Why don't Somali men wear shorts in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
It's summer time and lots of men of all races wear nice fitting shorts except Somali men. Why is it seen as ceeb for nin weym to wear shorts?

I wear shots and get side eyed by maryooleys

I wore these today

10840139-large.jpeg

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
:ftw9nwa: :yloezpe: I was once roasted by a Somali guy for wearing shorts. Said something like: That's an Italian thing or something.

Bielsa

VIP
:ftw9nwa: :yloezpe: I was once roasted by a Somali guy for wearing shorts. Said something like: That's an Italian thing or something.

Dude, I was once roasted by islaan Somali for wearing shorts. She said "ma nin cadaan baa ku soo koriyey?"

:mjsuitcry:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I was wearing shorts that was above my knees and some oday asked me why Im wearing underwear :comeon:

Bohol

VIP
It is better to cover the chicken legs. Shorts is for playing sports like football, not a casual thing to walk around in the suuq
in Somali society though..

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I am at most comfortable wearing my shorts and Jesus sandals with my ashy legs. However, I got a lot of backlash by my family members. Now we've came to a treaty whereas I will wear to everywhere else except Somali malls and gatherings.

angrycat

not so sad after all
it's considered childish. I believe this because I heard someone say about cadaan people ilmo iska weenadeen weye, ayaka oo ilma dhaleen bey dhabogaab bananka la so baxayaan

Bielsa

VIP
I am at most comfortable wearing my shorts and Jesus sandals with my ashy legs. However, I got a lot of backlash by my family members. Now we've came to a treaty whereas I will wear to everywhere else except Somali malls and gatherings.

I love my Jesus sandals. I'm comfortable with my legs. If Becky is comfortable wearing a tiny top with her love handles and fat thighs, and John is comfortable wearing a garan with his big calool then we should be cool with our legs too.

DeMoN

UltraViolentPacifist
who are these people you're talking about?

I walk around with pair of speedos and no one bats an eye :damedamn:

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I love my Jesus sandals. I'm comfortable with my legs. If Becky is comfortable wearing a tiny top with her love handles and fat thighs, and John is comfortable wearing a garan with his big calool then we should be cool with our legs too.

My legs are, incredibly for a Somali , decently sized. They don't look pasta legs.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
What kind of Somalis are you guys around? In MN during the summer most guys wear shorts and nobody says anything to them. Infact you will see some Somali dads with their kids wearing shorts. European Somalis are something else loool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending