Why is it fine and even a trend to mock Somali features?

Idilinaa

(Graduated)
It doesn't remind you of harmless Jokes your clearly coping from reality. You know damn well these hateful somali "jokes" are nowhere near harmless.
People ain't applying to her ETHNICITY tho. With Somalis they are mocking along with our ETHNICITY.

They are mocking people of various ethnicities, nationalitie religious groups, on the social webs, it's hard to get a track on.

Same thing applies to what i said, mockery/insults only has power if you let it. If you don't see yourself in those insults , pay it no mind and project a different image, go about your life.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Just do forehead massages to make your forehead smaller or get surgery. It can be fixed.

They are mocking people of various ethnicities, nationalitie religious groups, on the social webs, it's hard to get a track on.

Same thing applies to what i said, mockery/insults only has power if you let it. If you don't see yourself in those insults , pay it no mind and project a different image, go about your life.
When they mock other groups they use umbrella terms like "asian" "black" "arab" wheras with us we are singled out to be cooked. Big difference.

@pinkyandthebrain report the account, take down their details. The ones that do it in real life, report them to the police. The ones that do it in school, report to the school, and most importantly, delete all your social media accounts sis.

This is something we should all do, ignore the foul language.

Screenshot 2024-10-24 at 16.13.32.png

@pinkyandthebrain report the account, take down their details. The ones that do it in real life, report them to the police. The ones that do it in school, report to the school, and most importantly, delete all your social media accounts sis.

This is something we should all do, ignore the foul language.

View attachment 346293
Somalis don't play anymore. Any hate comment is going straight to discord. 2025 will be the year of major clap backs and humbling and Inshallah not hearing from yusuf7 or self deprecating fools.

Idilinaa

(Graduated)
When they mock other groups they use umbrella terms like "asian" "black" "arab" wheras with us we are singled out to be cooked. Big difference.

I have seen them single out and mock various nationalities, like indians, nigerians, hatians, ethiopians, romanians and even chinese from the posts people on this forum have shared.

Just report them like Puntite Queen said, and move on. That's all you can do really.

I would say the same when it comes to your friends, if they mock your ethnicity, stop being friends with them and if people at school, work or any other public/professional setting do the same report them to the higher up or the police.

And then just move on like nothing happened and focus on your life. Complaining and ranting doesn't do you any good. Don't put too much energy into this and don't read to deep into it.

Last edited:
They don't , i have seen them single out nationalities, like indians, nigerians, hatians, ethiopians, romanians and even chinese.

Just report them like Puntite Queen said, and move on. Thats all you can do really.

I would say the same when it comes to your friends, if they mock your ethnicity, stop being friends with them and if people at school, work or professional do the same report them to the higher up.
And then just move on like nothing happen and focus on your life. Complaining doesn't do anything.
It's rare when they mention those ethnicities (except Indians) whereas with us it goes mega viral even non right wing liberals joining in. I dint have social media and I'm not in education and I don't have ajanabi friends.

it was after the whole diddy party scandal lol it was not lighthearted
Ignore her I think she's most likely coping that's why she randomly decided to lash on me. I feel like this hate is getting into a lot of somalis feeling whether we deny it or not. To me, it seeped in real life when my friend spoke about people saying "Maya Jama" doesn't look somali.

Idilinaa

(Graduated)
Ignore her I think she's most likely coping that's why she randomly decided to lash on me. I feel like this hate is getting into a lot of somalis feeling whether we deny it or not. To me, it seeped in real life when my friend spoke about people saying "Maya Jama" doesn't look somali.

I believe what you are doing is more coping. You are letting outside behavior you have no control over affect you and ranting about to make yourself feel better.

Whenever i see people abuse the word ''coping'' its because you guys are scared about lettings things go and afraid of confronting life ahead on. So it's the opposite of confronting reality, it's letting reality defeat you.

it was after the whole diddy party scandal lol it was not lighthearted

Then confront your friend about it or just let it go. Two options you have.

I believe what you are doing is more coping. You are letting outside behavior you have no control over affect you and ranting about to make yourself better.

Whenever i see people abuse the word ''coping'' its because you guys are scared about lettings things go and afraid of confronting life ahead on. So it's opposite of confronting reality, it's letting reality defeat you.

Then confront your friend about it or just let it go. Two options you have.
Not my friend ppl on TikTok she’s also Somali

I dont know what's going on in social media, but growing up no one used to mock or look down upon somalis because of our looks. I never felt inferior or ugly compared to anyone...aren't all Somalis like that? Ilaahi wuxu na siiyay qurux ain't no one going to make me believe otherwise.

Growing up the only people who were obsessed with our looks were madoows who were jealous of us.

I'm guessing all the hate on social media is from madoows? Waa jealousy don't worry and keep it moving

I dont know what's going on in social media, but growing up no one used to mock or look down upon somalis because of our looks. I never felt inferior or ugly compared to anyone...aren't all Somalis like that? Ilaahi wuxu na siiyay qurux ain't no one going to make me believe otherwise.

Growing up the only people who were obsessed with our looks were madoows who were jealous of us.

I'm guessing all the hate on social media is from madoows? Waa jealousy don't worry and keep it moving
In the uk back in the day it was mostly maadows and their cheerleaders but now is almost every demographic joining in the hate wagon. Don't think is jealousy is more to do with following trends and cool points. Hate sells.