Who plans to go back home for good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean you're seriously planning on going back and none of that half hearted "I'll go back in 5 years" but your ass is still here.

I will go back in my 50s. Hopefully attitudes and minds have changed by then and I will take what I have learned over here and apply it over there.

Hubble

VIP
I would go back in a heartbeat if the fighting stopped. There is an air of opportunity in Somalia, there's so much we can do and the country is beautiful beyond compare. The only thing one has to keep in mind is to be innovative so as to avoid being killed by rivals as happened not long ago to a repatriate in Mogadishu.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
I'd go back to retire.

Hopefully attitudes and minds have changed by then. If not then I give up all hope on our people.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
After I make that guap.

I'll be damned if I stay here for the rest of my life.

I don't think it's safe for me to go back. I've heard some of the things that happened to my kind that went back home.
:mjsuitcry:

Majority of the Somali diaspora is going to stay here forever. Every immigrant group before us said the same shit . Just look at the Sijius in places like Kenya,Uganda, Tanzania who are 3rd or 4th generation descendants. I bet they said the same thing many of you here are saying and they were in in shitty third world countries unlike us living in the west.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I will be honest. I don't see myself living in Somalia or even in other parts of Africa for good. My heart is not in it. I plan on living in surburbia with a white picket fence. Sipping iced tea in my pool and going to branch with my girlfriends. I don't mind visiting Somalia here and there but I wouldn't even live there for 6 months. I can't imagine facing the locals everyday. I want people who are into what I'm into. Finer things life, designer brands, expensive restaurants. I want to experience autumn, winter, spring and summer. I also wouldn't mind opening a business in Somalia. I would just hire one of my educated cousins to run it and report things to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.