A new biggest shopping mall in Somalia to be built in Xamarweyne

Pretty much all recently industrialised countries had strong private/public partnerships, even to the extent they were argubaly command economies like in the early stages of South Korea for example. The richest businessmen need to be investing in industry not vanity projects- not seeing this one is or that's it is bad.

I agree with you but the gov is not up to standards yet to secure long term deals with them. Besides this guy and his partners already contributed to Somalia. They can only do so much.

Post in thread 'A new biggest shopping mall in Somalia to be built in Xamarweyne'
https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...to-be-built-in-xamarweyne.167896/post-4060388

Yes incoming squatters being deported from their looted home, no more Jingad in Mogadishu, if you can’t afford Mogadishu move to baidiyah

Speaking of them, in the recent African summit, Somalia was the only country that got nothing from it. Everyone else got deals and projects

I'm going to read up about this but if true, that's crazy. Got on a plane for nothing lol. Cannot wait for the oil revenue to kick in so this hustling for project funds ends. Other Africans do this too, but inshallah I hope we stop showing up.

Pastoralist

Dhib marku wah nokdo, Isku tiirsada
VIP
I'm going to read up about this but if true, that's crazy. Got on a plane for nothing lol. Cannot wait for the oil revenue to kick in so this hustling for project funds ends. Other Africans do this too, but inshallah I hope we stop showing up.
They have little trust in Somalia currently, they gave TZ and ETH loans to develop. other countries see Danab corruption, world bank complaints on Somalia, and the countries fragmented state not just us. Somalis will eventually adapt to grow out of this.

Jungle

VIP
It’s the government that needs to make things like “horumar” happen. This mall is now privately owned.
False. I'll get back to you with the percentages but I have no doubt Banaadir is still majority shareholder. Turkey doesn't own the port or airport. This is a partnership. Banaadir has the final say.

I think it should be built somewhere else. Xamarweyne should be preserved as an “old town”.

bacadlaha_xamar.jpg

The shopping complex is already standing so none of the old town area will be touched.

@Step a side you want to tell me 1 guy can buy bacadlaha? And why would banaadir give it away on the cheap seeing as the tax the building? Everybody in xamar has been to bacadlaha you seen the size of it and how many people work within it? Ciyaar ciyaar aa wadaa lol

False. I'll get back to you with the percentages but I have no doubt Banaadir is still majority shareholder. Turkey doesn't own the port or airport. This is a partnership. Banaadir has the final say.

View attachment 330874
The shopping complex is already standing so none of the old town area will be touched.

@Step a side you want to tell me 1 guy can buy bacadlaha? And why would banaadir give it away on the cheap seeing as the tax the building? Everybody in xamar has been to bacadlaha you seen the size of it and how many people work within it? Ciyaar ciyaar aa wadaa lol
Dude its shareholders involved in this ofcourse but their is main shareholder

As long as murusade own its enough for me imo unfotunately murusade are more into mall business instead of building rivar if hayat supermarket walhi we need one. So far murusade franchised lc wakiik in somalia we need more companies

It is mainly owned by BRA and then a bunch of shareholders. Not one single shareholder and the main shareholder is the government :dead:

Madaale’s little isku sawir ploy was to try claim it as benadir success. 2 months ago the land was sold to murusade. The old salebaan owners even said the owners of the land are karanle. I will get the video now. Give me few hours. Also benadir doesn’t have the money. Their funds are shown on gov papers and docs. If they put the money it would show up on their financial records but it doesn’t.

As long as murusade own its enough for me imo unfotunately murusade are more into mall business instead of building rivar if hayat supermarket walhi we need one. So far murusade franchised lc wakiik in somalia we need more companies
We own that entire land. I knew this 2 months ago. It was on Facebook. Let me get the clip.

The exterior is ugly though. Should be better design.

Horrible look sticks out in Xamar Weyne. They need to make it fit into Xamar Weyne's architectural aesthetic and incorporate the local architectural heritage, which is all white. Glad to see development but we really need more focus on aesthetic in the country.

View attachment 330874

Honestly some renovation and cleaning up that could be a good school or library and it fits in xamar weyna I don't see any reason to destroy this beautiful building for a mall they can buy anywhere else in the city.

Jungle

VIP
Madaale’s little isku sawir ploy was to try claim it as benadir success. 2 months ago the land was sold to murusade. The old salebaan owners even said the owners of the land are karanle. I will get the video now. Give me few hours. Also benadir doesn’t have the money. Their funds are shown on gov papers and docs. If they put the money it would show up on their financial records but it doesn’t.
How can there be salebaan owners when it is govt property and built by the kacaan?

Why does it need money for investment when the building has been fully functional and taxed by the govt since 2011? And double taxed by mooryaan salebaan. The business community have paid for renovations and the upkeep of the building since 1991

This shopping complex was a major source of income for Banaadir and you want me to accept they've handed it over to some businessmen for a lump sum building and land? walle adaa waalan

How can there be salebaan owners when it is govt property and built by the kacaan?

Why does it need money for investment when the building has been fully functional and taxed by the govt since 2011? And double taxed by mooryaan salebaan. The business community have paid for renovations and the upkeep of the building since 1991

This shopping complex was a major source of income for Banaadir and you want me to accept they've handed it over to some businessmen for a lump sum building and land? walle adaa waalan

Murusade bought it. Directly from the mouth of the Salebaan elder that used to run this building.

If link don’t work then here is the evidence that Murusade owns that dhul in Xamarweyne. Search this page from the 6th May. 👇 HG complaining that Murusade bought it.

IMG_4831.jpeg