Djibouti Anime Convention ๐Ÿ’€

Khaemwaset

Frรผher of the Djibouti Ugaasate ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ
VIP
Looks really cool. Got to visit it one day

Is the city mostly Somali or is diverse like most other African capitals?
It's diverse when I lived tbere I had friends who were American, Egyptian, Ethiopian, Yemeni and loads of other foriegners.

But overall it's majority Somali and the foriegners will mostly be able to speak to you in Somali too

Khaemwaset

VIP
NGL, I couldn't tell you who was Afar and who was Somali in those videos. There were some people who clearly are Arabs however
Afars are basically Somalis with a different similar language. I'd say the sane with Muslim Oromo and basically every Muslim Horner I met while living in Djibouti. I if they were Muslim I genuinely couldn't tell they were foriegn or not as a child.

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
VIP
Not to be rude. But this looks so out of character for a country thatโ€™s residing next to a near by war zone countries (Ethiopia, Eritrea, and Somalia).

Big ups to Djibouti for keeping it real.

Last edited:

Aseer

A man without a ๐Ÿซ won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Must feel nice to walk around freely without the fear of getting bombed or shot up.

Khaemwaset

VIP
Must feel nice to walk around freely without the fear of getting bombed or shot up.
Not to be rude. But this looks so out of character for a country thatโ€™s residing next to a near by war zone countries (Ethiopia, Eritrea, and Somalia).

Big to Djibouti for keeping it real.

I felt unsafe in some areas but that's mostly for petty crime reasons, war was a foreign idea to Mr as living In Djibouti when I was younger

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
VIP

I think there was a video based on this. Where Djibouti has military base residing in the country.

This is pretty much what prevents the county [Djibouti] from being invaded from these three countries (Ethiopia, Eritrea and Somalia)

1721330521432.png

Aseer

A man without a ๐Ÿซ won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
I felt unsafe in some areas but that's mostly for petty crime reasons, war was a foreign idea to Mr as living In Djibouti when I was younger
Yeah one can tell when people casually have leisure and recreational events like these.

Khaemwaset

VIP
Yeah one can tell when people casually have leisure and recreational events like these.
Yeah there's lots of nice places in the city and in tourist spots outside the city in places like Moucha island. Costs lots of money though

Khaemwaset

VIP
I think there was a video based on this. Where Djibouti has military base residing in the country.

This is pretty much what prevents the county [Djibouti] from being invaded from these three countries (Ethiopia, Eritrea and Somalia)

View attachment 334863
Yeah only reason we don't have to worry about war is because the Djibouti government outsourced defence to foreign powers like Gulf states. The Millitary is only for the government to maintain control within the country or fight a small scale war against a country like Eritrea.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
54% of Somalia is nomadic that means they donโ€™t have a single residence so they abide by their own laws

where as most of Djibouti I believe is urban making things very smooth and easy

Trending