Why is it fine and even a trend to mock Somali features?

Same features cadaans have e.g wide forehead. They are known for it and sometimes even rock their forehead, yet not a peep, yet if a Somali embraces his or her forehead he or she would be met with slander as if it's their fault they have wide foreheads. It's weird how there is so much vitrol against Somalis these days innocently uploading their pics without their being so much hate and aggressive comments left. Like people actually think we have one look that the world knows (let me not mention his name) and any Somali that doesn't fit into that bracket can not be Somali. Even generic somali men and women who has the typical phenotype are getting flamed in the comment section even seeing cadaan men saying "you cannot be somali no way" Irs kinda weird we can't be Somali in peace without ajanbis putting their two vile cents on the way we look. That's one of the reasons I deleted social media too much hate will ruin your mood.

Last edited:

Idilinaa

(Graduated)
All your posts and threads are you crying about this. Give it a rest, no one is effected by it , no one cares

If you have a big forehead learn to live with it. Afar iyo labatan sac features this and that , like it's going to pay your bills.

Your job application resume or friendship/marriage credentials is not going to have features and your forehead size measurement listed as a criteria. At the day of judgement , God is not going to ask you about your ''Somali features'' either. It is not important.

Last edited:
It's your life, go right ahead talk about it, i am not stopping you. Just sharing what i think
This is a forum where you share how you feel about things. If you sensitive to what I say, why comment or view? it makes no sense. It's like some of you like to put your two cents in that's completely irrelevant to the thread just to feel Almighty.

Idilinaa

(Graduated)
This is a forum where you share how you feel about things. If you sensitive to what I say, why comment or view? it makes no sense. It's like some of you like to put your two cents in that's completely irrelevant to the thread just to feel Almighty.

If it bothers you that much , you should just leave it be. Lamenting about it is not going to change anything and i am sure there are other people out there that share your insecurities about forehead iyo waxas camal but they are not spending their days obsessively thinking about it.

Just my advice.

If it bothers you that much , you should just leave it be. Lamenting about it is not going to change anything and i am sure there are other people out there that share your insecurities about forehead iyo waxas camal but they are not spending their days obsessively thinking about it.

Just my advice.
I don't obsessively talk about it. In fact the last time I made threads to do with insecurities was like all the way back in the summer. I didn't have social media but was just reflecting on double standards to beauty.

Idilinaa

(Graduated)
I don't obsessively talk about it. In fact the last time I made threads to do with insecurities was like all the way back in the summer. I didn't have social media but was just reflecting on double standards to beauty.

For the past week are two that's all i have seen you rant about. I looked past most of it coz it really don't interest me.

But how are people on this forum going to solve this forehead problem you are afflicted with? i don't really get it

I can comfort you by telling you that you are beautiful and there are many people out there that wouldn't mind it, i have seen people even compliment Rihanna about her high forehead and it doesn't seem to make her less beautiful in the eyes of the masses, so beauty is subjective what one might find beautiful, someone else might not. It's not really something to get bent out of shape about.

For the past week are two that's all i have seen you rant about. I looked past most of it coz it really don't interest me.

But how are people on this forum going to solve this forehead problem you are afflicted with? i don't really get it

I can comfort you by telling you that you are beautiful and there are many people out there that wouldn't mind it, i have seen people even compliment Rihanna about her high forehead and it doesn't seem to make her less beautiful in the eyes of the masses, so beauty is subjective what one might find beautiful, someone else might not. It's not really something to get bent out of shape about.
Yh but that's me commenting on a post not me making a thread about it... And I'm talking about double standards I'm not talking about Somalis should have surgery to reduce their forehead size. That's the thing a Somali cannot embrace their forehead without some loser commenting something shady or attach it with negativity. Rihanna gets away with it because she's an island girl who's from a multigenerational background.

TekNiKo

Loyal To The One True King of The Seven Realms
VIP
No wonder you can’t find a husband you seem so insecure about petty online comments.

No wonder you can’t find a husband you seem so insecure about petty online comments.
Exhibit 1. A sore loser who's pushing 50, gossip and degrade Somali women, can't be bothered to look after his wife and children. can we all laugh together
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

All your posts and threads are you crying about this. Give it a rest, no one is effected by it , no one cares

If you have a big forehead learn to live with it. Afar iyo labatan sac features this and that , like it's going to pay your bills.

Your job application resume or friendship/marriage credentials is not going to have features and your forehead size measurement listed as a criteria. At the day of judgement , God is not going to ask you about your ''Somali features'' either. It is not important.
The advice you are giving @pinkyandthebrain is coming from a place of condescension and arrogance and here is why....

For one this is not a job application, nor is this a matrimonial site and if you have not noticed we are currently not at the day of judgement.

This is Somalispot (an apt place for this topic) and if Pinkyandthebrain feels the need to share her experience regarding issues she believes have an affect on her due to her ethnicity, then who are you exactly to object?

Just move to the next topic with your self righteous smart ass self my friend.

Tbh it starting to effect everyone even irl my friends have brung up the diddy is Somali thing and a lot of of stuff ppl thought were just on the internet

Idilinaa

(Graduated)
Yh but that's me commenting on a post not me making a thread about it... And I'm talking about double standards I'm not talking about Somalis should have surgery to reduce their forehead size. That's the thing a Somali cannot embrace their forehead without some loser commenting something shady or attach it with negativity. Rihanna gets away with it because she's an island girl who's from a multigenerational background.

If someone insults you for your nose, forehead skin colour whatever it is , it only has power if you let it.

Rihanna has been plenty times insulted for it and there are memes of her floating about , applying her lyrics to her forehead even. I have seen similar memes about other ethnic groups like i shared in another thread.
artworks-000049650559-eb35cr-t1080x1080.jpg

But she and others don't let it affect them, doesn't let it affect her, she goes on with her life and her music career. You should do the same.

The advice you are giving @pinkyandthebrain is coming from a place of condesension and arrogance and here is why....

For one this is not a job application, nor is this a matrimonial site and if you have not noticed we are currently not at the day of judgement.

This is Somalispot (an apt place for this topic) and if Pinkyandthebrain feels the need to share her experience regarding issues she believes have an affect on her due to her ethnicity, then who are you exactly to object?

Just move to the next topic with your self righteous smart ass self my friend.
Thanks. People that hate my post need to stop looking for attention and stay mute.

Tbh it starting to effect everyone even irl my friends have brung up the diddy is Somali thing and a lot of of stuff ppl thought were just on the internet
Exactly this is clearly affecting my friend and sisters. Even my middle sister is getting a fake fringe since social media put a choke on her. It's sad.

If someone insults you for your nose, forehead skin colour whatever it is , it only has power if you let it.

Rihanna has been plenty times insulted for it and there are memes of her floating about , applying her lyrics to her forehead even. I have seen similar memes about other ethnic groups like i shared in another thread.
artworks-000049650559-eb35cr-t1080x1080.jpg

But she and others don't let it affect them, doesn't let it affect her, she goes on with her life and her music career. You should do the same.
People ain't applying to her ETHNICITY tho. With Somalis they are mocking along with our ETHNICITY.

Idilinaa

(Graduated)

Looool reminds me of my friend that asked me if Asap Rcoky's was Somali. There is like a clip of him on the web playing along.

Not a big deal

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts