Can we abolish Qabil

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement, T-Y16897 Arabi
Be like most Arabs. Make your qabiils your last names & treat them as historical lore and that’s it. Don’t go around erasing people’s abtirsis but take away power from the ooga booga system. We’re in 2024 not 1000 ad it’s been time to adopt the nation state meta

Be like most Arabs. Make your qabiils your last names & treat them as historical lore and that’s it. Don’t go around erasing people’s abtirsis but take away power from the ooga booga system. We’re in 2024 not 1000 ad it’s been time to adopt the nation state meta
For Somalia to be centralised the tribalism must be abolished in a way it wouldn't return. I think the titles of sultan and garad and ugaas and other titles should be banned and the tribe chiefs must be like any other ordinary person.

Even the idea of putting your tribe name at the end of your name should be illegal

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
You talking about clans while talking about abolishing clans .

Home Give GIF by ICNA Relief
Idk maybe because Somali society is currently based on clans 🤨

It is a genuine question for you all regardless of what you think of your opponents. For SL to be an actual state, there needs to be an identity of a Somalilander and it cannot be this current tribal set up you need it to be a singular unifying one so that you can have state loyalty i.e patriotism and not qabyalad.

No one was mentioning SL but it is relevant and a huge part of your issues. SSC's departure was born out of this issue more or less.

This conversation has nothing to do with SL is my point we are talking purely about qabil but you are desperately trying to wedge it in so I can't continue talking about this topic. I'm not talking to an opponent but purely about the issue. Like take a minute off your hit job against SL.

But Dhulbahante left for thier own qabil reasons. They have qabil issues with political power that some other clans don't have. Their elite were always split and some wanted to secure the kind of power they had under Kacaan governemtn would be my guess for their actions. It's why their uprising was limited only to them because SL is benign state, not perfect but not oppressive in nway and development and peace focussed which you cannot say of the Mogadishu government who appear to want to be a regional belligerent like old times.

But anyway, the more you argue the more it becomes clear that some clans, are acutely sensitive to poltiical power and resources. Some clans are not even at peace within themselves(like yours) but you can't project that kind of attitude into other clans that don't think like that or arent that way inclined no matter how much you try to inflame tensions.

Last edited:

Jungle

VIP
The whole government is built on 4.5 qabil system which forces the govt the include everyone. This is the only reason there is a government in Somalia and you lot want to talk about abolish qabil like this isn't a deep rooted issue.