Why do somali men hold hands in Somalia...?

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
I was so shocked to see them holding hands when I went to muqdisho :dead: and it’s not even young kids or even teenagers it’s grown men like what???:mjlol:

My cousin did that gay sh*t but I didn’t want to seem disrespectful so I just went along with it.

I made sure to avoid him at all cost after that.

it seems gay to us cuz we’re in the west. it’s not even gay it’s friendship, it’s like saying u giving ur friend a hug is gay.
we live in the west so i wouldn’t count on us to see what’s gay or not 😂

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
How is it xishood to hold your spouses hand? All Muslim couples do it except Somalis. It’s weird.
Im not saying it’s xishood I don’t see anything wrong with it nor is it haram. It’s just been ingrained in somali culture and they see it as shameful or something not to be publicized. It’s so funny cause they have so many kids like we know what you get up to :pachah1:

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
it seems gay to us cuz we’re in the west. it’s not even gay it’s friendship, it’s like saying u giving ur friend a hug is gay.
we live in the west so i wouldn’t count on us to see what’s gay or not 😂
True it was just kinda new to me :mjlol: like grown ass men

Im not saying it’s xishood I don’t see anything wrong with it nor is it haram. It’s just been ingrained in somali culture and they see it as shameful or something not to be publicized. It’s so funny cause they have so many kids like we know what you get up to :pachah1:
I understand the older generation. But the younger ones do this too.

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
I love the people back home. Their so free in everything they do. We live in a gay society here where it's okay for two men to adopt a baby. Everything we do is judged and looked at. Dudes here say no homo while on the low but fellas back home hold hands and will still be a homophobe. Theres nothing wrong with it. We've been taught only homos do that and it's that same westernized mindset where assimilation really begins.

Personally I'm a product of my environment therefore I wont ever accept another man holding my hand but if I'm in Somalia and I see two guys holding pinkys its finna be just another ordinary day for me :manny:

Trending