Why don't Somali men wear shorts in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Why dont cadaans wear qamiis?

Dude we have a culture and dress code is part of it, expect to be given looks if you venture out the norm

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
That reminded me when back in 2008 I came to dugsi in basketball shorts nikka tried to hit me with a whip:stopit:
I grab that shit in mid air and told him not today:ufdup:
Then he goes on crazy rant and tells me to leave:what1:
I told him f*ck you and bounced that day I walked from the 24 to my house my nikka at 24 warned me not to walk through the native neighborhood but I told him f*ck it:kanyeshrug: I walked through the native neighborhood like no one can touch me:wow:
Those were the days:wow:

Khathead

tfw no habesha gf
It's not seen as a good thing. I remember packing my clothes for my travel to Somalia, my father told me to not take my 3 pairs of shorts with me. Was quite mad since I knew it would be hot af, and wearing jeans 24/7 would be annoying.

Then I go to Somalia and see dudes serving tea with no shirts on...
:drakewtf:

Diaspora here usually wears shorts. At least from what I have seen

I got chewed out for wearing shorts by one religious eedo. She told to stop wearing things that I couldn't pray in. They were clearly lower than my knee's. So i would religious reasons is why most Somali's get uppity about it since you might not be able to pray in them.

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
Men with shorts though :lawd:

I don't know where you guys live but I see somali guys with shorts all the time.

I have just never felt comfortable wearing shorts unless I am swimming or something. I don't see a problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.