Why do Somalis call Afars as Anfar?

Why do Somalis call Afars as Anfar?
Good question, I'll give you the answer later.

but look at these examples :

In the Somali language, south is ( Koonfur ) with the letter n,
and in Somali also south is ( Koofur ) without the letter n .

In Hebrew, the pronoun "you" is ( ataa , אתה, أتا ) without the letter n ,
Also in Somali, the pronoun "you" is ( adi أدي ) without the letter n ,
Also in Afar language the pronoun "you" is ( atu أتو ) without the letter n ,
but in Arabic, the pronoun "you" is ( anta أنت ) with the letter n .

Last edited:
yes they're directly across from Yemen so of course they would have highest southern Arabian out of all East Cushite.

Afar are very similar to somali, the only key difference is height kkkk
My great grandfather was from the province right next to canfar, Ali sabieh.
Are the Afars taller than Somalis I’ve never met one

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
Cultural reasons and Sahos mostly settle with Tigre, Jabertis and Bilen
Bilen almost exclusively live in Keren and the surrounding areas which are quite removed from the Saho. Jeberti also mostly live in the urban areas of Seraye (whereas the Saho primarily live in Akele Guzay)

Saho mostly live alongside the Kebessa of Akele Guzay and the Tigre (and few Afars) of Semhar

They have small population in London. A number of them came through Saudi, so they have a lot of Arabic speakers. Many of them could pass as Somalis. They don’t have that stereotypical habash long distance runner look which other Eritreans have.

I want to an event with them once and one of them asked which qabil I was from Saho. When I said I am Somali, they all said “same people”.🤣

this reminds me when I overheard some folks speaking what I thought was Somali, I went up to them and ask them something in Somali, they were like nah we Oromo; walaahi I told them stop playing games lmao

war dadkaan waa isku egnahay walee

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
this reminds me when I overheard some folks speaking what I thought was Somali, I went up to them and ask them something in Somali, they were like nah we Oromo; walaahi I told them stop playing games lmao

war dadkaan waa isku egnahay walee
I live near some oromo this happened too many times. I always go to this shop owned by some Muslim oromo and it doesn't help that most the Somali in my area shop there. So I always thought the people there were Somali.

You know that Hebrew is a revived language that has recently borrowed 40 percent from Arabic to make that language

40 percent, oh my God.
No, no, haha, you are wrong brother, not 40 percent, but let's make it 90 percent, haha, if that makes you happy and satisfied.

What you wrote is nonsense.

I challenge you to find the source that supports your meaningless response.

You are stupid if you think that the word ( khaziir חזיר خزير ) is a modern Hebrew word borrowed from Arabic .

40 percent, oh my God.
No, no, haha, you are wrong brother, not 40 percent, but let's make it 90 percent, haha, if that makes you happy and satisfied.

What you wrote is nonsense.

I challenge you to find the source that supports your meaningless response.

You are stupid if you think that the word ( khaziir חזיר خزير ) is a modern Hebrew word borrowed from Arabic .
Was a a dead language that they had to use Arabic to revive, still doesn’t even sound Semitic, sounds like it comes from the villages of Eastern Europe

Was a a dead language that they had to use Arabic to revive, still doesn’t even sound Semitic, sounds like it comes from the villages of Eastern Europ
This is what you said:
" You know that Hebrew is a revived language that has recently borrowed 40 percent from Arabic to make that language " .

The Hebrew language was not a dead or extinct language like the ancient Egyptian language.
The Hebrew language was used in religious rituals, prayers, and the reading and study of the Torah.

When they revived the modern Hebrew language, they used some colloquial/roots Arabic words.
But you claimed that the Hebrew language derives 40 percent of its words from the Arabic language.
This is a false and unrealistic claim.

I'm still waiting for the source of this outrageous claim, and guess what you won't find a source because you made it up.

You know that Hebrew is a revived language that has recently borrowed 40 percent from Arabic to make that language

When Israelis began to revive the Hebrew language, modernize it, and bring it back to the contemporary era, they took it from ancient Hebrew religious books.
They created new Hebrew words from existing Hebrew words/roots using Arabic linguistic logic/mentality.

For example :

( Balad بلد ) is an Arabic word meaning ( city ) ,
and from this word the Arabs derived/coined a contemporary word ( baladiya بلديا /بلدية ) meaning ( municipality ) .

So the Israelis following and using Arabic linguistic
logic/mentality derived/coined
a new word ( ciiriya עיריה عيريا) meaning ( municipality )
from the existing Hebrew word ( ciir עיר عير) meaning ( city ) .