Why are Somali women against polygamy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace mooha

Up and coming sniper.
No thanks. Why would I be in a polygamous marriage when I can find guy that will kiss the ground I walk on? Only when I become fat ugly and insecure with a loose smelly vagina will I share a man. Even then I will have self respect. :mjlol:
You are a real one.:yousmart:

VixR

Veritas
I didn't watch it. I'm not convinced anyone's worth marrying much less a polygamous marriage-ing. My ideal setup would be to live in some quaint, quirky digs of my own, in the metro area of an intellectually engaging city, working in the medical field, doing some good in the world, and hopefully leave something behind to quantify my existence.

VixR

Veritas
In the West, when a man strays, the wife has a hand of sorts to deal in that unless she decides out, the man repents and rarely leaves her. It's a common meme here that a married man won't leave his wife and kids, and most women who mess with them expect and know this to be true. In Islamic societies, the man who strays may not only stray, but suddenly you could end up with so much more than an infidelity, a co-wife without even knowing it, without either of you knowing it. The monogamous marriage you thought you entered morphs into a polygamous one overnight. Unless she explicitly includes it in her contract, the Muslim woman doesn't have that consideration.

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
In the West, when a man strays, the wife has a hand of sorts to deal in that unless she decides out, the man repents and rarely leaves her. It's a common meme here that a married man won't leave his wife and kids, and most women who mess with them expect and know this to be true. In Islamic societies, the man who strays may not only stray, but suddenly you could end up with so much more than an infidelity, a co-wife without even knowing it, without either of you knowing it. The monogamous marriage you thought you entered morphs into a polygamous one overnight. Unless she explicitly includes it in her contract, the Muslim woman doesn't have that consideration.

Tip of advice honey men don't like opiniated women just nod along

VixR

Veritas
Just some friendly advice, take it or leave it.
Like I said, direct your insecurities elsewhere. If I ever decide there isn't enough quiet, mindless nodding in my life, I'll buy a bobblehead figure to place on my desk like a normal person.

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
Like I said, direct your insecurities elsewhere. If I ever decide there isn't enough quiet, mindless nodding in my life, I'll buy a bobblehead figure to place on my desk like a normal person.

Don't complain when you're 35 and wondering why you got no man

VixR

Veritas
giphy.gif

Not about being materialistic it's being REALISTIC... Clearly your stuck on the idea of having your cake and eating it. In islam you can only marry more than one wife if you can PROVIDE for them equally.
Do you want to be my second wife? You'll be provided for as equally as my first.

Status
Not open for further replies.