Why do the Somali have such thin bodies and large foreheads?

Internet Nomad

✪͓̽W͓͓̽̽i͓͓̽̽n͓͓̽̽t͓͓̽̽e͓͓̽̽r͓̽ ͓̽A͓͓̽̽r͓͓̽̽c͓̽✪͓̽
That's just malnutrition, If you get good nutrition and work out in your teens you won't be skinny, I have to actively work out and restrict myself from gaining weight, the only benefit being that I put on muscle quite easily.
Thats true for you personally but what i am talking about is the statistical average build is skinny and long due to the climate.

The head shape is due to diet not genetics
The old school pastoralists had too much of a reliance on milk based diet which caused them to have malnutrition. The younger generation have weaker jaws because they don’t exercise that bone because of soft foods.

That's just malnutrition, If you get good nutrition and work out in your teens you won't be skinny, I have to actively work out and restrict myself from gaining weight, the only benefit being that I put on muscle quite easily.
its more than that. almost anyone can get pretty ripped with enough exercise ofc but we are just very heat adapted people with longer and generally thinner limbs to expel heat. other races generally arent as thin as us. and when i say us i dont mean just us somalis i also mean other east africans as well sahelians too. being of a more ectomorphic race isnt something to be shy about. and with exercise it tends to look better.

Non african groups simply have a significantly shorter time period of existence in this environment, when their caveman ancestors left africa there was firstly a severe bottleneck event so a lot of genetic traits dropped in freqency dramatically this in itself is huge. but in addition to this their ancestors were put into new environments so there was less of a selective force pushing them toward ecomorphism or even selective forces pushing towards stockier builds such as in the case of native americans who descended from tundra dwelling people. then their descendants migrated back into these hot desert-like environments. its not like they will be free of their genetic history and gain all the features back immediately. if we gave the sonoran desert native americans an additional 10-20k years and they remained in that hot desert theres a good chance theyd turn more ectomorphic.

for us horners you might be confused as to why we are mixed with non africans but just as ectomorphic as a South Sudanese. this is probably due to selection being far easier when the desirable traits are wide spread such as would be the case when mixing. the natufian stockiness was just highly undesirable

Internet Nomad

✪͓̽W͓͓̽̽i͓͓̽̽n͓͓̽̽t͓͓̽̽e͓͓̽̽r͓̽ ͓̽A͓͓̽̽r͓͓̽̽c͓̽✪͓̽
In the case of Habeshas, their additional Arabian dna probably overrode those Nilotic-like features present in Somalis
The significant mixing between yemenis and Habeshas made them so short

>have thin frame and big forehead
>"Oh well at least I'm tall like most fara-"
>5'10

133px-Its_over_chudjak.png

Yhe
its more than that. almost anyone can get pretty ripped with enough exercise ofc but we are just very heat adapted people with longer and generally thinner limbs to expel heat. other races generally arent as thin as us. and when i say us i dont mean just us somalis i also mean other east africans as well sahelians too. being of a more ectomorphic race isnt something to be shy about. and with exercise it tends to look better.

Non african groups simply have a significantly shorter time period of existence in this environment, when their caveman ancestors left africa there was firstly a severe bottleneck event so a lot of genetic traits dropped in freqency dramatically this in itself is huge. but in addition to this their ancestors were put into new environments so there was less of a selective force pushing them toward ecomorphism or even selective forces pushing towards stockier builds such as in the case of native americans who descended from tundra dwelling people. then their descendants migrated back into these hot desert-like environments. its not like they will be free of their genetic history and gain all the features back immediately. if we gave the sonoran desert native americans an additional 10-20k years and they remained in that hot desert theres a good chance theyd turn more ectomorphic.

for us horners you might be confused as to why we are mixed with non africans but just as ectomorphic as a South Sudanese. this is probably due to selection being far easier when the desirable traits are wide spread such as would be the case when mixing. the natufian stockiness was just highly undesirable
The mix of Proto-Nilotic and Levant Natufian did us no favor

Nin123

Hunted
VIP
(Continuation…)
In their writings on “Elongated Africans" Hiernaux and Baker didn’t even attempt to explain why desert environments would produce large foreheads in, say, Somalis. But I know of a condition induced by milk consumption which can swell the size of the forehead: the Bahima disease.
In their writings on “Elongated Africans Hiernaux and Baker didn’t even attempt to explain why desert environments would produce large foreheads in, say, Somalis. But I know of a condition induced by milk consumption which can swell the size of the forehead: the Bahima disease.

In 1962 British doctors in Uganda made note of a number of young patients who had arrived in recent months with swollen foreheads and iron deficiency. The children were all part of the same minority group: the Bahima, close relatives of the Tutsi.
In 1962 British doctors in Uganda made note of  a number of young patients who had arrived in recent months with swollen foreheads and iron deficiency. The children were all part of the same minority group: the Bahima, close relatives of the Tutsi.

In 1962 British doctors in Uganda made note of  a number of young patients who had arrived in recent months with swollen foreheads and iron deficiency. The children were all part of the same minority group: the Bahima, close relatives of the Tutsi.

The large foreheads were produced through overproduction of red blood cells in the marrow of the skull. Ruling out malaria or sickle cell disease, the researchers concluded that this iron deficiency came about through excessive drinking of cow’s milk early in life.
The large foreheads were produced through overproduction of red blood cells in the marrow of the skull. Ruling out malaria or sickle cell disease, the researchers concluded that this iron deficiency came about through excessive drinking of cow’s milk early in life.

Cow's milk can produce anemia not only because it is low in iron, but because its calcium actively interferes with iron metabolism. The addition of milk or cheese to common meals is enough to reduce iron absorption by 50-60%.
Cow's milk can produce anemia not only because it is low in iron, but because its calcium actively interferes with iron metabolism. The addition of milk or cheese to common meals is enough to reduce iron absorption by 50-60%. 's milk can produce anemia not only because it is low in iron, but because its calcium actively interferes with iron metabolism. The addition of milk or cheese to common meals is enough to reduce iron absorption by 50-60%.

Milk anemia was so common among the Bahima that their healers had a standard practice to treat it: they branded circular scars on the head. It may have been common elsewhere: I have seen images of Fulani and Rendille that have the same tower shaped skulls described in the paper.
Milk anemia was so common among the Bahima that their healers had a standard practice to treat it: they branded circular scars on the head. It may have been common elsewhere: I have seen images of Fulani and Rendille that have the same tower shaped skulls described in the paper.

The authors of the Bahima paper speculated that perhaps this early anemia is related to the ethnic qualities of Tutsi skulls, as though they all suffer from a mild form of the disease. I think though that, being common, natural selection has come to expect it, to fix it in place.
The authors of the Bahima paper speculated that perhaps this early anemia is related to the ethnic qualities of Tutsi skulls, as though they all suffer from a mild form of the disease. I think though that, being common, natural selection has come to expect it, to fix it in place.

Moreover, the persistence of anemia throughout the lifespan would help to explain the gaunt, “Somali” physique as a body type designed, not to survive desert heat, but to function on a bare minimum of iron.
Moreover, the persistence of anemia throughout the lifespan would help to explain the gaunt, “Somali” physique as a body type designed, not to survive desert heat, but to function on a bare minimum of iron.

Some researchers write about milk anemia as though it were a disease only suffered by children, because they reason that only at a young age can cow’s milk be so important in the diet. But among the Tutsi milk could represent >50% of dietary calories even in adulthood.
Some researchers write about milk anemia as though it were a disease only suffered by children, because they reason that only at a young age can cow’s milk be so important in the diet. But among the Tutsi milk could represent >50% of dietary calories even in adulthood.

But even that is not much compared to what you see in Somalia. There were once nomads in that country who would subsist_entirely_ upon camel’s milk, 5 liters worth a day, something I didn’t think was possible.
But even that is not much compared to what you see in Somalia. There were once nomads in that country who would subsist_entirely_ upon camel’s milk, 5 liters worth a day, something I didn’t think was possible.

There are Somali minorities in Ethiopia and Kenya and in both places they are distinguished by their high anemia rates. The Somali region of Kenya was once unique in that blood disorders like anemia were the leading cause of death
There are Somali minorities in Ethiopia and Kenya and in both places they are distinguished by their high anemia rates. The Somali region of Kenya was once unique in that blood disorders like anemia were the leading cause of death

If iron deficiency is such a problem, you might ask why the Somali didn’t just evolve higher iron stores. The issue is that higher iron is closely associated with malaria infections, so much so that some doctors feel that giving iron tablets to the anemic hurts more than it helps
If iron deficiency is such a problem, you might ask why the Somali didn’t just evolve higher iron stores. The issue is that higher iron is closely associated with malaria infections, so much so that some doctors feel that giving iron tablets to the anemic hurts more than it helps

5,000 kms to the west, the milk drinking Fulani show the same distinct mortality pattern as the Somali. Compared to their immediate farmer neighbors like the Dogon they have much higher rates of anemia, but lower susceptibility to malaria.
5,000 kms to the west, the milk drinking Fulani show the same distinct mortality pattern as the Somali. Compared to their immediate farmer neighbors like the Dogon they have much higher rates of anemia, but lower susceptibility to malaria.

When heavy milk consumption co-exists with malaria the result of selection is a thin body type. Because iron levels remain low, we could call this “acquiescence”. When the same diet is consumed in non-malarial areas the result is “adaptation”: iron overload, hemochromatosis.
(To be Continued)
What about the niggas who born in the west and still have big forehead? Big forehead is actually beautiful and nothing wrong with it.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
What about the niggas who born in the west and still have big forehead? Big forehead is actually beautiful and nothing wrong with it.
Only beautiful if you have good facial thirds, facial harmony or bone structure since it draws the attention away from your 8 head.