Anicent sufi shrines where?

Araabi

Awdalite
She's Gadabuursi(Xeebjire) like myself, her mother was Jaarso on both sides and her father's mother was Issa, from what I can tell both sides of the family lived chercher for the last couple hundred years, I plan to visit the area sometime next year since I still have family living in the area.

When you go there find as much information as you can regarding the size of our community there and whether or not they assimilated into the local culture or are still ok

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
When you go there find as much information as you can regarding the size of our community there and whether or not they assimilated into the local culture or are still ok
They speak Oromo to communicate with their neighbours but speak fluent Somali, thankfully there was enough of a community to survive assimilation, funny enough my grandmother's mother hated Oromos, and my grandmother was heavily influenced to the point she married my maternal grandfather who was a sheikh who was Habar Yusif at 17 her father gave him land since he was Gadabuursi.

From what I recall the Jaarso live there as well and have intermarried with them and the Gadabuursi, my grandmother is from the region, supposedly the area inhabited by Afar/Saho prior to the Oromo migrations, my grandmother gets these results in her illustrate test.

View attachment 345200
View attachment 345202

Cirro is an Ituu city. There are Nooles and other AQ who immigrated and own land throughout carcar(western hararghe) but the population is mainly ituu. Jarsoo are mainly the furthest east in Oromia bordering Somalis.

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
Cirro is an Ituu city. There are Nooles and other AQ who immigrated and own land throughout carcar(western hararghe) but the population is mainly ituu. Jarsoo are mainly the furthest east in Oromia bordering Somalis.

I was talking about events prior to the Oromo expansion from southern Ethiopia in the 16th century. The area was settled by Afar, Somalis, and various other Muslim peoples. The area was called Doba and was linked to the Ifat Sultanate going as far back as the 13th century. There are multiple mosques that have similar styles to those found in Zeila, Dirdhiba, Awbere, and so on.

Trending

Latest posts