Did Allah Destroy The Ancient Somalis?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Somalis weren't 100% somali that long ago. Even during the futuh the inland somalis in modern galbeed still had many Waaqist. Ahmad Gurey converted the remaining hinterland Waaqist somalis to islam as well as many Habash. 20% of Amhara are Muslim now thanks to Ahmad Gurey. As well as near all lowland horn.

My Jiini hunch is - Somalis were already converted Arab tribe who intermixed with citizens of the Ajuraan empire- the locals- and thus Somali was born.

Like the Arabs who settled in Mombasa -and intermixed language with the locals to make it Swahili

Cush

Cushite Arab
It can be attributed to common sense and the blessings of Allah that our ancestors had open hearts and embraced the final revelation. Additionally, the guidance of the Prophet, who advised leaving the Abyssinians alone as long as they did the same, explains why the caliphates did not engage in campaigns of conquest in the Horn of Africa.

And main reason is fascinating to learn that our ancient Somali ancestors practiced a monotheistic religion. They believed in a single supreme being without images or idols and recognized the existence of an intermediary spirit between humans and God. Their belief system included laws and orders, and they regarded certain individuals as messengers, similar to priests. Their belief in a holy book, even if it was lost in a cow's belly and sought each year through sacrifice, indicates a strong connection to divine guidance.

When Islam arrived, it likely resonated with them significantly. The concept of a holy book and a messenger would have aligned with their existing beliefs, especially given the proximity of the region where Islam emerged and also they probably took Prophet Muhammed as messenger from Waaq. The idea of a supreme being without partners, the creator of everything, and the existence of different nations in various lands would have found harmony with their worldview.
She may actually be correct brother, according to a 0th century book, the Zanj and Somali coastal people staged rebellions, the Abbasids sent 150,000 men to massacre them and replaced the Arab governors with Persians

GUESS WHO ARRIVED TO SOMALIA IN THE 10TH CENTURY? The Aqeelis and possibly T-M70, there are also sources which state Hawiyes arrival in the 10000s oerfectly matching the date
It was like Australia for us Aqeelis, just like the British sent their prisoners there according to 3 major Islamic historians the Quraysh colonized the Eritrean and Somali coasts to Jabarta
Why?
Because the Abbasids massacred all other Quraysh to maintain rule

Darood got his bride because the people were already familiar

This is the only plausible explanation as to how Adnaani Arabs dominated the society

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP
My Jiini hunch is - Somalis were already converted Arab tribe who intermixed with citizens of the Ajuraan empire- the locals- and thus Somali was born.

Like the Arabs who settled in Mombasa -and intermixed language with the locals to make it Swahili
But Somali is the most pure Cushitic language and Genes. Arabs in zanj just xooged the locals and that's how we got Swahili which is a Bantu-Arab creole.

Somali doesn't have any big Arabic influence within the language. Probably 5% at most. Meanwhile you can find lots of similarities between Tigrayan and Arabic, Hebrew due to common Semetic origins. Somalis are their own unique tounge if you don't factor in the other cushites living under the Habash.

Cush

Cushite Arab
That is not too far off actually.

The ancient Cushtic religion of the Somali (+ Oromo ect.) was a monotheistic religion that worshiped a single invisible sky god and nomads would put their hands together and pray to the sky for rainfall. And idols seem to not be a part of the religion or even condemned since we don't find Idols anywhere from pre Islamic Somaliweyn.

The monotheistic religions of the Semites, Judaism and Islam, would've made sense to the ancient Somalis.
Somsalis have Canaanite gods in their abtirsis and the excavations in CG look like gods, it was a cow and a man and we've seen Laas Geel

techsamatar

I put Books to the Test of Life
huuno your hyperbole nationalist Somalielitist view is sick.

"When Islam arrived, it likely resonated with them significantly. The concept of a holy book and a messenger would have aligned with their existing beliefs, especially given the proximity of the region where Islam emerged"

So arrogant.

you are the one making ignorant claims, suggesting that Sahabas destroyed and converted our ancestors by force. I urge you to study Somali history thoroughly instead of adopting a Westernized perspective.

I stand by my statements; nothing I said was incorrect or inappropriate. Your response only reveals your desire to perceive oppression where there is none, perhaps to fit in. You seem willing to forsake your Somali heritage to align yourself with the historical struggles of African Americans and the forced conversion of Africa under Christianity.

Cush

Cushite Arab
you are the one making ignorant claims, suggesting that Sahabas destroyed and converted our ancestors by force. I urge you to study Somali history thoroughly instead of adopting a Westernized perspective.

I stand by my statements; nothing I said was incorrect or inappropriate. Your response only reveals your desire to perceive oppression where there is none, perhaps to fit in. You seem willing to forsake your Somali heritage to align yourself with the historical struggles of African Americans and the forced conversion of Africa under Christianity.
Read my updated quote I explain this, they're not our ancestors and they were Muslims but rebellious

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

huuno this subject is boring to me. My head hurts already

1696704322146.png

Cush

Cushite Arab
@techsamatar Daroods loved in Saylac area, Madhibaan resisted the Abbasids until the 13th century, Daarood took time to grow and likely allied Dir to exterminate them I MEAN YIBIR EXISTED ALL THOSE CENTURIES BEFORE MAJOR TRIBES AND TODAY ARE OUT NUMBERED BY SUB SUB CLANS

Bucur Bucayr's ingdin likely spanned to Bari, they beat them and this is prrobably why Darood oral history begins in Bari, hell Hiraab patriarchs are in SL

Cush

Cushite Arab
But Somali is the most pure Cushitic language and Genes. Arabs in zanj just xooged the locals and that's how we got Swahili which is a Bantu-Arab creole.

Somali doesn't have any big Arabic influence within the language. Probably 5% at most. Meanwhile you can find lots of similarities between Tigrayan and Arabic, Hebrew due to common Semetic origins. Somalis are their own unique tounge if you don't factor in the other cushites living under the Habash.
And yes we do have may Arabic words you just don't even now, but search for lists online and Swahilli was made by Omanis

Khaemwaset

VIP
Somsalis have Canaanite gods in their abtirsis and the excavations in CG look like gods, it was a cow and a man and we've seen Laas Geel
Waaq was represented through the crow for whatever reason. "Waaq" sounds similar to the sounds the crow made.

Acording to the Religion, there were originally three races. Ordinary sized Humans, Giants & some other thing. No race could speak and so the giants the other race killed themselves off to extinction. But eventually Waaq gave Man the gift of language.

I found this tik tok that explains the canon.

Also worth noting that Rax as the sun/God is also similar to the Egyptian sun god called Ra. Very cool seeing the similarities between different cultures and languages in the Afro-Asiatic world.

Cush

Cushite Arab
Waaq was represented through the crow for whatever reason. "Waaq" sounds similar to the sounds the crow made.

Acording to the Religion, there were originally three races. Ordinary sized Humans, Giants & some other thing. No race could speak and so the giants the other race killed themselves off to extinction. But eventually Waaq gave Man the gift of language.

I found this tik tok that explains the canon.

Also worth noting that Rax as the sun/God is also similar to the Egyptian sun god called Ra. Very cool seeing the similarities between different cultures and languages in the Afro-Asiatic world.
We're not Waaqists, weare closer to the Sabeans and Egyptians proven by archaeology, also the Akkadians and in their religion they saw Somalis/camel herders as foreign

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
It's obvious you guys are givin' white-washed version of actual somali history.
I think you're all ajnabi cadaan shishiyee blackphishing on the internet 😒😒

Khaemwaset

VIP
And yes we do have may Arabic words you just don't even now, but search for lists online and Swahilli was made by Omanis
True but it varies depending on region. Us Djiboutians have alot of Arabic due to our proximity to yemen and the fact many yemenis live in Djibouti. But if you go to galbeed and visit the Geelgires there will be almost no foriegn/Arabic influence in the tounge. Geelgires in the deep hinterland should be studied to make the most authentic Somali dictionary.

Same thing with Nomadic Arabs living in bedouin tribes. They have maintained some of the most authentic Arabic. For some reason Nomadic people maintain language well over a long period. Unlike settled peoples who seperate and form own dialects and eventually new languages. Nomads move around large land and interact with each other regularly which stops strong and distinct regional dialects & new languages from forming.

Khaemwaset

VIP
We're not Waaqists, weare closer to the Sabeans and Egyptians proven by archaeology, also the Akkadians and in their religion they saw Somalis/camel herders as foreign
Akkadians saw camel herder semites as foriegn ofc. They were settled Semites and had beef with nomadic ones who tried attacking them across history.

Waaq was just a religion not a ethnicity. Sabeans had most influence in the Highlands which is where their xoog led to the Habash. Somalis were never conquered by semites or any outside forces until we got beat during the scramble by Ethiopian, French, Italian and British invasions from all sides at the same time.

Cush

Cushite Arab
True but it varies depending on region. Us Djiboutians have alot of Arabic due to our proximity to yemen and the fact many yemenis live in Djibouti. But if you go to galbeed and visit the Geelgires there will be almost no foriegn/Arabic influence in the tounge. Geelgires in the deep hinterland should be studied to make the most authentic Somali dictionary.

Same thing with Nomadic Arabs living in bedouin tribes. They have maintained some of the most authentic Arabic. For some reason Nomadic people maintain language well over a long period. Unlike settled peoples who seperate and form own dialects and eventually new languages. Nomads move around large land and interact with each other regularly which stops strong and distinct regional dialects & new languages from forming.
Same for the south and so do nomads, it;s a lahja of Arabic

Akkadians saw camel herder semites as foriegn ofc. They were settled Semites and had beef with nomadic ones who tried attacking them across history.

Waaq was just a religion not a ethnicity. Sabeans had most influence in the Highlands which is where their xoog led to the Habash. Somalis were never conquered by semites or any outside forces until we got beat during the scramble by Ethiopian, French, Italian and British invasions from all sides at the same time.
An Akkaddian man birthed the camel herding Arabs, Akadians fought the Zagrosians and Somalia was both part of Saba and Havilah and we ruled them

Cush

Cushite Arab
@techsamatar Daroods loved in Saylac area, Madhibaan resisted the Abbasids until the 13th century, Daarood took time to grow and likely allied Dir to exterminate them I MEAN YIBIR EXISTED ALL THOSE CENTURIES BEFORE MAJOR TRIBES AND TODAY ARE OUT NUMBERED BY SUB SUB CLANS

Bucur Bucayr's ingdin likely spanned to Bari, they beat them and this is prrobably why Darood oral history begins in Bari, hell Hiraab patriarchs are in SL
@techsamatar What do you think?

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Drink some Caano geel then.

By the way- If @Cush is right that Allaah swt destroyed the old Somalia- and u claim that they were always not a terrible pagans but believers- then why did Allaah swt destroy them? They can't be both. Either they were Pagans and they were destroyed. Or They were believers and they converted quick! Choose one huuno!

Caano geel stinks