Why do American Somalis have FOB accents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Atiya

I met one today and he had a fob accent, he told me he was born in the US and he was dissing UK and UK Somalis calling us reer badiyo all the while having a FOB American accent.:browtf:

Noticed all American Somalis I've heard speak have this weird not fully American accent.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
I've noticed that too. @bandit came to America 10 years ago but he swears that Somali Canadians have fob accents. :childplease::chrisfreshhah:

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
I've noticed that too. @bandit came to America 10 years ago but he swears that Somali Canadians have fob accents. :childplease::chrisfreshhah:
11 years ago don't forget the 1 extra year:ufdup:
And they do:umad:
As for hawiye girl maybe the fob is telling the truth ill be honest with you thoe I find the british language to be ugly and disgusting whether you people have somali accent or not:francis:

Last edited:

HalyeeyQaran

Citizen of Southwest State
Somalis in the UK have either adopted the Paki British accent or the ghetto "mandem" accent. I've yet to see a Somali Briton that sounds like David Cameron. It mostly has to do with the fact that the vast majority of them live amongst Asians, Blacks, and other minorities in compact flats that combine the living room and bedroom or crumbling semi-detached houses that were constructed before the Pilgrims arrived on the shores of North America.

compact flats that combine the living room and bedroom or crumbling semi-detached houses that were constructed before the Pilgrims arrived on the shores of North America.
it's not that bad but the area and people you grew with do effect how you speak and act i speak with the so called mandem accent because my school was 70% black. my little brother goes to a cadaan school he speaks proper english like a cadaan person but he can't speak somali at all.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
11 years ago don't forget the 1 extra year:ufdup:
And they do:umad:
As for hawiye girl maybe the fob is telling the truth ill be honest with you thoe I find the british language to be ugly and disgusting whether you people have somali accent or not:francis:

then why are you typing in it...:tacky:

Damn those MPLS public schools. :urgh:

I know Somalis who were born in Minnesota yet their English is terrible. :ftw9nwa:

They can't spell words, their grammar is awful, and they speak as if they arrived in America just a few months ago.

They have African American accents and speak ebonics; atleast the ones I've seen from Ohio. The ones in Washington State sound like white people or Valspeak as they call it despite not living in California

They live in insular communities where they encounter only Somalis. It's not so complicated. Ever wonder why American-Mexicans have Mexican accents despite living in America for generations? The only difference is we Somalis have an inferiority complex about our culture. The more we are able to pass for gaals, the better we are, n'est ce pas?

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
YOUR bloody language is Somali your not english so who the fock cares about accents english wax lagu faano miya cajiib

Status
Not open for further replies.