Would you work in Somalia for a Western NGO?

Would you be willing to work in Somalia for a Western NGO?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Only if the pay is good

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
NGO? naah id never work for em besides The ones Who do work for em look down on other somalis and think theyre better

DeMoN

UltraViolentPacifist
nah I am cool famalam!

I don't want to be just another number for a malnourished, skinny, ak wielding farax :browtf:

Absolutely not.

I have a true story I'd like to share: An older friend of mine went to Morocco for a conference with an Italian nun who ran a clinic in Borama. This was many years ago. He worked for non profit.

The locals in Borama were angry that the nun brought people from across the region who had HIV and other diseases to get treated.

She was shot dead in her clinic a few days after arriving from Morocco.

This is the fucked up part.

My older friend is on a plane in Mogadishu going to Kenya. Someone notifies him that the plane is carrying the body of the slain Italian nun. The guy was just with her in Morocco. That's how he found out his friend was killed.

You are not even safe in Borama of all places

You must be talking about Annalena Tonelli, Somalidu waa xoolo killing somebody who was preventing and treating HIV/Aids patients.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annalena_Tonelli

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Nigga if you hate gaalo so much stop taking their welfare and go back to Somalia where your mental 2nd cousin will randomly stab you if you don't die from a rival clan attack.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Nigga if you hate gaalo so much stop taking their welfare and go back to Somalia where your mental 2nd cousin will randomly stab you if you don't die from a rival clan attack.
Where did I say I hate gaalo? Stop putting words in my mouth & stick to the topic at hand, what do you think of that video Omar posted? Don't be biased now, do your own critical thinking.

There is a lot of dodgy NGO's with ulterior motives out there, I don't doubt that for a second, but their services are needed because there isn't a goverment or local/diaspora initiatives equally responding to the needs of the poor, that there is or may be strings attached to the NGO's services is something to be expected.
We should be mad at ourselves and our so-called leaders.
Lax walba meesha ay is dhigto ayaa lagu gowracaa.

UN and NGOs are shameless.

There this one senior UN Italian guy in Somalia who takes a 50% cut out of any grant that is rewarded to the local NGOs. I will find out his name and shame him

Status
Not open for further replies.