Why do somali mothers hide their pregnancy from their kids ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop generalizing. Some Somali parents value sex education and don't mind answering their children curious questions. I have a great relationship with my mother (alhamdulilah) and could ask her everything and she would answer as good as she could.

Young children generally don't understand the concept of sex, and usually make up their own assumptions of how a child is created.
Barni i bet your mother was educated with a degree but most of the somali parents have minimum to no education

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
The most important thing the kids must learn is the sex abuse, once they are in kindergarten explain to them Nobody Should touch their body(show them the front and back area) ask them daily for the first year did somebody touch them in that areas? Serious it is important not only in schools but with relatives and private tutors.

Yes. I think conservative parents that don't teach their kids these things think they are protecting them when in reality they're not. Being able to communicate with your child is incredibly important. I could save your child.

Not just that. Somalis fear others opinion and therefor don't do any thinking of their own. Anything that goes against the common Somali belief is kufar. We can see the evidence here on SomaliSpot.
Thats slowly changing as more and more Somalis grow up in the west.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Only white people do that nonsense

"Hey Patrick, Mommy is going to have a baby. You're going to have a little sister soon. Isn't that exciting?"

Preparing the child for another edition to the family is great. You don't wanna startle them and perhaps make them feel jealous and have animosity towards their new sibling.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Thats slowly changing as more and more Somalis grow up in the west.

No I don't think so. That was a dream parents that fled the civil war had. Sure there's a small minority that have these beliefs but I get the feeling that most of the young diaspora are even more conservative, religious and backwards than their parents.

Only white people do that nonsense

"Hey Patrick, Mommy is going to have a baby. You're going to have a little sister soon. Isn't that exciting?"
Atleast i would'v had a better relationships with my siblings if I knew we shared a womb instead I thought of them as invaders from the hospital

I think its not our place to get involved in adult business and some Somali Mothers maybe don't want to get the hope up for their children in case something would happen with the pregnancy,besides you will find out eventually that She's preggo
Your answers are always dissappointing for man

lol same here. But then i thought about the fact the kids look like thier dad too, so i came up with a new theory

go on

200.gif

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
If it bothers you so much then just put me on ignore.

I like you!

I'm in the wrong

I'm sorry..

Your a little maskiin girl

Adeer I'm sorry

I'm a bully sometimes

But I'm a good hearted person deep

Alla dhamaanteyn ha na hadeeyo

I'm the last person to shame someone bc evidently im the father of "ma kugu aasaa "

Status
Not open for further replies.