Why do people stereotype religious people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hafez

VIP
As miserable people? By Allah non-religious people are more miserable than religious people. It's allowed to have fun you know. We laugh, spend time with our friends, engage in activities, etc. we just don't engage in the haraam like drinking alcohol, zinaa, gambling, etc.

Alxamdulilah for Islam.

Yannie

The trouble is, you think you have time
People who have these views tend to think having fun involve drinking, drugs , and sexy time with strangers. So who care what people who have delusion idea of what fun is. In reality these kind of people are empty inside.

Hafez

VIP
@Hafez it's undesirable to laugh. The prophet never laughed. He only smiled. You are not following the Sunnah
It's not "undesirable" to laugh. Only too much (yacni excessive) laughing is makruuh (not even haraam but disliked). The Prophet (SAW) smiled, it's a sunnahs to smile. That doesn't make it haraam to laugh does it? All of his companions laughed.

It's not "undesirable" to laugh. Only too much (yacni excessive) laughing is makruuh (not even haraam but disliked). The Prophet (SAW) smiled, it's a sunnahs to smile. That doesn't make it haraam to laugh does it? All of his companions laughed.

He never laughed. Are you following him or are you following his companions?

Stop laughing

Hafez

VIP
He never laughed. Are you following him or are you following his companions?

Stop laughing
If the Prophet (SAW) never done something, it doesn't make it haraam. He never prohibited laughing. The Prophet (SAW) for example once refused to eat a lizard but a companion of his called Khalid ibn Walid went ahead with consuming it. The Prophet (SAW) had personal preferences. I'm pretty sure the companions (RA) who are better than me wouldn't have laughed had it been haraam. Stop trolling you fool.

If the Prophet (SAW) never done something, it doesn't mean it's haraam. He never prohibited it. The Prophet (SAW) for example once refused to eat a lizard but a companion of his called Khalid ibn Walid went ahead with consuming it. The Prophet (SAW) had personal preferences. I'm pretty sure the companions wouldn't have laughed had it been haraam. Stop trolling you fool.

You have to follow whatever the Prophet did. If he didn't do it, you avoid it.

I didn't say it was haram. I said you're not following the Sunnah. No one can ever look up to you as a model Muslim.

Hafez

VIP
You have to follow whatever the Prophet did. If he didn't do it, you avoid it.

I didn't say it was haram. I said you're not following the Sunnah. No one can ever look up to you as a model Muslim.
I am following the Sunnah though? How can one laugh without smiling? Smiling is sunnah. Laughing (although I do it rarely) isn't haraam. Troll.

Hafez

VIP
Jabir ibn Samurah narrated:

Simak ibn Harb asked Jabir ibn Samurah, "Did you sit in the company of the Messenger of Allah?" He said: Yes, very often. He (the Prophet) used to sit at the place where he observed the morning or dawn prayer till the sun rose or when it had risen; he would stand, and they (his Companions) would talk about matters (pertaining to the days) of ignorance, and they would laugh (on these matters) while (the Prophet) only smiled.

— Sahih Muslim, Book 4:1413.

Hafez

VIP
He didn't laugh. Follow him by not laughing.
The Prophet (SAW) didn't eat lizards either. Does that mean it's Sunnahs to not eat lizards? No. It was his (SAW) personal preference. I am following the Sunnah by smiling. It's not a Sunnah to refrain from laughing.

The Prophet (SAW) didn't eat lizards either. Does that mean it's Sunnahs to not eat lizards? No. It was his (SAW) personal preference. I am following the Sunnah by smiling. It's not a Sunnah to refrain from laughing.

Sunnah means you follow exactly what the prophet did or did not do. Yes or no.

I am not saying it's haram but Muslims should follow everything he did. Yes or no.

You are doing the bare minimum in Islam.

Hafez

VIP
Sunnah means you follow exactly what the prophet did or did not do. Yes or no.

I am not saying it's haram but Muslims should follow everything he did. Yes or no.

You are doing the bare minimum in Islam.
Sunnah means a particular path or example. But there's Sunnah that you're rewarded for (this is something that is ruled to be a sunnah in fiqh) and Sunnah that you're not rewarded for (this is when you're using the general meaning of the term). The Sahaba (RA) were the best people after the Prophets (AS). Trust me, they were not doing the bare minimum you troll.

Sunnah means a particular path or example. But there's Sunnah that you're rewarded for (this is something that is ruled to be a sunnah in fiqh) and Sunnah that you're not rewarded for (this is when you're using the general meaning of the term). The Sahaba (RA) were the best people after the Prophets (AS). Trust me, they were not doing the bare minimum you troll.

But you have the opportunity to follow the prophet? Why don't you follow him exactly? Islam is not only a religion but a way of life; the way of life of the Prophet.

Its not hard to not laugh. Why don't you do it?

Hmm. So you're rejecting a very easy thing you can do that the prophet did. You could have gotten good deeds for it.

Unfortunate

Hafez

VIP
But you have the opportunity to follow the prophet? Why don't you follow him exactly? Islam is not only a religion but a way of life; the way of life of the Prophet.

Its not hard to not laugh. Why don't you do it?

Hmm. So you're rejecting a very easy thing you can do that the prophet did. You could have gotten good deeds for it.

Unfortunate
I wouldn't get good deeds for refraining from laughing you nacas. This is not something that's ruled to be a Sunnah in fiqh. You're failing man.

@Hafez I have a question about the topic of Sunnah. Do you agree we need to separate out the culture from the religious ideology?

The Prophet Muhammad was not only a prophet in the religious sense. he was a man, an Arab Qureishi , and a 7th century person, was he not. So shouldn't the Sunnah (way) of the prophet be informed by all of these considerations. Maybe the Prophet licked his fingers after eating his favorite Arabian food (honey, meat and wild birds). For example had he been Chinese man that would be chopsticks and chow mein, and he would not have licked his fingers. Had he been French it would have been a knife and fork with a croissant, had he been Ethiopian it would have been ingera and Wot. None of this is an aspect of the faith, but a cultural trend, which is inescapable

But the Islamic etiquettes of eating and leaving space for breathing however are acultural, and applicable independent of peoples culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.