Average homes in Britain and Ireland pre-Roman contact

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
f21d18d75fa49e51730bcbf16ad395c8.jpg

Xamar circa 1991

:lolbron:
The crazy thing is that it's a accurate representation.

I wonder how/what led to the romans being so advanced compared to everyone else
My question exactly lol. And even before them, the Greek, right? Cause I think certain parts of Roman culture were inspired by the Greek, if I’m not mistaken. Well, the gods at the very least. But yeah, I really do wonder. Maybe the Mediterranean was just so comfortable and there was such a lack of any real environmental pressures, that they were so bored and could just idle around and think about innovations all day? I wonder lmao

But then, most innovation I think is born out of necessity and circumstance, so that doesn’t sound quite right. Who knows.

My question exactly lol. And even before them, the Greek, right? Cause I think certain parts of Roman culture were inspired by the Greek, if I’m not mistaken. Well, the gods at the very least. But yeah, I really do wonder. Maybe the Mediterranean was just so comfortable and there was such a lack of any real environmental pressures, that they were so bored and could just idle around and think about innovations all day? I wonder lmao

But then, most innovation I think is born out of necessity and circumstance, so that doesn’t sound quite right. Who knows.
This is a tinpot theory, but I think the Mediterranean diet helped improve their IQ. Similar with Japan who have a very heavy sea based diet. They’ve also been advanced throughout the eons compared to the rest of the world

Daydreamer

teetering in-between realities

it's probably because they were in close contact with so many other communities, the egyptians, sumerians, phonecians. generally there was a lot of trade and interaction which led to these communities learning more from each other. A lot of the shit greeks and romans came up with were based off what they learned from egypt

Trending