Confusion about the Oromo people?

Can someone break down to me their ethnic roots, are they interlinked with Somali groups? Or they are purely Ethiopian ethnic group with Somali roots?

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Oh no we're not really linked with them, they're another species similar to the weirdos called the habash. They're proto-gorillas mixed with some other species called the omotic.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Can someone break down to me their ethnic roots, are they interlinked with Somali groups? Or they are purely Ethiopian ethnic group with Somali roots?
Nobody really knows their origins it's disputed to this day they are most likely another Ethiopian group related to the sidama

AarHawd_7

North-West, London
Bastard Ethiopians converted to the Islam by the Somalis. Yet they wanna bite the hand that showed them Islam and civilization. Every Oromo in the Somali peninsula should be shot on sight.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
They are the half brother of Somal.

Two Brothers.

Somali --married Arab

Oromo- married Kenya Bantu

They're eastern Cushites like Somalis, in fact they're the closest Cushites to Somalis as Somalis split off from Oromos thousands of years. An offshoot if you will. They originate from southern Ethiopia but nobody is really sure.

Some of them assimilated Omotes and created large Omotic-Oromo groups like the Sidamo. However they're still mostly Cushites.

They are the largest ethnic group in Ethiopia, related to other Horn Africans. A portion of them have closer ties with Habeshas, although they themselves are not, and some have closer cultural ties with Somalis.

Aside from the trolls here on SSpot. A common saying of Somalis is that Somalis and Oromos are brothers.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
tumblr_mqikmj8b8F1szq0lgo1_1280.jpg

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
I was very naive about these people. For years, I thought they were peaceful miskeens, who were coming and settling in Somali region of Ethiopia, and Somaliland and Puntland, for a better life. I used to condemn my fellow Somalis, of their hate and distrust of these people.......

That was until two years ago, when these people started attacking and massacring innocent Somalis, living in their lands, the reason being: an Oromo had become Prime Minister.

Then, my eyes opened up, of how expansionist they are, even more expansionist than Amharas. Hence them flooding SL and PL. Infact, these lot are far worse than Amharas. With Amharas, you know what they want and what to expect from them. These lot though: hide behind the "Cushitic" and "Muslim" cards.

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
Bastard Ethiopians converted to the Islam by the Somalis. Yet they wanna bite the hand that showed them Islam and civilization. Every Oromo in the Somali peninsula should be shot on sight.
remember when these mongrels were leaving jigjiga by the truckloads when somalis started to fight back.:mjlaugh:

Damn yall are salty af. Just cus they make business in PL and SL you're calling them expansionist? So what does that make Somalis in the west and other parts of Africa? At least Oromos don't live in poverty and make gangbangs! they migrate just like any other people. Own up.

Macalin M

Out here
Damn yall are salty af. Just cus they make business in PL and SL you're calling them expansionist? So what does that make Somalis in the west and other parts of Africa? At least Oromos don't live in poverty and make gangbangs! they migrate just like any other people. Own up.
Calm down waaqo just because they’re expansionists doesn’t mean I don’t think Somalis aren’t . :)

I have to give it to the members of Somalispot. Some of the most toxic people on the planet congregate here. Really astounding honestly!