Did you know the 2nd President of Somaliland wrote a letter to the Israeli Prime Minister begging for Ictiraaf

I digress. Hargeisa, Berbera & Burco are better than under Kacaan. You talking like Kacan built anything in the rural villages they're still the same aside from the Chinese road. Kacan government was a failure it was kept alive by the unprecedented aid it received from abroad I'd argue the current corrupt government is better at least they don't need sadaqa to build or subjugate their own people.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
I didn't comment on whether it was better than Kacaan.

I simply said that for 33 years there has been a new entity that is supposedly a government and in that 33 years there is very little it has achieved.

You can't give credit to Somaliland for what people done themselves.

The task of a government is to build and maintain infrastructure, to secure its borders and to dispense justice. On all these most basic fronts, SL has failed. The one exception is the Berbera port deal. Otherwise it has been a circus show where the budget for each year has all gone into people's pockets whether by legal or illegal means.

That's actually constructive criticism. I agree on most of what you wrote above. Still much much better than under the Kacaan. Egal was corrupt but had a civil war, much of Kahin term toke place during the livestock blockade from Arabia. The only presidents who actually had some room to wiggle and break from this cycle are Siilanyo and Bixii. Both failed to change course especially Bixii.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SL as an unrecognized government is going to struggle to build infrastructure because you would need recognition for loans from foreign governments and international bodies.
In respect to the border what issues are there except SL internal problems.

SL is aight, unless you have some other alternative save your criticisms otherwise you are an advocate for either anarchy or the FGS centralism or federalism which have not achieved even the bare minimum.

SL as an unrecognized government is going to struggle to build infrastructure because you would need recognition for loans from foreign governments and international bodies.
In respect to the border what issues are there except SL internal problems.

SL is aight, unless you have some other alternative save your criticisms otherwise you are an advocate for either anarchy or the FGS centralism or federalism which have not achieved even the bare minimum.
That's just excuses there's plenty they could do right now if they wanted to

That's just excuses there's plenty they could do right now if they wanted to

Like what would make a difference bigger than working towards recognition? Nothing. They have the right priority now.

Even if the budget was used perfectly it wouldn't be 1/100th of what recognition is worth.

I think the Kacaan government got the chinese (mainland) to build them roads by offering them some diplomatic support, lol back when ROC(taiwan) was considered the official government. They were great at getting something for nothing, SL could have given over bases and done all those things Kacaan did without being repressive and been miles ahead by now. Recognition is priceless.

Kacaan was living off the promise of berbera for the whole cold war. I'm not sure if the Russians or the US even got any real use out of it, might be wrong though.

Last edited: