Why are Benadiri people usually amongst the best at making Somali food?

It’s something I noticed even as a kid. Often times I would walk into a restaurant that serves either savoury or sweet foods and there’s a probable chance that the owner of the shop is a benadiri.

It’s something I noticed even as a kid. Often times I would walk into a restaurant that serves either savoury or sweet foods and there’s a probable chance that the owner of the shop is a benadiri.
that’s like asking why bavarians are so good at making German food or why gurages are so good at making Ethiopian food. the roots of most Somali cookery comes from the urban elite of the koonfur

wonyluvr

Entitled uppity East African
VIP
that’s like asking why bavarians are so good at making German food or why gurages are so good at making Ethiopian food. the roots of most Somali cookery comes from the urban elite of the koonfur
German food is ass though nobody cares about them ain’t nobody asking that shit 😹😹😹

Sorry but I have to disagree

The bariis is always dry at the banadiri restaurants. The food also lacks flavour. Everything is so oily

The xalwo is good though

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Because they are the ones closest to exotic invaders of Somalia. They bring foreign food to otherwise afar and dhir land of fufu

and given italian colonizers brought and pasta and rise- Somalia have only bananas to be proud off., maybe Camel meat and milk