Xamar cad cads

Status
Not open for further replies.
@KowDheh arabs settled actually in many places in the somali penisula, they came for a better life. They contributed but they didn't 'create' the city. They only settled after it became a hub, economic migrants.

View attachment 2413
I also read about some arab sources about their migration, funnily enough they came not only from yemen but even from UAE, Saudi etc.

Not only Arabs but other musluim settlers for Exmaple

The late 15th and 17th centuries saw the arrival of Muslim families from Arabia, Persia, India and Spain to the Ajuran Sultanate, the majority of whom settled in the coastal provinces. Some migrated because of the instability in their respective regions, as was the case with the Hadhrami families from the Yemen and the Muslims from Spain fleeing the Inquisition. Others came to conduct business or for religious purposes. Due to their strong tradition in religious learning, the new Muslim communities also enjoyed high status among the Somali ruling elite and commoners, and were frequently employed as religious advisers or received administrative positions, or served in the Ajuran army as soldiers and commanders.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Maybe they road to the sea? Maybe Kurds had access to the sea at this time?

Not only xamar but zeila, berbera even inland had arab traders. A lot of the swahili people also claim Persia particularly Shiraz.

Have you seen this documentary? Watch it if you get the time not really relevant to somalia per se but interesting nonetheless.

The people in the documentary in lamu are bajuni (and probably some others).
Btw the bantu population is also heavily mixed with people with the Middle East but they don't assert this as much in somalia. I have a theory but......

Hubble

VIP
Not only xamar but zeila, berbera even inland had arab traders. A lot of the swahili people also claim Persia particularly Shiraz.

Have you seen this documentary? Watch it if you get the time not really relevant to somalia per se but interesting nonetheless.

The people in the documentary in lamu are bajuni (and probably some others).
Btw the bantu population is also heavily mixed with people with the Middle East but they don't assert this as much in somalia. I have a theory but......

I guessed as much (that they were Baajun) because we call Lamu Laamo, and Kismaayo/Waamo but they pronounce with it a U.

I'll watch it later.

What's your theory? I'm all dhego.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

Hint: Somalis who claim to be..
bantu population is also heavily mixed with people with the Middle East
@nucleus
giphy.gif

McD30

Bored to death
Kurds practice FGM.

:browtf:

I think we taught them that, no one else in the area does that.
That's disgusting. I can't even imagine living in a society where FGM is normal. Right at this moment I remember when I first figured out FGM existed, damn..

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
I guessed as much (that they were Baajun) because we call Lamu Laamo, and Kismaayo/Waamo but they pronounce with it a U.

I'll watch it later.

I genuinely think it's utter racism, they asserting their carabnimo there because they can't do it so much in somalia. Again I'm not sure if they're the same people but if you watch the documentary you'll be a little but disturbed at the way they view non arabs.

One guy said that an arab women doesn't marry arab men, that's 100 percent a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.