Are you cool with your husband marrying a second wife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
giphy.gif
It's not that serious, Bahal.
They are. They are.

I said it.

I agree but times has changed. A lot of them live in the West and still do this.

I can't fathom the idea of my wife and kids living in Kenya and I'm working a full time job here but live like a iskaabulo and send them money each month. II guess each to their own.

But the parents are escaping their kids from ghetto life and identity of "black"and their culture that has been forced on them. More reasons to build Somalia. We had to build Somalia.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
As long as you take advantage of the immense opportunities in the West, you're far better off here than Kenya.

Unfortunately, it seems most Somali parents are totally clueless to the realities of living next to adoons to save a few hundred a month for ayuuto.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
But the parents are escaping their kids from ghetto life and identity of "black"and their culture that has been forced on them. More reasons to build Somalia. We had to build Somalia.

They should have more confidence in their parenting skills and they should stop pushing out 6 kids. Give structure to the kids lives and plan their week with extra curriculum activities that they enjoy. Somalis need to adapt to modern day parenting.

Would you ever agree to live away from your husband like this for a decade?

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Most Somali parenting consists of the dad gone for months on end and the mother more worried about paying off her ayuuto and attending the latest wedding to gossip while her daughter giving head to random niggas and the son going full BET

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Everywhere.

Toronto, London, Columbus, Minneapolis, probably Scandinavia too.

I've found that we're remarkably similar no matter where we are.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Most Somali parenting consists of the dad gone for months on end and the mother more worried about paying off her ayuuto and attending the latest wedding to gossip while her daughter giving head to random niggas and the son going full BET

I really wish some of these prominent Somali Sheikhs would spit some hard hitting truths about our failures. They have the platform and the authority and people would listen. At least then it's internal and stays within us. But they spend more time talking about meaningless shit like Israel or is breast milk haram!!!

They should have more confidence in their parenting skills and they should stop pushing out 6 kids. Give structure to the kids lives and plan their week with extra curriculum activities that they enjoy. Somalis need to adapt to modern day parenting.

Would you ever agree to live away from your husband like this for a decade?

Nope

Status
Not open for further replies.