Are there a lot of childless Somali men that married single moms?

Aegon

The Conqueror, King of all Westeros
Digital Sisterhood, it’s the same fucking podcast when of those girls say that she was commiting zina with a high school classmate, and that they were ultimately caught in the bathroom when she was performing head on him, and then she went to say that it was a « Test from Allah »

Kisame

Plotting world domination
VIP
Also our relationship PR is in the gutter. Somalis in happy relationships are not on the Internet posting about it online.

Somali divorcees are willingly hopping on platforms just to dunk on the men they married. I've said this before on here but I went through a period of time where I never saw anything positive about Somali men and somali marriages. Like in college all I saw online was Somali weddings and Somali divorce stories on social media.

Somali men overall aren't fighting this. Like divorcees and single moms literally have a chokehold on an image right now. Also with the rise of guys afraid of being called a "dayouth", a lot of Somali men simply feel uncomfortable posting pics/vids with their partner.

@Chase @Angelina

Digital Sisterhood, it’s the same fucking podcast when of those girls say that she was commiting zina with a high school classmate, and that they were ultimately caught in the bathroom when she was performing head on him, and then she went to say that it was a « Test from Allah »

reciept or it didn't happen

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP

I keep seeing this brought up.

Personally I feel like this is probably more common back home. Somalis back home get married way earlier than somalis in the West. So the country probably has a bunch of young single moms in their early twenties.

In this day and age in the west marrying or even starting a relationship with a single mom as a never married guy with no kids is considered a desperate move. Even single childless women with their shit together try to avoid men with kids.
Traditionally, if her husband died, his brother or relative would take her as a 2nd or 3rd wife and treat all her kids as his own.

Aegon

The Conqueror, King of all Westeros
She tryna say Somalis are so desperate they are sweeping up single moms whilst other cultures only get with virgins.

And the only reason why single Somali moms get married again is coz they were in an marriage before, now don’t think that we are gonna accept some wh0re with some mixed child born out of wedlock

Of course not, never met her or spoken to her, but I've had enough experience to discern people like this, you don't have to believe me, but I'm telling you, you can smell them.

Abaayo this convo is getting nowhere, let's just call it quits.
Let me guess the UK

It's not that deep, getting married to a single mom is usually a sign of a healthy community. But i can see why never married people dont want to raise someone else's child, again that's your view and right which your entitled to for yourself, but no need to negatively judge people that do marry single moms.

@Mozart
Tbh her having a past with an ajnabi person would pretty much kick her out of most Somali dating pools. Especially if her targets were financially stable and independent western Somali men.

I could definitely see chicks like this having resentment towards Somali men. Especially if she got married young and got divorced at a more mature age.

We have a lot of young women that are raised households led by horrible Somali fathers. Sometimes even a households raised by single mom. Overall a lot of these chicks grew up with a bad outlook on Somali marriages pretty much.

Also Arab niggas would definitely have a better reputation marriage-wise just simply because of the fact that Arabs are way more financially stable than Somalis. I've said it on here before but the only traditional conservative people woman are willing to listen to are the ones with money. A lot of Arab woman literally don't have to marry out just because they can't find a financial stable partner within their ethnic group. Some Somali women literally have to do this if they want a financial stable partner.
But Somali women are not marrying financially stable ajnabi men,most of the times they lower their standards to ajnabi

She tryna say Somalis are so desperate they are sweeping up single moms whilst other cultures only get with virgins.

And the only reason why single Somali moms get married again is coz they were in an marriage before, now don’t think that we are gonna accept some wh0re with some mixed child born out of wedlock
Her wording was a bit strong but divorcees are not stigmatized in our community unlike other Muslim communities

They are looking for loopholes,you can’t commit zina and say it’s a test from Allah

Also our relationship PR is in the gutter. Somalis in happy relationships are not on the Internet posting about it online.

Somali divorcees are willingly hopping on platforms just to dunk on the men they married. I've said this before on here but I went through a period of time where I never saw anything positive about Somali men and somali marriages. Like in college all I saw online was Somali weddings and Somali divorce stories on social media.

Somali men overall aren't fighting this. Like divorcees and single moms literally have a chokehold on an image right now. Also with the rise of guys afraid of being called a "dayouth", a lot of Somali men simply feel uncomfortable posting pics/vids with their partner.

@Chase @Angelina
Family life should be private no need to post it publicly for random people who’ll not care if you were to die tomorrow.

Kisame

VIP
That’s the beside the point. She has a big platform. A successful Islamic podcast I listen to and she’s never insinuated about Somali men. Unless you lot have proof keep quiet. Even now with that tweet she made, she’s right when it comes to fobbish traditional Somali men since culturally marrying single mothers isn’t an issue.

Again what does that have to do with the Digital sisterhood and her platform? Honestly projecting on someone you don’t know who hasn’t given you ANY reason to hate y’all is a form of mental illness. I’m not specially coming for you, but this whole topic about a successful practicing sister with a well known podcast being dragged just because she married an ajnabi is crazy. It’s comes across as narcissistic as all I’m heaving is: If a Somali girl doesn’t marry one of us, she must hate us and she must be bitter. You sound like AA naago.

"Again what does that have to do with the Digital sisterhood and her platform? Honestly projecting on someone you don’t know who hasn’t given you ANY reason to hate y’all is a form of mental illness. I’m not specially coming for you, but this whole topic about a successful practicing sister with a well known podcast being dragged just because she married an ajnabi is crazy. It’s comes across as narcissistic as all I’m heaving is: If a Somali girl doesn’t marry one of us, she must hate us and she must be bitter. You sound like AA naago."

I was waiting for chase or mozart to drop some proof. If it was true than what I said still stands.

@Chase said he ran into these woman IRL. I've only met these chicks online and decided to share what I've learned from them.

I don't listen to her pod. This is my first time learning about this podcast. If this is the only positive thing she's said about Somali men than she definitely seems a bit sus.

Kisame

VIP
Family life should be private no need to post it publicly for random people who’ll not care if you were to die tomorrow.

I know but this isn't stopping single moms and divorcees from hopping on platforms just to talk trash about Somali marriages.

Our reputation is literally in the gutter and none of you niggas are interested in fixing this.

Kisame

VIP
But Somali women are not marrying financially stable ajnabi men,most of the times they lower their standards to ajnabi

I mean some of the younger ones might marry out because of love. Overall though we have some chicks that can't find a financial stable Somali partner. Our dating market it's pretty messed up right now.

Mozart

You need people like me
"Again what does that have to do with the Digital sisterhood and her platform? Honestly projecting on someone you don’t know who hasn’t given you ANY reason to hate y’all is a form of mental illness. I’m not specially coming for you, but this whole topic about a successful practicing sister with a well known podcast being dragged just because she married an ajnabi is crazy. It’s comes across as narcissistic as all I’m heaving is: If a Somali girl doesn’t marry one of us, she must hate us and she must be bitter. You sound like AA naago."

I was waiting for chase or mozart to drop some proof. If it was true than what I said still stands.

@Chase said he ran into these woman IRL. I've only met these chicks online and decided to share what I've learned from them.

I don't listen to her pod. This is my first time learning about this podcast. If this is the only positive thing she's said about Somali men than she definitely seems a bit sus.
My comment was about Somali women on social media in general not that specific podcast

"I was waiting for chase or mozart to drop some proof. If it was true than what I said still stands.

Context is key,

This came about because of that Arab man trying to secretly have a temporary marriage with a single mother because he looks down on single mothers. Asian and Arabs were talking about the hardships of single mothers in their community. She added to the conversation saying that Somali women don’t have that issue.

The only men who will have issues with her comments are misogynistic men who wish to be like Arab and Asian men. I’m sure they’re offended that our ancestors didn’t create a culture in which they can abuse us, mistreat and if we dare leave treat us like leapers not worthy of having another marriage.

Clearly the men here offended by her comment which whilst exaggeration does have truth to it. Culturally we don’t look down on single mothers and if that’s ‘sus to you, you then look within and see why. Clearly deep down you look down on single mothers.

This is what I mean when I say UK and some Western Somali men have been influenced by Timo jelec Western men. The fact that historically we never looked down on Somali single mothers is source of embarrassment to them. Other forms of misogyny that Somali women face isn’t enough, they also want to add the stigma of looking down on women whose marriages didn’t work.

I mean some of the younger ones might marry out because of love. Overall though we have some chicks that can't find a financial stable Somali partner. Our dating market it's pretty messed up right now.
I wonder how our parents/grandparents managed to get married while they were financially poor and were living in harsher environments.

This is what I mean when I say UK and some Western Somali men have been influenced by Timo jelec Western men. The fact that historically we never looked down on Somali single mothers is source of embarrassment to them. Other forms of misogyny that Somali women face isn’t enough, they also want to add the stigma of looking down on women whose marriages didn’t work.

It's never been part of our dhaqan to look down on divorced or widowed people whether male or female. I guess that was what she was alluding to. Shit happens. Our ancestors didn't care. I think this is part of the issue with living around certain muslim populations, you absorb their culture. Though it's weird how we absorb their culture but they never seem to absorb ours.

Trending