f*ck to foreign non white names. If I can pronounce Jakub Blaszczykowski without an issue why are they struggling with Farhiya lol.

that's a rare one

my schools got progressively whiter as i grew, until i went to predominantly white school. i shit you not... they refused to get my name right. like it was an adamant refusal.

white canadians are the worst of the worst when it comes to names. and they act innocent about it too. the truth is, they wanna butcher your name until you accept a nickname of sorts so they never have to try with anyone that has a name similar to yours again. it's a wonderful tactic.

the only white kids that get names right, are the ones that go to minority schools. and that's only because it gets beat into them. other than that, they need an actual interest in the culture in question.

i notice quite a few can smoke japanese names and the language itself the fucking weeaboo ass niggas.

Status
Not open for further replies.