BREAKING! Janet Jackson Tells The Guardian That She Heard Kamala Harris Isn’t Black! Democrats & Liberals Pissed! FBA's Loving It!

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
VIP
Shall well consider any mixed person as “POC”?
It’s confusing as hell if we only call them by one label. It’s better calling them POC than black or Indian. It seems people gonna have a countless debates whether she’d be better off calling herself black or Indian.

I’d rather just say: Kamala Harris (a POC woman) running as president of the United States of America.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Shall well consider any mixed person as “POC”?
It’s confusing as hell if we only call them by one label. It’s better calling them POC than black or Indian. It seems people gonna have a countless debates whether she’d be better off calling herself black or Indian.

I’d rather just say: Kamala Harris (a POC woman) running as president of the United States of America.
The Americans have and had the one drop rule. Which makes her black by their definition.

Khanderson

VIP
The Americans have and had the one drop rule. Which makes her black by their definition.

She’s also an Indian (another minority class). This rule can only work on the white groups. As an exception. It can only apply to them. But if the person is mixed by both sides that are considered to be a minority sects than this is up to the Indian and blacks.

I think it’s better calling any mixed person as POC. Calling them mixed race can sometimes come off as rude to them. This shitty terminology: black, white and Asian. Is highly complex anyways.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
She’s also an Indian (another minority class). This rule can only work on the white groups. As an exception. It can only apply to them. But if the person is mixed by both sides that are considered to be a minority sects than this is up to the Indian and blacks.

I think it’s better calling any mixed person as POC. Calling them mixed race can sometimes come off as rude to them. This shitty terminology: black, white and Asian. Is highly complex anyways.
The one drop rule is to define if someone is black or not, regardless of their look

"The One Drop Rule is a concept that defines a person as Black or African American if they have any known Black ancestry, regardless of their physical appearance or other racial characteristics."

Khanderson

VIP
The one drop rule is to define if someone is black or not, regardless of their look

This one drop rule thing was only meant to keep blacks away from the white class or prevent them from mixing with them. I’m surprised you’re even using that example. Shit is so 1800s and offensive.

I’m sort of wondering if this rule also applies to other minorities that mixed with the white demographics.

Would they be excluded from that side? Does this rule even apply in the 21st century? This whole one drop rule thing is weird and appears outdated.