Why does somalia have no subway or railways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats true but will be hard to build underground in places like Shingaani and Xamar Weyne.

If we had light rail on the boulevards that link to efficient bus services in the suburbs, Xamar would be set transport-wise.

The only issue is the bajaaj drivers becoming unemployed and might turn to AS.
Sxb nothing is hard! North Korea has only double our GDP and they get on with things. The ppl starve but they keep building infrastructure, proving that it can be done if the right budget is allocated to useful infrastructure. For our government to be this broke with our resources is poor governance.

The old Italian invaders built a railway system that was designed to transport raw materials that were extracted in-land to the coastal ports for shipping to Italy & elsewhere.

Sxb nothing is hard! North Korea has only double our GDP and they get on with things. The ppl starve but they keep building infrastructure, proving that it can be done if the right budget is allocated to useful infrastructure. For our government to be this broke with our resources is poor governance.

We do not need heavy rail.

Light rail is the future wallahi.

We do not need heavy rail.

Light rail is the future wallahi.
I'm just saying any rail will do. Even if the majority are unemployed for a fair few money can be made from locals that need to travel from region to region. You do realise that whent eh drought happened the nomads living in rural areas died because they couldn't travel quickly to reach water. Imagine if we had a rail system that could travel 1hr tops to the next city so that they could buy water. Many lives can be save by developing good infrastructure.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
British caused a lot of destruction against Somalia.

Apparently, the Italians built the largest salt factory in the world in Ras Hafun until the British destroyed it.

Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafun_Salt_Factory

You know about this @GBTarmy @Crow?
I know about it but it was built by Europeans and destroyed by Europeans. I feel that we have no right to be mad about that.
:francis:
How were they able to build this thousands of kilometres away from their homeland in an age with no internet or technology? The Italians were the anus of Europe and we still haven't reached where they were 100 years ago.
:ohlord:
Even further west, the French built a railway connecting Djibouti to Addis Ababa a century ago and we were using it up until the new Chinese railway became operational in 2017.
:faysalwtf:
We need to take a hard look at ourselves. I know that we can build these things. We just have to actually try.

Tukraq

VIP
I think railroads are outdated and overrated, we don't use them in the us
and instead transport with trucks which many somalis in the diaspora are already adapted to.
we should work more on building better roads and highways.

Status
Not open for further replies.