Disney Fandom made a "Somalian" slave king?!!!

Avalanche

Guul iyo Gobanimo
VIP
found the the writers instagram, why are 3 white dude making a story in Africa?

I will make a quick dm

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

Arkan

Reer Miyi
You know how people can't tell Chinese apart from Koreans and Filipinos and other Asians?

It appears ajnabis can't tell Somalis apart from other madows. Somalis look Bantu to them. It explains why Somalis appear they way they do in movies and cartoons and etc.
They can tell us apart. At least the smart ones who pay attention can. West African and Somali comparison on Joe Rogans podcast.

And there aren't Somalis lining up to be Jewwood fiddles in movies and shows, but I'm not sure which cartoons you're talking about where we've been depicted.

Last edited:

AbdiFreedom

For US colonization of Somalia|Trudeau4Prison
Staff Member
They can tell us apart. At least the smart ones who pay attention can. West African and Somali comparison on Joe Rogans podcast.

And there aren't Somalis lining up to be Jewwood fiddles in movies and shows, but I'm not sure which cartoons you're talking about where we've been depicted.

He has a PhD from Columbia University and teaches culture. Bad example. You're clutching at straws

Arkan

Reer Miyi
He has a PhD from Columbia University and teaches culture. Bad example. You're clutching at straws
There's countless people who recognise our differences, but it seems you're pushing an agenda.

It's not our fault if people mistake you for a Madow sxb, but don't project on to the rest of us :lolbron:

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
There's countless people who recognise our differences, but it seems you're pushing an agenda.

It's not our fault if people mistake you for a Madow sxb, but don't project on to the rest of us :lolbron:

I wish I looked and was "Madow". There's no need for me to push an agenda. The fact is movie and TV shows show Somalis as "Madow". That's not me protecting.

Arkan

Reer Miyi
I wish I looked and was "Madow". There's no need for me to push an agenda. The fact is movie and TV shows show Somalis as "Madow". That's not me protecting.
Like I said, Somalis aren't exactly lining up to be cast in roles. Let's not act like that's not the case. :childplease::camby:

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Like I said, Somalis aren't exactly lining up to be casted in roles. Let's not act like that's not the case. :childplease::camby:

There's plenty of Somali actors and those lining up for roles. There were hundreds that auditioned for Captain Philips.

xiin-finiin

general of ciidamada sida raha ubooda
There's plenty of Somali actors and those lining up for roles. There were hundreds that auditioned for Captain Philips.
if there were hundreds, then the nigga that picked barkhad was a genius LOOL. wallahi, perfect guy for the role of a dulli budcad badeed oo rasuulkiisa iyo ilaahiisa kafurtay :russ:

Arkan

Reer Miyi
No one lined up for Captain Phillips. The casting director actually had a team to search for Somalis countrywide before they had them audition. If they hadn't been insistent on 'authenticity' and hadn't conducted a search, I doubt any Somali 'actors' would've entertained the idea of it. The director would've probably cast Madows, as they typically are in other movies, and shows.

It took one Google research to prove they struggled to find actors to potray as Somali pirates.
Director Paul Greengrass offers a dramatic and theatrical modern-day pirate story from Billy Ray’s screenplay, based on the book by Captain Richard Phillips. But the intense and emotional story that found the title character kidnapped at sea wasn’t the only challenge facing casting director Francine Maisler. With Tom Hanks already attached as Captain Phillips, Maisler knew the real challenge would be finding actors to play the pirates.
Since the film was based on true events, one important factor in casting was authenticity. “I don’t think there was ever a question of wanting to find real Somali men for our pirates,” says Maisler. “Regardless of the name level of the rest of the cast, we were all committed to authenticity.” Casting a wide net for the search, Maisler held open calls in Minneapolis, Ohio, and San Diego because of the large Somali-American communities in those areas.
Casting a wide net for the search, Maisler held open calls in Minneapolis, Ohio, and San Diego because of the large Somali-American communities in those areas. “Finding the Somali men to play the pirates was a daunting task.

Last edited:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Because Nigeria and Somalia are geographically so close

:mjlol::drakekidding:

*Shimbiris descends off his Dhow onto the Cape of Spices among his Majeerteen and Dishiishe kinsmen and gives his speech at the local Kingsmoot*

"Brothers, cousins, friends... my cousin promises you barren and poor Hadhramout and Socotra and my niece promises you a Kismaayo shared with other tribes while my nephew promises you even less. I say f*ck it. I say we take our horses, our canons, our rifles and our ships and we take the Jubba and Shabeelle, the Nile Valley and the Simien Mountains, the coast of Sawaxiil and march until even those living around those Great Lakes pay us homage. I say we we take Yemen and the Hejaz, Oman and Masr and someday even go so far west that Timbuktu and this land of N*ggerians is ours. I say we fucking take it all!"

*showers attendees with treasures looted from across the Indian Ocean world on piratical raids*

6CfCCkq.jpg

So speaketh Shimbiris Greyjoy!

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
No one lined up for Captain Phillips. The casting director actually had a team to search for Somalis countrywide before they had them audition. If they hadn't been insistent on 'authenticity' and hadn't conducted a search, I doubt any Somali 'actors' would've entertained the idea of it. The director would've probably cast Madows, as they typically are in other movies, and shows.

It took one Google research to prove they struggled to find actors to potray as Somali pirates.

In November, 2011, he was one of more than 700 people at an open audition the Brian Coyle Center in Minneapolis. Abdi said he soon realized it was unlikely the number he'd received from the talent scouts would ever come up.

Trending