Would you rather leave a legacy or money behind?

Would you rather leave a legacy or money behind

• Legacy

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Money

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiyeglow

A Laandheere always pays his debts
After having Eeman and having righteous children, what would you rather leave behind?

Wealth or a grand legacy?

I was thinking about Maxamed Cawale Libaan for example, the creator of the Somali flag. His legacy is intimately tied to Somalia after bringing forth the ingenious idea of a star representing the five regions of colonial somalilands. Another is Aden Adde, whose grandchildren live in London. I wonder if they would rather take wealth or have the privilege to say I am the grandfather of the founding father of Somalia.

Me personally, I would go with legacy given I have seen the potential for conflict that inheritance can bring (although it shouldn't given the rules of inheritance are clear in Surah Nisa).

It is actually scientifically proven that thinking about your ancestors can boost your mental performance.

I think about our Muslim brother Malcolm X, he was destitute when he died but the legacy was far greater.

I'm not denying the fact that money can help with so much, but how many generations can that sustain? For example, Hassan guurgurte and his money will soon depart as the famous saying goes: 'a fool and his money are easily parted'. So what good does all that he accumulated have? (Plus factor in its haram looted, as per, money so it has no barakah).

Just food for thought. My close family set up an institute in FGS and that legacy will forever indelibly be etched in history, he makes me proud wallahi. It made me think about legacy and leaving something behind that is greater, even beyond politics, than ourselves or anything material.

Somali Saayid

Frm President of Somalia, MP for Life, Cheese Love
VIP
If u raise ur children correctly that money will be ur legacy, securing an easier more financially stable life for your descendents will always make them grateful, and if it's is hundereds of millions of dollars then ur children might even give charity through a foundation in your name or a major project un ur hometown bearing ur name.

I would choose money because my legacy will be the people whom will benefit from the wealth I created and the abundance of opportunity.

Tiyeglow

If u raise ur children correctly that money will be ur legacy, securing an easier more financially stable life for your descendents will always make them grateful, and if it's is hundereds of millions of dollars then ur children might even give charity through a foundation in your name or a major project un ur hometown bearing ur name.

I would choose money because my legacy will be the people whom will benefit from the wealth I created and the abundance of opportunity.
Yes I definitely agree with the practicality of that, however it must be prefaced, as a wiseman said: If you would have left for your children more than what would you have left in your children, they would go astray.

Just merely bequeathing money isn't enough, if you haven't instilled the right values, wisdom and mindset for them to think about charity, projects and long-term generational wealth to be maintained.

Nabi scw left behind no wealth, but he is the most influential person in the history of mankind. If you live a life in the obedience of Allah, are brave, trustworthy, truthful, generous, just, disciplined, merciful, patient, and strong, money will come to you, you'll have a much better legacy than any of these corrupt politicians, and those values will automatically be instilled in your children through your efforts. Nothing comes before Allah, but everything will come to you after you find him.

Tiyeglow

Nabi scw left behind no wealth, but he is the most influential person in the history of mankind. If you live a life in the obedience of Allah, are brave, trustworthy, truthful, generous, just, disciplined, merciful, patient, and strong, money will come to you, you'll have a much better legacy than any of these corrupt politicians, and those values will automatically be instilled in your children through your efforts. Nothing comes before Allah, but everything will come to you after you find him.
Aptly put. Jazakallah khayrun. Reminds me of the Hadith:

Aisha reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever seeks the pleasure of Allah by the displeasure of people, Allah will suffice him against the people. Whoever seeks the pleasure of people by the displeasure of Allah, Allah will leave him to the patronage of the people.

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2414