Caspian Report: Somalia gave its coastline away, here's why it matters

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

كَمَا دَخَلُوهُ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍۢ🕌☝🏾
VIP

I wasn't aware that the government has an oil exploration deal with US companies involving seven offshore blocks in total. When was the deal signed? I must have missed this news. Minute 8:55

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

VIP
I was disappointed to see a channel of his caliber use stock footage from other countries. Usually, big channels that cover politics don't make these kinds of mistakes. He probably doesn't give a damn. In this era of the internet, using inaccurate stock footage can easily distort the perception of a country🤣

Kizaru

Cast in the name of God Ye not Guilty

I wasn't aware that the government has an oil exploration deal with US companies involving seven offshore blocks in total. When was the deal signed? I must have missed this news. Minute 8:55
really the only option we had. Somalis are too retarded to think about the future

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

VIP
really the only option we had. Somalis are too retarded to think about the future
Whether this deal is ideal or not shouldn't occupy the minds of those without better options. Considering all the different countries involved, this deal appears to be the best and most reasonable choice. If managed correctly, it could facilitate the country's transition from dependency to self-sufficiency, reducing reliance on foreign aid, a leverage often exploited by ajnabis. I hope for a government that will seize this chance and not squander it, gradually building on it competently is what will make the difference. Abandoning this deal would condemn the country to stagnation for a long time. So, would you rather sacrifice 30% in revenue or remain indefinitely stuck? If you choose the latter, I would advise you to get your head examined immediately

That separatist clan enclave region map looks different
Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

Was expecting more of CR. His last video about Somalia civil war was fairly accurate. This one in comparison is really shallow. You could summerize it in couple sentences.

The US company that acquired this are zionists by the way. The one who signed this is Abdirizak minister of petroleum, he’s family to Hassan sheikh (cousin or something I forgot). I thought hamza barre tried to stop it. Didn’t know it went through.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

VIP
The US company that acquired this are zionists by the way. The one who signed this is Abdirizak minister of petroleum, he’s family to Hassan sheikh (cousin or something I forgot). I thought hamza barre tried to stop it. Didn’t know it went through.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Lil Durk Fainting GIF by Strapped Entertainment

That's heartbreaking news, man. These people can never be trusted, even if they give you a semi-good deal on paper. They're there for their own interests. Trump doesn’t shy away from saying the most thuggish shit on camera, like "we left troops behind only for the oil." The US is a huge economy and it needs free and cheap oil to keep itself running steadily. I guess they're okay with being the feeder for the great economic empire while getting almost nothing in return. The US would never make any deals unless it's getting ridiculous amounts of money out of it. Giving a pen to incompetent people to sign deals that could benefit you greatly is one of the easiest cons you can pull off. I shouldn't act surprised though, 🤣this is Africa where the elite take what they can out of crappy deals to enrich themselves while a good chunk of the population is suffering. just a regular day in the office🤣

They say this in public, imagine the plans they plot behind the scenes kkkkkkkkkkk

Lil Durk Fainting GIF by Strapped Entertainment

That's heartbreaking news, man. These people can never be trusted, even if they give you a semi-good deal on paper. They're there for their own interests. Trump doesn’t shy away from saying the most thuggish shit on camera, like "we left troops behind only for the oil." The US is a huge economy and it needs free and cheap oil to keep itself running steadily. I guess they're okay with being the feeder for the great economic empire while getting almost nothing in return. The US would never make any deals unless it's getting ridiculous amounts of money out of it. Giving a pen to incompetent people to sign deals that could benefit you greatly is one of the easiest cons you can pull off. I shouldn't act surprised though, 🤣this is Africa where the elite take what they can out of crappy deals to enrich themselves while a good chunk of the population is suffering. just a regular day in the office🤣

They say this in public, imagine the plans they plot behind the scenes kkkkkkkkkkk

When people used to say Somalia’s biggest enemies are outside the country, people thought of them as conspiracists. The more time goes on though it’s more apparent that the people that benefit most from a dysfunctional Somalia are those in the west.

That’s screwed up. They’ve dealt with us honestly thus far, I really don’t want to believe they screwed us over like this
these were the same turks known for their cunning and trickery as well as their xenophobia.

Ask yourself if Somalia was a powerful country and lets say burundi was beholden to us economically would you accept a measly 30% to cover the infrustructure cost that is alot more than 30% or would you take much more and bribe officials.

Its a 50/50 chance regardless.... ik hawiye and darod politicians are too braindead in terms of leadership and rely on foreigners so its more likely they gave away much more for shortsighted chump change bribes.

Last edited:

Mudug_gyal

لا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّه
VIP
this all relies on erdogan's party so i dont think this deal will go through after turkey elections...

and if it goes through even after erdogan goes then we are truly their cash cow.
Wtf like seriously… 😦

Trending