Anybody with Somali blood running through they're veins....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Hunt

Astra incliant sed non obligant
There's no love lost.

raw

Apollo

VIP
What Somali's are considered +99% and which ones are considered >98%? Please do tell Amun the Spartan.

There are computer programs that can analyze how Cushitic you are if you provide your genome input.

Most Somalis are pure, but not all.

Mike Hunt

There are computer programs that can analyze how Cushitic you are if you provide your genome input.

Most Somalis are pure, but not all.

Seeing as how you're probably speaking from experience, aside from the obvious.. which Somali's aren't "pure cushitic"?

Apollo

VIP
Seeing as how you're probably speaking from experience, aside from the obvious bantus and banadiris.. which Somali's aren't "pure cushitic"?

Mostly the Garre, Degodia and other historic NFD denizens, large swathes of the Raxanweyn, some Oromo mixed Ogadenis and some anomalous individuals from the 'regular' clans.

Mike Hunt

Mostly the Garre, Degodia and other historic NFD denizens, large swathes of the Raxanweyn, some Oromo mixed Ogadenis and some anomalous individuals from the 'regular' clans.

Intresting, you do know "Cushitic" is a branch of the afro-asiatic language by definition, ergo anyone who learns to speak Somali,Oromo or any other "Cushitic" language perfectly would be considered %100 percent "Cushitic" right?

Apollo

VIP
Intresting, you do know "Cushitic" is a branch of the afro-asiatic language by definition, ergo anyone who learns to speak Somali,Oromo or any other "Cushitic" language perfectly would be considered %100 percent Cushitic right?

You can call it whatever you want. Cluster #63462342 works just as well, but we all know that it stands for Cushitic ancestry as it peaks in nomadic Somalis and slowly wanes as you move further out into Africa.

Oromos are not as Cushitic ancestrally as Somalis.

Mike Hunt

Well since you clarified that you're talking about ancestry now, what makes Somali's more "Cushitic" then Oromos? For the viewers that don't know of course...

Apollo

VIP
Well since you clarified that you're talking about ancestry now, what makes Somali's more "Cushitic" then Oromos? For the viewers that don't know of course...

Common sense:
Somalis are isolated on a peninsula and before the 1000s had zero meaningful contact with foreigners.
Oromos are surrounded by Omotics and Nilotes to the West and Ethiosemites to their North.

Mike Hunt

Common sense:
Somalis are isolated on a peninsula and before the 1000s had zero meaningful contact with foreigners.
Oromos are surrounded by Omotics and Nilotes to the West and Ethiosemites to their North.

lol common sense huh? again Omotic Nilotic and Semetic are all language groups along with Cushitic that fall under the Afro-Asiatic language group.

I'm going to assume you're talking about ancentry again. You mean to tell me out of common sense, you beileve"Most Somali's" have not mixed with any of the aformentioned Afro Asiatic groups from the time of the Proto Samaale himself? Seeing as how we share borders with a few of the language or "ancestral groups" you've mentioned....

Apollo

VIP
lol common sense huh? again Omotic Nilotic and Semetic are all language groups along with Cushitic that fall under the Afro-Asiatic language group.

I'm going to assume you're talking about ancentry again. You mean to tell me out of common sense, you beileve"Most Somali's" have not mixed with any of the aformentioned Afro Asiatic groups from the time of the Proto Samaale himself? Seeing as how we share borders with a few of the language or "ancestral groups" you've mentioned....

You are placing your modernist bias on ancient populations. Back in those days people did not just learn foreign languages and adopt a new culture. They got those languages through population movements as is evident from genetic analyses.

Cushitic is both a racial group as well as a language group. But for PC reasons scientists are too afraid to say that language groupings have genetic basis.

Mike Hunt

You are placing your modernist bias on ancient populations. Back in those days people did not just learn foreign languages and adopt a new culture. They got those languages through population movements as is evident from genetic analyses.

Cushitic is both a racial group as well as a language group. But for PC reasons scientists are too afraid to say that language groupings have genetic basis.

lol not at all im just speaking out of common sense. I do recall you saying "There are computer programs that can analyze how Cushitic you are if you provide your genome input"

I agree populations during ancient periods in time did adapt new cultures and languages by migrations.

I don't buy into that You're Cush, he's a Semite, She's Omotic etc because some religious scipture told us so man. You're only real ancient evidence of Somali's being of "Cush Ancestry" would come from the bible, seeing as how it's the only ancient scripture that mentions those classification.
Assuming you're a Muslim....you wouldn't agree with the bibles classification of Somali ancentry....right?

Apollo

VIP
Cushitic is just a damn label. I do not support the nonsense bible meaning of it. Nevertheless, it is the most recognized name for the population group aboriginal to the Horn of Africa.

You are asking really silly questions.

Apollo

VIP
Yes it is just a label that originated from...........the Bible. Me asking you if you agree to a biblical refrence of the Somali people as Cushitic is a silly question? Seeing as how you are pro "Cushitic" and all...

So what? Actually it comes from the Kerma 'Kush' Culture from Ancient Nubia and was coined by 19th century European linguists.
You can't make up your own words and you just have to go by what is the convention.

Mike Hunt

I just find that interesting....Yes the Kingdom of (K)ush did originate from the ancient Kerma culture according to scholarly references. the branching of peoples of "Cushitic" "Semetic" etc was popularized by the bible which pre-dates the European linguists you've mentioned.

Apollo

VIP
Hmm i just find that interesting....Yes the Kingdom of (K)ush did originate from the ancient Kerma culture according to scholarly references. the branching of peoples of "Cushitic" "Semetic" etc was popularized by the bible which pre-dates the European linguist you've mentioned.

Nope. The term comes directly from Kerma Kush which they thought was the original homeland of Cushites. It is not related to the biblical Cush which has a similar spelling. Even if it were I don't give a f*ck, it's still a useful term.

Mike Hunt

Nope. The term comes directly from Kerma Kush which they thought was the original homeland of Cushites. It is not related to the biblical Cush which has a similar spelling. Even if it were I don't give a f*ck, it's still a useful term.

Yes it is related to and popularized by the biblical reference of CUSH as you stated........Seeing as how you don't give a f*ck i'm going to just go ahead and agree to disagree.

No 19th century European scholars who im assuming were christians should be able to label historically nomadic Somalis as this and that imho

Wallahi your arrogance is astounding. Haddi nin Rahanweyne, Garre, iyo adiga laisku keeni lahaa.. I'm pretty sure they would look more Somali than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.