Could you become a spy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

I was watching the news today and they were running a segment about Mi6 and mentioned they were currently recruiting. They ran an advert that's meant to run cinemas from next Monday. It's apparently aimed at attracting more diverse employees

Click on the image to watch the vid

It is a deliberate strategy to move away from the stereotype of a white male who went to Oxbridge, jumps out of planes, shoots guns and is kitted up with fancy gadgets.

MI6 says it is focusing particularly on black and Asian recruits and doesn't want people to rule themselves out of a career with the agency because they don't fit the Bond image.

:stevej:

The agency says it places particular emphasis on emotional intelligence, interpersonal skills, a public service ethos, mental sharpness, an interest in foreign affairs and cultures, a desire to live and work overseas, sound judgement, integrity, team working and being technologically savvy.

This got me curious, I for one, have no idea what spy recruitment entails and had always kind of imagined something out of The Kingsmen, complete with the dangerous tests and all. So I hit up google

YOU MUST BE A BRITISH CITIZEN
You need to be a British citizen and one of your parents must be also be a citizen, or have substantial ties to the UK.

YOU NEED TO ACCOUNT FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS OF YOUR LIFE
None of that ‘only relevant experience’ stuff here. With MI5, you have to account for the last 10 years of your life.

MI5 personnel told the Guardian that you need to fully explain any unaccounted for periods of time or holidays over a fortnight
YOU NEED TO BE REALLY, REALLY DISCRETE
That means you can’t update your Facebook work section to ‘MI5 secret agent’ or tweet ‘lol I’m a spy now guys’.

Discretion is obviously vital in a role like this – and they take it very seriously. You can’t even tell your family that you work there. It’s a big deal.

Read moaarr here https://www.sis.gov.uk/eligibility.html
Ok obviously not as complicated as I had imagined, seems quite straight forward imo:cosbyhmm:.Minus the intense security vetting of course

the application process is long and gruelling.

Applicants are told they will face an exhaustive six month selection process, during which they will be constantly assessed.

Candidates will be thoroughly security vetted, assessed medically and repeatedly tested and interviewed to narrow the field down to the very best.

:whew:

So what do u say ssp, do y'all think u have what it takes to become the next Somali James Bond :mjswag:

Imagine all the novice jihadist you'd be able catch alone from one afternoon in the mosque :icon lol: u could rat them out before they run off to blow themselves up in Syria kkkkk

giphy.gif

I was watching the news today and they were running a segment about Mi6 and mentioned they were currently recruiting. They ran an advert that's meant to run cinemas from next Monday. It's apparently aimed at attracting more diverse employees

Click on the image to watch the vid

:stevej:

This got me curious, I for one, have no idea what spy recruitment entails and had always kind of imagined something out of The Kingsmen, complete with the dangerous tests and all. So I hit up google

Read moaarr here https://www.sis.gov.uk/eligibility.html
Ok obviously not as complicated as I had imagined, seems quite straight forward imo:cosbyhmm:.Minus the intense security vetting of course

:whew:

So what do u say ssp, do y'all think u have what it takes to become the next Somali James Bond :mjswag:

Imagine all the novice jihadist you'd be able catch alone from one afternoon in the mosque :icon lol: u could rat them out before they run off to blow themselves up in Syria kkkkk

Nice try, PET (Politiets-efterretningstjeneste) :ufdup:

As someone who speaks 6 languages i will be a good candidate as spy and coming from a family of somali (national Security service) High ranking officers that is a bonus... i would probably work for mossad if i had to choose one

As someone who speaks 6 languages i will be a good candidate as spy and coming from a family of somali (national Security service) High ranking officers that is a bonus... i would probably work for mossad if i had to choose one

You speak six languages? Definitely a valuable asset, which ones do u speak?

I'd ask what ur family did but I'm assuming it's top secret...? :cosbyhmm:

Yahodi intelligence service??? :deadosama: may I ask why

Nah the CIA is crazy.
:idontlike:

They'd probably tell me to kill my mom or something and that if I don't I'm not a true american patriot who's willing to sacrifice anything for my country.
:snoop:

Jokes on them I was never a patriot to this disgusting country.
:russsmug:

Somali Supremacy and Superiority over everything else.
:fittytousand:

You speak six languages? Definitely a valuable asset, which ones do u speak?

I'd ask what ur family did but I'm assuming it's top secret...? :cosbyhmm:

Yahodi intelligence service??? :deadosama: may I ask why
English french somali norwegian swedish arabic
My uncle under NSS was tasked to arrest muuse biixi before he Went hiding in saudi village then a village in uae before he ran and joined snm

I chose mosssad because of my hatred for arabs but also because of how they smooth and effective they conduct their operations:dabcasar:

Nah the CIA is crazy.
:idontlike:

They'd probably tell me to kill my mom or something and that if I don't I'm not a true american patriot who's willing to sacrifice anything for my country.
:snoop:

Jokes on them I was never a patriot to this disgusting country.
:russsmug:

Somali Supremacy and Superiority over everything else.
:fittytousand:

giphy.gif

Somali supremacy for ever :fittytousand:

English french somali norwegian swedish arabic
My uncle under NSS was tasked to arrest muuse biixi before he Went hiding in saudi village then a village in uae before he ran and joined snm

I chose mosssad because of my hatred for arabs but also because of how they smooth and effective they conduct their operations:dabcasar:

Swedish and Norwegian???? That don't count warya, you're talking to a fellow scandi here :chrisfreshhah:

I'll give u the others tho lmaooo, how'd you learn french? I want to give it a go

But would they accept u? I'm assuming mossad would restrict their criteria even more :patrice: your uncle sounds cool

Swedish and Norwegian???? That don't count warya, you're talking to a fellow scandi here :chrisfreshhah:

I'll give u the others tho lmaooo, how'd you learn french? I want to give it a go

But would they accept u? I'm assuming mossad would restrict their criteria even more :patrice: your uncle sounds cool

You scandi card has been revoked :ufdup: You can't write proper danish anymore

Books :mugshotman: Tv shows and movies will do too, I learnt english by reading and watching TV. I'm sure it will work the otherway around too

If you were a true danes, you'd know by heart :comeon:

Jk, begin watching dr trough proxy, watch Forbrydelsen, Bage-dysten (very popular), Matador (if you like old classics) and watch borgen, very good series. :damedamn:

Status
Not open for further replies.