"An Arab country that does not speak Arabic"

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
I'll do my dna test and drop the results here sxb if I'm below 80% Somali I officially appoint you the new Dictator of Somalia
All is forgiven, you originate in Djibouti, meanwhile, I live deep into the interior, and we had time to cleanse ourselves, I was talking to my Grandmother she is still pissed her families land was stolen, it was near Chiro, the whole area is now Oromia but has a sizable Dir population.

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP
All is forgiven, you originate in Djibouti, meanwhile, I live deep into the interior, and we had time to cleanse ourselves, I was talking to my Grandmother she is still pissed her families land was stolen, it was near Chiro, the whole area is now Oromia but has a sizable Dir population.
Ngl a dna test got me stressing cause of the merchants jn my family.

Other than that, my family got a personal hatred of gallas. The reason we left Dir dhaba because of those ethiopians.

Sa_Male

Laba Gob Kii Beer Jilicsan Baa Jaba

Other than that, my family got a personal hatred of gallas. The reason we left Dir dhaba because of those ethiopians.
Damn broski I feel your pain, if my dna test doesn't say 100% burconian than ima crash out.

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP

I be interested to see what you get, Dir from Diribhiba get about 80% T, the rest being E-V32.

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
Bros from dijbouti, man's defo cooked no doubt about it. Just read bros funeral papers and excommunicate the nigga
I think he will be fine, my sub-clan literal nickname is one who goes near the coast, pretty sure we still have branches that live near Lughaya, Zeila and Djibouti.

Sa_Male

Laba Gob Kii Beer Jilicsan Baa Jaba
I think he will be fine, my sub-clan literal nickname is one who goes near the coast, pretty sure we still have branches that live near Lughaya, Zeila and Djibouti.
935zqs.jpg

No they didn’t, Arabic was the main language of Sudan since the Funj Sultanate. Native languages are still spoken at home.

that’s stupid. The most arabphilic political party in Somali history was the GSL and they were the ones who first pushed for a Somali script.
The myth of the Funj Sultanate being the reason why Sudan is majority muslim is overblown.

Many Islamic travellers mentioned how many of the people who lived at the time couldn't even perform, let alone know the basics of Islam

With some mentioning even the Sultans drinking alcohol

Even the Jaalin and Shaigiya which are some of biggest Arab tribes still spoke their Nubian dialects at the time.

Coupled with the invasion of the Turks and forced arabization by the Arab elites post independence...

Sudan would still have many languages used alongside Arabic but thanks to people like Hassan Turabi of the National Umma party...

The arabization process has been rapidly successful with other languages abandoned or on the verge of extinction.

Like the Nubian language which has been abandoned and then branded as Rotana which literally means jargon/rubbish.

We should take Somali Ana Arabs more seriously by looking at and using as an example how much identity problems the Sudanese go through and make sure to keep to our language...unless we lose it like they did theirs.

Trending