Am I missing something: Why are Somali men mad at this woman?

"Even if it's to a lesser extent does that really make such a difference?"

To a lot of women yes it does.
The quality of life of other SSA African countries isn’t any better than Somalia and they too suffer from the same social issues. Example in traditional West African cultures a man will marry multiple women to get them to work in agriculture and farm his lands whilst they give birth to multiple children. I think all SSA people have a similar issue and Somalis are only marginally better and an urban dwelling wife in Somalia in the last would have a different experience than a nomadic one.

Historically, a nomadic man will marry multiple times but a woman would still lead a rough life and would be expected to toil alongside her husband whilst also engaging in domestic life and sharing him without any of her luxuries expected for a woman who is sharing is meant to be compensated with. I think that’s why this don’t marry a ‘Fakhiir man’ triggered a lot of Somalis because in many ways it goes against our historical lived experiences and it’s why Somali men have such an irresponsible relationship to marriage. These are men who’ve seen generational marriages built upon the suffering and toiling of wives who’ve lived lives in which they’ve not had a lot but were still raising 7 kids but were still expected to grin and bear it.

I’ve always seen the word Fakiir as very poor. You wouldn’t say someone who doesn’t have money but can provide the basics as ‘Fakiir’ you’d simply say he doesn’t have lacaag.

In a society like Somalia, men’s offense should mean nothing when it’s women who are dying in child birth due to lack of funds for hospitals and it’s women who are left the brunt of provision upon divorce or her kid will be taken away from her forever. On top of that, a poor woman is still threatened with her little provision for her and her kids being taken if her husband decides to marry again and now instead of her and the kids eating twice or three times a day they’re eating twice or only once and the kids don’t get new clothes and there is a possibility he’ll prefer the new wife and toss her into even more poverty.

It's a dire situation for women and children back home .

And you are right, I also have seen women have their children taken away because of poverty.

All the women and girls who are reading this thread.

I have one advice to you.

STOP LISTENING TO SOMALI MEN.

Sheikh Muna didn't even say anything offensive. She spoke straight facts and all her points were Islamic. All she did was give advise that is useful and beneficial for Somali women.

Laakin, a Somali woman giving advice to other Somali women to put themselves first; is so dangerous to Somali men.

It is so dangerous to them that they ban her from mosques and insult her so terrible online?

You tell me what she did that was bad that she is BANNED from masjid?????

It's because she is telling the Somali mule aka Somali women to look after themselves and their children. And Somali men cannot have that. Somali men need Somali women to be mules and to never complain about anything. No complain about 30 years of war. No complain about no hospitals, no running water, no safety. Don't complain about your husband not providing..

The expectations for Somali men is low.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Listen to thise wise Somali Sheikh not some charlatan from the West peddling feminism.

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP
Never said anything about women rights.

They take care of them....they have safe countries where their women don't flee to Somalia.

That was my point.

At least they have safe countries without war and famine.

Things are so bad in Somalia that Somali go to other African countries made safer than Somalia by African men.

Anyways last reply to you.

You are a very stupid little girl.
Current state of Somalia from 2006 - 2024 is 100% sorely the fault of the failed Ethiopian invasion to take out al Shabab which turned them into a radical group.

Present Somalia is not the fault of Somalis. 90’s Somalia was.

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP
Current state of Somalia from 2006 - 2024 is 100% sorely the fault of the failed Ethiopian invasion to take out al Shabab which turned them into a radical group.

Present Somalia is not the fault of Somalis. 90’s Somalia was.

And that’s coming from a galbeed nigga. I got zero business in whatever fuckery goes down in your country. Just saying how it is

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP
I don't know your so bothered by this.

Literally no one here was old enough to take part in the downfall of our nation.

It's pretty obvious that there are a lot of countries in Africa that are better to live in as a women compared to Somalia.

The civil war ruined our nation. It was probably a way better place for naag back in the day.
Nah women have it better today. Just cuz you could get away without wearing hijab dosent mean ur life was better.

FGM rate is way lower today then it ever was in the 80’s. Retarded UN NGO’s include sharia circumcision with fircooni so it still looks high when it’s actually much lower. It’s gotten so low that niggas get ask if they prefer their wife to have fircooni Miya sunna in Somali street interviews

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
And that’s coming from a galbeed nigga. I got zero business in whatever fuckery goes down in your country. Just saying how it is

U need to cool off and stop eating huuno

Listen to thise wise Somali Sheikh not some charlatan from the West peddling feminism.

Feminists believe in equal 50/50 relationships in which women can pull their weight and the husband has to get involved in child care.

A woman saying avoid overly poor men since Islamically the husband needs to provide isn’t Western or Feminist.

At this point, anything that doesn’t benefit men you’ll label as ‘feminist’.

Btw, if you watch the whole lecture the Sheikh does note a woman can be advised to not marry a very poor man and he references the Hadith of Fatima bin Quas that I also posted as well.

TekNiKo

VIP
Feminists believe in equal 50/50 relationships in which women can pull their weight and the husband has to get involved in child care.

A woman saying avoid overly poor men since Islamically the husband needs to provide isn’t Western or Feminist.

At this point, anything that doesn’t benefit men you’ll label as ‘feminist’.

Btw, if you watch the whole lecture the Sheikh does note a woman can be advised to not marry a very poor man and he references the Hadith of Fatima bin Quas that I also posted as well.
Of course! a woman can refuse to marry a poor man, she has a choice after all.

Of course! a woman can refuse to marry a poor man, she has a choice after all.
Yes, but Muna’s words were clearly taken out of context and was advising the girls in the room and not making it into a fatwa. She was also talking about Khat chewers who sit next walls all day as well.

Do I think she should she should have been more clearer and said my advise is that you should marry someone that can fully look after you? Yes.

I also find many Muslim and Somali men hypocritical. They’ll publically advise each other to not marry divorced women even citing the Hadith of Jabir even though he was a young never married man and the Prophet s.a.w Questioned why a man that was a teen and never married previously married a divorced woman. Now Muslim men use that to say that the virgin is superior, yet when the Prophet s.a.w advised Fatima bin Quas and told her she should avoid Muawiya for being very poor Muslim men will never use that as evidence to suggest it’s better for a woman to marry a man who has more resources. I think it’s clear to see many men use the deen depending on what benefits them.

I also find many Muslim and Somali men hypocritical. They’ll publically advise each other to not marry divorced women even citing the Hadith of Jabir even though he was a young never married man and the Prophet s.a.w Questioned why a man that was a teen and never married previously married a divorced woman. Now Muslim men use that to say that the virgin is superior, yet when the Prophet s.a.w advised Fatima bin Quas and told her she should avoid Muawiya for being very poor Muslim men will never use that as evidence to suggest it’s better for a woman to marry a man who has more resources. I think it’s clear to see many men use the deen depending on what benefits them.

It's called spiritual abuse.

Muslim men are used to using Islam to justify their fuckery. Laakin, if a Muslim woman quotes Islam to benefit herself....then according to them she is "lying" about Islam.

TekNiKo

VIP
Lol @ Muawiyah being poor, that same man ended up ruling as Khalifah and conquering Syria. Very poor example.

TekNiKo

VIP
I think the Ethiopian invasion is part of the problem.

Laakin, ultimately the major problem is the inability of Somali men to hashis.
Go marry ajnabi then? No one is stopping yall, if Somali men are so evil then go?

Lol @ Muawiyah being poor, that same man ended up ruling as Khalifah and conquering Syria. Very poor example.
That was during the life of the Prophet s.a.w he was poor and it is a legitimate Hadith that even the clip YOU posted mentions as well. Unless you’re a Hadith rejector, it is a fact that the Prophet s.a.w told Fatima bin Quas to avoid Muawiya for being poor. Muawiya later on becoming a ruler doesn’t negate anything. We’re talking about his living conditions during the time of the Prophet s.a.w.

Are you slow are you simply obtuse? Why negate something YOU also posted via the clip as the Sheikh mentioned the exact same Hadith in time stamp 5:10 if you go back and listen? Was he also using a poor example as well?

A perfect example of how much of a contradictory man you are which is mostly fueled by your hypocrisy and inability to be honest. You’re either that or just dumb and posts stuff for the sake of it that you don’t even listen to.

Last edited:

TekNiKo

VIP
That was during the life of the Prophet s.a.w he was poor and it is a legitimate Hadith that even the clip YOU posted mentions as well. Unless you’re a Hadith rejector, it is a fact that the Prophet s.a.w told Fatima bin Quas to avoid Muawiya for being poor. Muawiya later on becoming a ruler doesn’t negate anything. We’re talking about his living conditions during the time of the Prophet s.a.w.

Are you slow are you simply obtuse? Why negate something YOU also posted via the clip the Sheikh who mentioned the exact same hadith? Was he also using a poor example?

A perfect example of how much of a contradictory man you are which is mostly fueled by your hypocrisy and inability to be honest.
No one is denying the hadith, a woman is free to choose to reject a man if he is poor and has no finances. Doesnt mean you can misconstrue the hadith to mean such men are not suitable for marriage. Many poor destitute Asxaab got married like Abu Huraira who lived in the mosque or Abu Darr who was a zaahid. There is no hierarchy, perhaps the Prophet SAW knew Fatima bint Qais came from a comfortable lifestyle and advised her to marry Usama bin Zaid instead.

No one is denying the hadith, a woman is free to choose to reject a man if he is poor and has no finances. Doesnt mean you can misconstrue the hadith to mean such men are not suitable for marriage. Many poor destitute Asxaab got married like Abu Huraira who lived in the mosque or Abu Darr who was a zaahid. There is no hierarchy, perhaps the Prophet SAW knew Fatima bint Qais came from a comfortable lifestyle and advised her to marry Usama bin Zaid instead.
No, you’re a joke. You said it was poor Hadith to use when the clip of the Sheikh YOU posted literally used the same Hadith in the exact same context to say that a woman can be advised to not marry a poor man.

I never said that poor men shouldn’t be married but advising a woman to not marry a very poor man isn’t haram.

It’s the same way you hypocrites will advise a man to marry a virgin when ALL of the Prophet’s s.a.w wives apart from Aisha were previously married women and even with Jabir he never even advised him to marry a virgin, he simply asked why he didn’t since he was a virgin himself and young.

Let’s be real, what’s more inportant, someone that can put a roof over your heads and feed your kids or marrying a woman who has never been married? What actually has real life ramifications that can even cause life and death in a place like Somalia? Why do Somali men place so much more importance on the latter and shout from the rooftops about not marrying divorced women when marrying a very poor man results in many calamities in our community like even lack of health care that results in the death of new mothers?

It’s sick indeed when you peel back the layers and I want you to have a proper and honest think about it.

Trending