Are successful Somalis who dont mentor youth uncle toms?

I used to think this, but i kinda understand now. The Somali community is actually too chaotic and would probably waste his time. The best he can do is help sincere indivuduals which they probably do.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Why do they cut contact with the community once they tasted successful?
I won't wonder why such people will cut contact with their community, because they probably tried to mentor, but the community, especially the young men are very very wild, and on top of that, their parents are like docile, passive and extremely arrogant (indho adeeg) about their children behaviour, and when these kids do something bad like selling drugs and get arrested, they will say, "wiilkeygi aa la iga xiray, ha iloo sii daayo", and when they get out from the prison, they let them do whatever they want and ask God to correct them.

I know a few, and inshallah I’ll be one too. They’ll help those who put in the effort to help themselves, no one is going to do the heavy lifting for you, or walk you into a job.
I know too many niggas in high positions that tried helping out others by hooking them up with a lower position where they can work their way up. What do the bum niggas do as a thank you, f*ck shit up at work, not be half decent worker, make his problem his brothers problems, or in best case scenario they’ll take 1-2 paychecks and quit only to ask for another hook up :mjlol:

Haven't seen many successful ones cut contact, but they usually avoid problematic people and move lowkey.

There aren't really any firm class divides among Somalis in the same way you see in other societies from what i noticed, both rich and poor share the same space. I think the only ones similar to us are Jews or Asians in this sense, that we are deeply connected to eachother and keep close ties of kinship even in distant lands far away.

This is of course different if the Somali in question is gaalonized.

Trending

Latest posts