AMA about Harari/Harar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
What comes first for you, Ethiopian or Harari?

Do you fools also think that you are descendant of Arabs like the Somali lunatics ?

What are standout cuisine that you guys eat. Is it that different to other ethiopian food?

Oh, and welcome to the forum btw :siilaanyosmile:

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Do you feel like you have kinship with the madman of East Africa, the Somalis?

Have you had Somali food ?

What are standout cuisine that you guys eat. Is it that different to other ethiopian food?

Oh, and welcome to the forum btw :siilaanyosmile:
We eat typical ethio food too but generally you will see us eat other things like rice pasta etc. too

And thank u for the welcome

what ethnic groups make up harrari? i remember reading of a group called harar or something like that in somalia who used to fight ethiopians (habashi) along side the somalis, but they went extinct and there was a foot note about their descendants being modern say harraris.

what ethnic groups make up harrari? i remember reading of a group called harar or something like that in somalia who used to fight ethiopians (habashi) along side the somalis, but they went extinct and there was a foot note about their descendants being modern say harraris.
What do you mean make up harari? Do you mean what ethnic groups are in the harari region? because harari itself is its own ethnic group. Very small, no more than 40k

We r the minority in harar too

What do you mean make up harari? Do you mean what ethnic groups are in the harari region? because harari itself is its own ethnic group. Very small, no more than 40k

We r the minority in harar too
oh i thought they were a mixture of different groups. what other groups live in hararr that out number the haraarri

oh i thought they were a mixture of different groups. what other groups live in hararr that out number the haraarri
Well yes some of us have been heavily mixed too with other ethnic groups.
The 2007census says the harari refion is 56% oromo, 23% amhara, 9% harari, 4% gurage, 4%somali, 2%tigray

No data for the town but oromos are definetely majority, there are a lot of multilingual people in harar

Status
Not open for further replies.