Any info on haplogroup L4b2a2?

Woah, I was so certain I replied to this like last month, no wonder I didn't get any more alerts, my bad. But thank you so much! Your knowledge is always invaluable. I know it doesn't have any stake on our lives now, far from it, but it's always so fascinating to learn about the groups we descend from and the ways they lived, etc.
No problem, it happens. Yeah, it is fascinating.
Oh okay, that definitely comes as a shock to me then. I figured pretty much everyone in the Great Lakes region - at least Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya and Tanzania has some level of Cushitic admixture, even if very minutely, barring groups like myself who are primarily/overwhelmingly Nilotic. But that's definitely interesting. I guess maybe it's just been overrepresented to me.
Ah, you meant those other groups? I thought we were specifically talking about your people. Yes. There is substantial Cushitic ancestry amongst the people you referred to. Because there were Cushities that mixed with Nilotics and Bantus so they are mixed.

The fact that you made those associations is interesting. I already mentioned how your ancestry could have been accompanied by a Southern Cushitic migration pattern, toward Kenya. It was a bit confusing how those Hima/Tutsi folks entered Rwanda, and Uganda though.

No problem, it happens. Yeah, it is fascinating.
I'm curious, is this something you study as a career or just a field you're very invested in just to study as a hobby?
Ah, you meant those other groups? I thought we were specifically talking about your people. Yes. There is substantial Cushitic ancestry amongst the people you referred to. Because there were Cushities that mixed with Nilotics and Bantus so they are mixed.

The fact that you made those associations is interesting. I already mentioned how your ancestry could have been accompanied by a Southern Cushitic migration pattern, toward Kenya. It was a bit confusing how those Hima/Tutsi folks entered Rwanda, and Uganda though.
Ah okay got it, yeah I thought as much. And just lastly, to clarify, this potential ancestry is something that can only be surmised due to my maternal haplogroup and the historical/genetic context around it, even though there's no hints of it in my autosomal DNA at all, correct? Which 100% makes sense to me by the way, I totally understand how that works, just very fascinating is all, because it made me think about if the 12.8% East African Pastoralist on the HG/Farmer calculator on illustrativeDNA may have been onto something then. Although, I would assume that calculation is based off autosomal DNA, so it kinda falls apart there. And I guess 12.8% is probably too large a figure for something so distant in the past and not a part of my own current genetic makeup. I'm more inclined to believe that may just be an error on their platform, cause I think I've seen others take issue with the update somewhere else before.

Actually, one super last question if you don't mind me asking, cause I've always been somewhat confused about this. So I'll use the hypothetical maternal haplogroups of L1abc and L1abcde (lmao and then it turns out they're actually real ones). And let's say they're very localised haplogroups, the first one being concentrated in some region in Tanzania for example, and the other being concentrated in some region in Senegal. And these are two entirely different groups in every way, very distinct genetics, etc. And then throwing in my haplogroup, L4b-(etc.,). So because those two former haplogroups both share *L1abc*, they are then closer in relation to each other, at least as far as maternal ancestry, than I am to either of them? Or is the assignment of haplogroup names a bit arbitrary? I only ask because sometimes I'll see very similar haplogroups belonging to two entirely different groups that appear to have nothing in common. But I guess if they do have meaning, then it just means the common maternal ancestor between the two groups is more recent, the obvious assumption ofc. Just wondering what you think.

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
Nvm I’ve gotten something lol
Cushites had a thing for Tall ebony women.

I Like Smiling GIF by A24