Xamar cad cads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
Politically correct term for them is Benadiri.
Cad Cad is too colloquial.

Madowweyne should similarly embrace a different term. Kind of ridiculous to have tribes named after hair or skin.

Hubble

VIP

Madowweyne should similarly embrace a different term. Kind of ridiculous to have tribes named after hair or skin.

Benadiri is also politically incorrect.

Groups of tribes ( Persia, Yemen, Saudi, even Arab from Spain after fall of Muslim )

So they're a mixture of tribes? Shaanshi have their own language and one of these speak Swahili. Are we being racist when we lump them together or is it something they support?

Apollo

VIP
No because they're not the only people who live in Benadir so they should have a name for their clan.

Reer Xamar is even worse, implying that they are the real owners of Mogadishu.

Benadiri might no be so bad. It comes from the Persian word for 'port'. Accurately describes this community (port dwellers).

Hubble

VIP
Reer Xamar is even worse, implying that they are the real owners of Mogadishu.

Benadiri might no be so bad.

If they settle in another city would we call them Reer Jalaqsi or Reer Baydhabo with the same exclusivity implied?

The shanshi tribe is Persia, the tribes are small in demographic that they lubed in one name. Their numbers are very little in Somalia.

angrycat

not so sad after all

I think its the other way around, the hair texture comes from the peoples name

Apollo

VIP
I think its the other way around, the hair texture comes from the peoples name

You sure about that? Even Somalis from areas with no historic Bantu populations like in Djibouti and stuff use the word Madow for rough/hard hair. It might predate them.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
What are they? A real tribe or a community based on skin colour?

It's anyone from xamar. Hence why they're so mixed up. I think like four out of six reer xamar clans used to claim pastoral roots but when the war broke out they switch up to yemeni.

Also fyi mugherrah isn't from xamar, he got that from wiki. Anyome from xamar would know that moqdishu was named after an Omani man who took over the city, there's even a museum about it. Has nothing to do with Persia or a shah.

Also as far as I'm aware the only Iranians who've evr arrived in the somali penisuoa were Iranian Kurds and very few of them as well. Why aren't there any Shia mosques (save the two masjidss that were made by Punjabi Shias in xamar)?

Hubble

VIP
That's mind blowing history the Omani man and the Punjabi Shia mosques especially. There's so much history in Xamar. Thanks abaayo for answering my question how you did.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
@KowDheh arabs settled actually in many places in the somali penisula, they came for a better life. They contributed but they didn't 'create' the city. They only settled after it became a hub, economic migrants.

image.jpg

I also read about some arab sources about their migration, funnily enough they came not only from yemen but even from UAE, Saudi etc.

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
@KowDheh arabs settled actually in many places in the somali penisula, they came for a better life. They contributed but they didn't 'create' the city. They only settled after it became a hub, economic migrants.

View attachment 2413
I also read about some arab sources about their migration, funnily enough they came not only from yemen but even from UAE, Saudi etc.
stop with your hawiye propaganda:drakekidding:

It's anyone from xamar. Hence why they're so mixed up. I think like four out of six reer xamar clans used to claim pastoral roots but when the war broke out they switch up to yemeni.

Also fyi mugherrah isn't from xamar, he got that from wiki. Anyome from xamar would know that moqdishu was named after an Omani man who took over the city, there's even a museum about it. Has nothing to do with Persia or a shah.

Also as far as I'm aware the only Iranians who've evr arrived in the somali penisuoa were Iranian Kurds and very few of them as well. Why aren't there any Shia mosques (save the two masjidss that were made by Punjabi Shias in xamar)?

There is that tribe shaashi from Iran (the village called shaash )

Hubble

VIP

View attachment 2413

We kept the country so free of neighbouring gaalo and the Somali business culture flowing, no wonder it was a hit. What's the title of the source you quoted?

Status
Not open for further replies.